England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Late review!

Thought Stones showed why he is rated as a ball playing CB, set up a few good attacks by bringing the ball out. Bar the slip I thought he was decent.

England really need to look at stopping this leaky defense though

So....Roy has named the England squad. And no-this IS the named squad. No View attachment 151658

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, Fraser Forster, Tom Heaton

Defenders: Nathaniel Clyne, Kyle Walker, Gary Cahill, Chris Smalling, John Stones, Ryan Bertrand, Danny Rose

Midfielders: Dele Alli, Ross Barkley, Fabian Delph, Eric Dier, Danny Drinkwater, Jordan Henderson, Adam Lallana, James Milner, Raheem Sterling, Andros Townsend, Jack Wilshere

Strikers: Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge, Jamie Vardy

So yeah. We're gonna go far no joke

View attachment 151658

Leaves out Defoe, picks Delph.

yeah................squad selection is brilliant.............

Last edited:
Wilshere has played a grand total of 141 minutes this season and gets selected. This is a farce. What exactly has he even achieved in his 'career' to warrant automatic selection?

Townsend, Wilshere, Delph.... oh my days that's terrible.

Also I feel for Defoe, he has been great this season but in my opinion Rashford is one for the future and giving him this experience at this time is more valuable. I mean we already have Vardy and Kane who have been better than even Defoe this year so he wouldn't of got much out of going in all honesty.

Wilshere has played a grand total of 141 minutes this season and gets selected. This is a farce. What exactly has he even achieved in his 'career' to warrant automatic selection?

Because Wilshere is Englands golden boy durrrr.

Personally I wouldn't have taken Stones-which pains me to say. But his confidence is shot and his performances have been regressing. He needs a break to sort himself out

I personally would drop Rashford, Wilshire and Sterling/Delph.

If Rashford goes he will be another Walcott. Why not take Defore who would make a good impact sub. Wilshire...Yes a fit Wilshire is a great player, but how often is there a fit Wilshire? Not very often. Sterling and Delph have done nothing all season, but I guess Sterling is the better player of the two.

Loads of people saying Drinkwater should be dropped which is genuinely shocking. Clearly not many people are actually interested in football in this country. If he is dropped, I will loose all hope.

Why Sterling? He can be also very good sub. He isint as good as last season, but u dont have anyone on the wings.

If you're picking a squad on merit on performances over a season, ala Vardy, he'd be nowhere near. He's been wank for City the majority of the year to the point, even accepting his late season injury, he wasn't a first choice for the games that really mattered.

Sterling, Stones, Barkley, Wilshire, Delph shouldn't be anywhere near that squad based off this season. Could also make the same case for Henderson who's been poor and carrying injury that's continually holding him back.

Could bringing Wilshere be genius, usually one player gets injured before the tournament so by bringing Wilshere it ensures that no important players get injured.

Anyone saying Barkley shouldn't be near squad is obviously biased. He'd **** all over lallana. He was superb at the start and then whole Everton went ****. Easily better than all English midfielders except very few.

Anyone saying Barkley shouldn't be near squad is obviously biased. He'd **** all over lallana. He was superb at the start and then whole Everton went ****. Easily better than all English midfielders except very few.

I'd rather have Lallana than Bartley imo but they should both go. Wilshere, Sterling and Stones are in the squad because of their quality. There's no point in picking which ever player is flavour of the month. Sterling is our best wide player and was excellent before his injuries. Wilshere has an incredible record for England on the national team and Stones is one of our best central defenders despite not having a great season.

I don't see the outcry of Wilshere being picked. Rooney has been shocking for the past 2 seasons. Wilshere has done much more in an England shirt to justify his selection. So has Sterling.

If anything, Delph and Rooney at least shouldn't be there. Delph just hasn't got the quality and Rooney has seen a massive decline.

I don't see the outcry of Wilshere being picked. Rooney has been shocking for the past 2 seasons. Wilshere has done much more in an England shirt to justify his selection. So has Sterling.

If anything, Delph and Rooney at least shouldn't be there. Delph just hasn't got the quality and Rooney has seen a massive decline.

Its not about his past performances in an England shirt though. Wilshere has had ONE start in the past nine months. What makes Roy think he will be anywhere near sharp and fit enough to last 90 minutes in a major international tournament?

And while Rooney has been terrible, at least he has played a reasonable amount of games and was once a world-class player who could very well rouse himself for the Euro's. Wilshere has achieved zilch and spent more time in the tabloids and treatment room than on the pitch. Scholes was not wrong when he pointed out that Wilshere has barely progressed in the past 5 years.

Sorry but I rather take a midfielder whom I can trust to get onto the pitch no matter how 'talented' Wilshere is

Wilshere, Sterling and Stones are in the squad because of their quality.

And that's exactly the problem. You should pick squad based on form. Quality means **** if people aren't able to show it on the pitch for entire calendar year.

I'd rather have Lallana than Bartley imo but they should both go.....

I'm not going to start comparing the two as that wasn't the point of the earlier discussion, but just on Lallana, it hasn't been until the second half of this year that I've come to really appreciate just what a talented, smart footballer he is. His work rate has been phenomenal right through under Klopp. He often sets the tone for how we play and his pressing is second to none. But earlier in the year, he was struggling to last 70 minutes let alone 90 and his overall game just wasn't there as a result. Now he's gotten his fitness right up, and he's starting to really contribute to our attacking play, you've really begun to see what he brings. He's so quick footed in tight areas. Technically real gifted. He just lacks that turn of pace to get away from his man. But he has everything else you need. Honestly, as of right now, if/ when Gotze arrives, the three behind Sturridge for me at Anfield should be Gotze, Firmino and Lallana. Coutinho would be the odd man out and he's arguably the most talented of the lot. But his career has stalled to where it should be for me at this point. World class one week. Average the next.

Adam's been one of most improved performers under Klopp. And the perfect age too coming into the prime of his career.

Last edited:
Back