England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Mikes underlying point, which not all of you have gathered is:

It's widely accepted that we aren't going to get anywhere near winning this tournament. So why pick an ageing Terry, even without the bad smell of the racism court case and ******** team mates women that accompanies him at the minute? Why not pick players who are actually going to be at the next tournament? If Terry makes the World Cup squad in two years i might join the barmy army and follow English cricket full time, at least in that sport we have a progressive selection policy.

I sort of recall GC posting an article on this thread by Michale *** which argues that it makes more sense to regroup after the Euro's and then implement a strategy whereby only players playing in future tournaments will be picked instead of picking players like Ox, Hendo for the Euro's and not picking our best players

Cahill is also susceptible to pace, though not as much as Terry, its why Chelsea have to play such a deep defensive line. Its not an all round partnership.

Jags hasnt even been picked. He's on standby -_-

lol, just realised Jagielka isn't in the squad.

So. Maybe Hodgson will play a deep defensive line? [Not saying thats the right choice btw] Or just wants some added expierence in the squad to help the younger players? I understand Terry won't be international standard in 2 years however he's good enough now and obviously Hodgson see's him as a better choice than Jagielka... [I would take him over Jagielka too, but thats just my opinion]

To be fair Carroll has gotten into a patch of form of late so I am not that ****** off about his selection. Downing is a different case altogether.

Yes he has uped his game of late but he has still overall had a poor season and also Crouch I think is the better player and Crouch is also a proven goal scorer for England.

I sort of recall GC posting an article on this thread by Michale *** which argues that it makes more sense to regroup after the Euro's and then implement a strategy whereby only players playing in future tournaments will be picked instead of picking players like Ox, Hendo for the Euro's and not picking our best players

That might make sense if we stood a chance of getting anywhere near even the semis, which we don't. If this was a one off, a last hurrah for the boys like Lamps, Terry etc then:

- Why not pick Rio? **** it, pick Becks and Scholesy.
- Why appoint a gaffer? PArticularly one that nobody really wanted? Let Pearce take the reigns while the golden boys and their egos stutter through the group stages. Then wait and attempt to appoint a genuine world class manager (or Harry) with less time pressure in time to start afresh with the next generation at the next round of qualifiers.

Also, the only thing Terry can lead, is lead his face into the mud. If you are lucky maybe he wont drag half the team with him.

How naive people have to be to believe that guy still has any influence in the backroom after some of the stuff he's been pulling off? At best half the team thinks he is a pompous tool, and i mean this is best case scenario.

This isn't high school or a video game , and "charisma" isn't some set in stone modifier. You're not getting a leader. All you're getting is aging guy with massive ego , and oh that always works so well.

Imo i think we should of had a few more players in squad that will actually be going to the world cup!

So Woy took Kenny's advice re: picking Carroll and Downing.

Oh.

Awkward.............

* Looks at England squad for the Euros *

Whaaat!? No Michael Carrick!? We're doomed!

*Sees England Squad*
3595-i-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore.jpg

I have been following that account for a while, thinking it was real :O

Apologies

Edit: It is rloferdy5 and the official twitter account is rioferdy5, so in caps, they look the same :/

Last edited:
The sad thing is, I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. It would sum England up really. I doubt the likes of Soldado, Villa and Torres will take to Twitter to slate the new manager and take the **** out of his voice if they're not chosen but when it comes to our our little prima donnas, they seem to think that they have a god given right to be:
A. instantly selected and the lineup be fitted around them starting
B. immune to all criticism
C. able to shift the blame on to the manager when things **** up and undermine his position if he stands up to them.

The sad thing is, I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. It would sum England up really. I doubt the likes of Soldado, Villa and Torres will take to Twitter to slate the new manager and take the **** out of his voice if they're not chosen but when it comes to our our little prima donnas, they seem to think that they have a god given right to be:
C. able to shift the blame on to the manager when things **** up and undermine his position if he stands up to them.

It's fake

Unlike Terry and throwing his toys out the pram when he does not get his own way, Rio Ferdinand is a professional, no it would obviously not be true and I wish it was him instead of Terry in the squad.

Last edited:
Back