England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Done with England with Roy in charge, Drinkwater been better than Wilshere, Henderson and Delph.

its official Wilshere has gone over Drinkwater there are no ******* words

Its a farce that he was even included. 144 minutes the entire season over someone who played an integral role in winning the title. Let that sink in ...

Good Ol' Woy picking players on form, fitness and not reputation, oh wait.

Its a farce that he was even included. 144 minutes the entire season over someone who played an integral role in winning the title. Let that sink in ...

Can you imagine if it was the other way around.

Drinkwater goes after playing 144 minutes over Wilshere who played an integral role in Arsenal winning the title. Roy would probably be sacked on the spot. Honestly cannot get my head round this one at all. Makong enquiries as we speak about a second passport ;)

Id have like Drinkwater to purely due to Dier being the only gritty ballwinner in the mid mix.

Wilshere he's a much better option to throw on if England are chasing a goal/game.
Drinkwater would be better suited to shutting up shop and England won't be in that position :p
Thats the only reason i can see the lads hasn't gone. The others are easy to justify.

Player of the Year Candidate in the League winning side.. I mean wtf Roy!

Last edited:
So reds are disappointed Sturridge has gone. Blues are laughing that Barkley and Stones went on this years form. Everyone's laughing at Hodgson just because you have to laugh at Hodgson. It's International law. And nobody's really arsed as it's England.

That has been my afternoon.

I personally like the squad. The only change I would seriously consider was to include Townsend with the lack of natural wingers, but Woy is likely to use Vardy, Sterling, Rashford, Lallana wider if needed.

As much as I seem to be in the minority, Wilshere is the correct choice for me. Fitness is obviously a worry but on form he is one of our best midfielders

So reds are disappointed Sturridge has gone. Blues are laughing that Barkley and Stones went on this years form. Everyone's laughing at Hodgson just because you have to laugh at Hodgson. It's International law. And nobody's really arsed as it's England.

That has been my afternoon.

Won't be supporting England personally. Too many things have ****** me off down the years.

I'll be wearing my Republic of Ireland top over the summer. :D

Won't be supporting England personally. Too many things have ****** me off down the years.

I'll be wearing my Republic of Ireland top over the summer. :D

Germany looks a valid option given the last 8 months. :D.

Drinkwater can rightly consider himself unlucky not to go, but despite his injuries Wilshere is the more experienced player at International level, which is probably why Roy chose him. Personally I think Sterling is the one who should have been left behind and Townsend taken. Townsend was starting to come back into form at the end of the season whilst Sterling has done nowt really all season apart from warm his *** on the Citeh bench. The rest of the squad more or less choose itself based on the provisional squad.

What the **** have I just read, what I assume to be two Englishman in here saying they will be supporting Germany or even worse, Republic Of Ireland???

If I saw an Englishman in a pub wearing one of them two tops and watching an England game you'd be in serious trouble. :D

No matter how much you may hate the FA you do not stop supporting your national team, that is just morally wrong. Yes we may feel as fans that we are cast aside or may not be the biggest fan of the manager. But I'll always support my country, especially the players who quite clearly give their all. That's personally what I am excited about with this squad, yes it has flaws but I expect virtually every player (bar maybe Sturridge) to work as hard as possible to deliver us results.

That's one reason I am gutted for Drinkwater, inexcusable given the season he had. But Rashford I am absolutely delighted for and I believe he can contribute from a variety of attacking positions whether that be striker or out-wide, to be honest that was probably the tipping point for Roy taking him.

Hey, atleast you're not from Holland... I study in Belgium and the closer the European Championship is getting the more I'm hearing comments about how embarrasing it is that we did not qualify. Let's say about 20 times a day ;)

Hey, atleast you're not from Holland... I study in Belgium and the closer the European Championship is getting the more I'm hearing comments about how embarrasing it is that we did not qualify. Let's say about 20 times a day ;)

Interesting point.

This is really what bugs me about fans in England. When they say the players can not perform at their best because the media pressure is too strong, it is just such an excuse or kop out which I can never accept.

The reason being is because every major footballing country like yourselves and for example Spain/Germany who have been successfull recently in big tournaments, have huge media pressure and expectation put on to them by their media as well. It is really no different in that regard, yes I can kind of sympathize that there is a lot of pressure, but it is the same for every top footballing nation who has aspirations to win especially.

Pressure from the media is just another thing you will have to learn to cope with. It's a part of being a proffesional. The best proffesionals turn the pressure into motivation and positive thoughts. It's mainly mentality, but it can also be trained. That's why mental coaches are more accepted in football now a days.

Anyways, about the pressure we put on our team is more a hopeful thing than that we seriously expect everytime to become champions, like the polls would suggest.
I mean we gave them a tour on the canals when they got 2nd in the world cup in 2010... (while we had a very easy route to the finals btw just like last world cup!)

What the **** have I just read, what I assume to be two Englishman in here saying they will be supporting Germany or even worse, Republic Of Ireland???

If I saw an Englishman in a pub wearing one of them two tops and watching an England game you'd be in serious trouble. :D

No matter how much you may hate the FA you do not stop supporting your national team, that is just morally wrong.....

Meh, I don't 'support' anyone as such in International tournaments. Until the knock-outs, most International tournaments aren't worth a **** and bore the living **** out of me anyways. But it's good to have some 'interest' in someone if you are to watch. (Normally Italy for me as it's a Country I've always been fascinated by. Shrugs.).

'Morally wrong' ..... Interesting POV. The short answer for me would be if you came from this City, and had years and years of being looked down on by the rest of the Country, and had your City down trodden by successive Governments growing up; you'd have a better appreciation of saying 'F THAT!' when those same people expect everyone to come together and support the Nation when it comes to football. Then you can take that wider and even if I were England inclined, as a fan I'm polarised again as everything is geared toward the Southern based England fan with most every game at Wembley. Try getting back North on a Wednesday night from there! And that's not to say a lot of people here won't be keenly following England next month. They will. I just personally have no interest for the above reasons that get a lot deeper when you get into it. I don't wish England to lose. I just aren't arsed if they do. Just nonplussed and uninterested either way.

International footie bores me most the time. There's just little I can get out of England that I don't get out of my own club in Europe. I've seen most every top player live. Been to too many different Country's and stadiums to mention watching my team. You look around the average England game and it's all little clubs and provincial towns. England trips for them are like European trips for me that they'll never get the opportunity to be on and experience outside of following England. And the insular, xenophobic. 'little Englander' neanderthal 'fan' that still blights the National side I'd rather not be associated with anyways but that's another story.

Back