England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Yep I'm aware of that, the point was that would any of us be the least bit surprised if it was true?

from the real Ferdinand account
Absolutely loved playing for england....to say I'm gutted is an understatement of the highest order...

from the real Ferdinand account

Gutted for him, considering who is in his place instead makes it even worse. I will back Roy but I think that decision is absolutely disgusting, why would you even want Terry just to have your defence sit deep and invite pressure from the word 'go'.

I could understand if there were reservations in taking Ferdinand with his inability to play so many games in a short time span, but Terry hasn't been consistent this season and has lost a lot of respect with his off-field antics. Perhaps he would have been dropped too if Smalling was fit? I personally think it's a travesty that Jagielka's out...and Downing's in...

I could understand if there were reservations in taking Ferdinand with his inability to play so many games in a short time span, but Terry hasn't been consistent this season and has lost a lot of respect with his off-field antics. Perhaps he would have been dropped too if Smalling was fit? I personally think it's a travesty that Jagielka's out...and Downing's in...
Yeah could be true what you saying about smalling, but jags should have gone instead of terry.

carrick's consistently average, he won't win you a game
carrick's not international standard tho, given he's had a great season but couldn't see who he'd play ahead of
lampard, gerrard and barry can all pick a decent pass
Quotes from people I've been talking to about England squad. Drove GC mad with them :) I should stop talking to these people...

Also, the only thing Terry can lead, is lead his face into the mud. If you are lucky maybe he wont drag half the team with him.

How naive people have to be to believe that guy still has any influence in the backroom after some of the stuff he's been pulling off? At best half the team thinks he is a pompous tool, and i mean this is best case scenario.

This isn't high school or a video game , and "charisma" isn't some set in stone modifier. You're not getting a leader. All you're getting is aging guy with massive ego , and oh that always works so well.

Terry slept with his former team mates ex girlfriend, that season Chelsea went on to win their first FA Cup and Premier League double. Terry's allegedly uses a racist comment to Anton Ferdinand, Chelsea win the FA Cup and reach the Champions League final..... So much for dragging the team down with him!!!!!

Unlike Terry and throwing his toys out the pram when he does not get his own way, Rio Ferdinand is a professional, no it would obviously not be true and I wish it was him instead of Terry in the squad.

When has Terry moaned about being left out or getting his own way?? Seriously when it comes to Terry public views really take over, if you don't like the geezer fair enough but don't go talking bullshit.

Terry slept with his former team mates ex girlfriend, that season Chelsea went on to win their first FA Cup and Premier League double. Terry's allegedly uses a racist comment to Anton Ferdinand, Chelsea win the FA Cup and reach the Champions League final..... So much for dragging the team down with him!!!!!

When has Terry moaned about being left out or getting his own way?? Seriously when it comes to Terry public views really take over, if you don't like the geezer fair enough but don't go talking bullshit.

It is not just my personal feelings it is also in a football sense, why do we want him when we have better Centre Back who can do the job better and with Terry in the side you have to adopt a deeper defensive line. Jagielka/Rio over Terry any day I am afraid.

It is not just my personal feelings it is also in a football sense, why do we want him when we have better Centre Back who can do the job better and with Terry in the side you have to adopt a deeper defensive line. Jagielka/Rio over Terry any day I am afraid.

I fully accept your point on footballing terms 100%. Your entitled to your opinion and me too, the difference was when you said "he throws his toys out his pram when he doesn't get his own way" and that is false.

I fully accept your point on footballing terms 100%. Your entitled to your opinion and me too, the difference was when you said "he throws his toys out his pram when he doesn't get his own way" and that is false.

I more was pointing to Chelsea than England, although he has not had to face being omitted from an England squad yet unless injured.

I more was pointing to Chelsea than England, although he has not had to face being omitted from an England squad yet unless injured.

No he hasn't been omitted from the England squad before so that must tell you something?? He is only left out of Chelsea because of injury or bans, why is that?

No he hasn't been omitted from the England squad before so that must tell you something?? He is only left out of Chelsea because of injury or bans, why is that?

We constantly picked Lampard and Gerrard in the same midfield. Doesnt tell you too much.

We constantly picked Lampard and Gerrard in the same midfield. Doesnt tell you too much.

They don't play along side each other any more and have not done for years and rightfully so. Nothing wrong with picking them both in the squad selection or even in the starting 11 together if its not in a 4-4-2 with both in the middle.

They don't play along side each other any more and have not done for years and rightfully so. Nothing wrong with picking them both in the squad selection or even in the starting 11 together if its not in a 4-4-2 with both in the middle.

They played together up until Gerrard got injured late 2010. Bear in mind that Gerrard has only just recently returned to the England fold.

I must be confused because i thought Chelsea doesn't play at Euro, England does and it hasn't won diddle doo with Terry "leading".

Perhaps i just woke up from 10 year long coma and simply slept through Terry raising all the World Cup trophies.

I must be confused because i thought Chelsea doesn't play at Euro, England does and it hasn't won diddle doo with Terry "leading".

Perhaps i just woke up from 10 year long coma and simply slept through Terry raising all the World Cup trophies.

You know excaly the point i am trying to raise.

No i honestly do not.

He said Terry drags his team mates down with him but that is purely not the case. If anything when he's backed into a corner he normally comes out fighting and it makes him more determined.

Back