England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Rooney is having good game so far. That pass deserved a proper finish.

You'd be hard to pressed to see anyone at 100% health through a season let alone a tourney at the end.

That only happens the start of pre-season. Most every player is carrying something through the year.

That's kind of the whole point. I've never seen a team make it very far in these tournaments without having a side full of people who are willing to exhaust themselves to go through. Kahn playing with broken finger in WC 2002, Bastian playing 120 minutes of the final with injury, Di Maria losing his **** when med team deemed him unfit for the final.

You don't see that kind of effort in club football, but I can't imagine Sturridge doing that, do you? Lad breaks his nail and his out in the physio room for half a year.

Also on the fullbacks the understanding that Alli and Walker have is causing absolute mayhem down the right, Lallana and Sterling having good games too. Decent performance just no cutting edge same old same old really

Re taking corners, nothing beats Jones taking corners for ManUtd.

Rooney used to take very good set pieces. Rooney from one side and RVP from other.

Walker has been in slightly better form than Clyne, and I think Bertrand had a thigh injury.

If Walker has he's beem the best RB in the PL as Clyne played over 50 games and you can count on a few fingers the bad ones he had. Only Utd springs to mind. His consistency was ridiculous.

I mean I'm more tham happy for Clyne to not play a single second this tournamemt but slif you're playing yiur strongest team the full backs are well open to debate.

Rose has been very good for now.

Also i cant say Clyne was that good this season. Didint stand out that much.

Define 'stand out?'

He could of attacked more, but he's a defender first and foremost and he rarely if ever got either caught out of position or beat all season. Teams atracked the weak left side more often than not as rhe right was totally solid.

Defenders don't tend to 'stand out.'

If Walker has he's beem the best RB in the PL as Clyne played over 50 games and you can count on a few fingers the bad ones he had. Only Utd springs to mind. His consistency was ridiculous.

I mean I'm more tham happy for Clyne to not play a single second this tournamemt but slif you're playing yiur strongest team the full backs are well open to debate.

I've been very impressed with Clyne too, I wanted United to sign him last summer. But in the warm-up games I think Walker was class, so I'd make him first choice for England. It's a relief to have two quality RBs after having Johnson in the team for the last few tournaments anyway.

I've been very impressed with Clyne too, I wanted United to sign him last summer. But in the warm-up games I think Walker was class, so I'd make him first choice for England. It's a relief to have two quality RBs after having Johnson in the team for the last few tournaments anyway.

OK ta. Never watched any of the pre-tournament friendlies.

And yeah, Johnson was/ is a joke of a full back.

Last edited:

I'm not sure they are, Rose and Walker both played key roles in Spur' campaign, but its tactically that it helps England you have a club understanding with the most important positions on the pitch. Fullback and CM makes sense really considering the season they are coming off. Even if you think that Clyne is as good or better than Walker (I personally don't) Walker offers far much more link up play because of the club understanding same for Rose. Although I think CLyne and Walker may be closer in ability I think Rose is well ahead of Bertrand for me. I am only going off memory but there was times Koeman played an 18 year old at left bac forget his name had him in my FF team.

Define 'stand out?'

He could of attacked more, but he's a defender first and foremost and he rarely if ever got either caught out of position or beat all season. Teams atracked the weak left side more often than not as rhe right was totally solid.

Defenders don't tend to 'stand out.'

Your saying they don't stand out but Walker and Rose have all season, they played key roles in Tottenhams title push.

Your saying they don't stand out but Walker and Rose have all season, they played key roles in Tottenhams title push.

Yeah, going forward. Thats your highlight reel right there. Defensive play's not as attractive for the highlight package.

£terling hasn't improved at all since he's left us.

His control, passing and finishing are still *****.

But hey, he's quick like .....

He should be your first change.

Jeez, England is playing like ****. Service for strikers is laughable.

Back