England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Congratulations anyways. I had you home before Wimbledon starts, which could still well happen. But I had you going out of the groups. Which may well of happened but for the injury time winner last time out.

So you've out performed what I expected. Well done. I got that one wrong.

We were not great tonight, but in all honesty, it is hard playing a game of football when only one team tries to play. That's been the case vs Slovakia and Wales.

Congratulations anyways. I had you home before Wimbledon starts, which could still well happen. But I had you going out of the groups. Which may well of happened but for the injury time winner last time out.

So you've out performed what I expected. Well done. I got that one wrong.

You're not English?

We were not great tonight, but in all honesty, it is hard playing a game of football when only one team tries to play. That's been the case vs Slovakia and Wales.

Even harder when you don't get men forward yourself and play at such a slow pace. Mainly sideways and backwards.

Little to no excuse for England not beating such average mediocrity as Slovakia whatever side was sent out.

Even harder when you don't get men forward yourself and play at such a slow pace. Mainly sideways and backwards.

Little to no excuse for England not beating such average mediocrity as Slovakia whatever side was sent out.

No excuse for not winning but I knew Roy making so many changes was a mistake. Still not all bad, if Portugal win their group we will face Iceland or Hungary, if Portugal come second we'll face them, which isn't great but Wales might face Croatia.

No excuse for not winning but I knew Roy making so many changes was a mistake. Still not all bad, if Portugal win their group we will face Iceland or Hungary, if Portugal come second we'll face them, which isn't great but Wales might face Croatia.

Well one thong's for sure. You can be assured Hodgson would talk Iceland up as being the best team in the tournament and you have to be well prepared and cautious against them.

Well one thong's for sure. You can be assured Hodgson would talk Iceland up as being the best team in the tournament and you have to be well prepared and cautious against them.

He talks a lot up mate.

"There aren't many quality left-backs around in the world, never mind in England - so to find an English one who can go straight into the team without any adjustment problems is a big advantage."

- Roy Hodgson on signing Paul Konchesky @ Liverpool Football Club

Hey, remember what happened when everybody disrespected Greece in the Euro? You don't write off anybody in the knockouts.

Back