England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Kane and Vardy is a better combination, while Sturridge is a better player than either of them. More importantly, these tournaments are often about which team is the most fit after playing full year of football, and Sturridge isn't a kind of guy to go into 50-50 tackles.

It's a no brainer that he should be benched and used as a super-sub.

Not really no, it's just annoying seeing anyone try to have a blow at England just for no reason. If you don't support England then don't use this thread is my advice.

If that was the case the Liverpool thread would have half the posts. XD

It's just annoying to read posts constantly going on about reasons why not to support England.

For example another one 'Rooney is playing so I won't support England'.... just BS.

Ok if you feel Rooney doesn't deserve to play for England that is fine, but at least say it with some concrete reason, not just another reason to use it against not supporting England. It doesn't even make sense.

Rooney plays no matter what his form is for club or country. It's ridiculous.

Kane and Vardy is a better combination, while Sturridge is a better player than either of them. More importantly, these tournaments are often about which team is the most fit after playing full year of football, and Sturridge isn't a kind of guy to go into 50-50 tackles.

It's a no brainer that he should be benched and used as a super-sub.

Yeah I'd put them two ahead of Sturridge. They'll be more passionate as well.

Not much to pick between the 3 talent wise, Kane and Vardy are in better form and are more likely to graft a back four. Sturridge is a 'cut'er' mover off the ball, for lack of a better word. Him getting the nod entirely depends on who gets the 10 roles for me, Alli and Sturridge could/would be awesome.

I would have put Rooney as the 10 more likely to see the pass but hes looks too deep in that role at the min for me, more likely to 'hollywood' a through ball, than spot a 10yd slide rule offside breaker.

This. Everytime i read that rooney should play Midfield because he can pass. However theres a difference between a killer through pass and a 'hollywood' pass were theres more margin for error. So were does he play lol... Left bench???.

In what world Sturridge is better than Kane? Kane is easily the best forward England have.

Also since Rooney is starter for sure it's better to play just Kane and use Vardy as impact sub instead of just wasting him as LW. You need game changers on the bench who can go at defenders when they are tired. Vardy is very much suited to that role.

Last edited:
In what world Sturridge is better than Kane? Kane is easily the best forward England have.

Also since Rooney is starter for sure it's better to play just Kane and use Vardy as impact sub instead of just wasting him as LW. You need game changers on the bench who can go at defenders when they are tired. Vardy is very much suited to that role.

Im not knocking Harry "If I could shoot from the Bench I would" Kane but even you have to admit a fit Sturridge is a better player. Nevertheless I agree Kane should start as he is in form plus his link up with Alli is excellent.

Im not knocking Harry "If I could shoot from the Bench I would" Kane but even you have to admit a fit Sturridge is a better player. Nevertheless I agree Kane should start as he is in form plus his link up with Alli is excellent.

Fit Sturridge is not better than Kane. Kane's overall game is superb and his goal scoring record is excellent too.

This is true. When Sturridge is 100%, he shoots he scores. Kane puts great effort in I guess though..

Either way we won't see a 100% fit Sturridge. They'll have him sprinting the day before the match and some sort of heavy intensity training in the pre-match warm up.

This is true. When Sturridge is 100%, he shoots he scores. Kane puts great effort in I guess though..

Either way we won't see a 100% fit Sturridge. They'll have him sprinting the day before the match and some sort of heavy intensity training in the pre-match warm up.

You'd be hard to pressed to see anyone at 100% health through a season let alone a tourney at the end.

That only happens the start of pre-season. Most every player is carrying something through the year.

Last edited:
You'd be hard to pressed to see anyone at 100% health anyone through a season let alone a tourney at the end.

That only happens the start of pre-season. Most every player is carrying something through the year.

This is one of the reasons the world cup in Qatar will be interesting, putting whether it should happen there in the first place aside. A world cup mid season when everyone is up to speed and hasn't had a long gruelling season already is an interesting prospect

This is one of the reasons the world cup in Qatar will be interesting, putting whether it should happen there in the first place aside. A world cup mid season when everyone is up to speed and hasn't had a long gruelling season already is an interesting prospect

I do believe you've just made the first (somewhat) positive point for that shambolic mess I've heard. Well done you lol.

Fit Sturridge is not better than Kane. Kane's overall game is superb and his goal scoring record is excellent too.

Fit Sturridge is better than Kane. Sturridge's overall game IS better then Kane's and his goal scoring record is excellent too.

Sturridge isn't as good in an England shirt as he is for Liverpool. Kane is already level with Daniel for England goals, and he'll most likely overtake him tonight.

I think saying one is better than the other is not the argument, I think that should be the partnership. I really think they would gel very well.

Haven't watched you guys play for a while, so i don't know is it a new thing or not, but... Why does Harry Kane take corner kicks? Wouldn't he be more useful in the box?

Fit Sturridge is better than Kane. Sturridge's overall game IS better then Kane's and his goal scoring record is excellent too.

No. Kane's overall game is better and his goal scoring record is **** good. Last season in the first half he was a sub and now he has scored almost 50 league goals. That's superb record. His work rate, link up play is better.

Fit Sturridge is obviously quality player but not better than Kane.

Haven't watched you guys play for a while, so i don't know is it a new thing or not, but... Why does Harry Kane take corner kicks? Wouldn't he be more useful in the box?

Welcome to the weird and not so wonderful World of Roy Hodgson.

Back