England Thread

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 372K
Sooo..you must feel pretty optimistic right now. I mean, great ol' partnership, Gerrard-Lampard, is back. Pretty cool. It will be funny to watch Terrys slips and Cahills great composure. But dont you worry, you still have wing wizzard in Walcott. His tecnique is unparallel.

My only problems really are Carrick and Richards not in the squad when players like G.Johnson and Lampard are.

Edit: Oh and why the **** is Terry in the squad when players like Jagielka and Rio are not.

Terry is by and large still a fantastic defender. I can understand if you dont want him in the first 11 but he should definitely be going ahead of the likes of Rio Ferdinand

Plus Glen Johnson is only going because Walker is injured, however by the looks of things Johnson will be first-choice RB a spot which belongs to Richards

Lampard may not deserve to go but I can think of a couple of players who should be dropped ahead of him. Downing for starters

Terry is by and large still a fantastic defender. I can understand if you dont want him in the first 11 but he should definitely be going ahead of the likes of Rio Ferdinand

Plus Glen Johnson is only going because Walker is injured, however by the looks of things Johnson will be first-choice RB a spot which belongs to Richards

Lampard may not deserve to go but I can think of a couple of players who should be dropped ahead of him. Downing for starters

Terry shouldn't be going ahead of Jags. Terry shouldn't really be going.

Surprised AOC has been included but I guess this means no Olympics for him? I mean I sure as **** hope not... Lescott over Jagielka? Not to sure about that one. I mean he did have a good season but I thought Jagielka would be included.

Sooo..you must feel pretty optimistic right now. I mean, great ol' partnership, Gerrard-Lampard, is back. Pretty cool. It will be funny to watch Terrys slips and Cahills great composure. But dont you worry, you still have wing wizzard in Walcott. His tecnique is unparallel.

We are. Don't even know why the other teams are bothering to turn up. Our name is on the cup.

God got to fear for next world cup wonder how many of these players will be going to that?

Are you basing this on footballing reasons or political grounds?

Bceause if it is footballing reasons, I dont see how Terry has done much wrong this season. In fact he has been extremely good as indicated by his performances vs the likes of Tottenham. Barring a few terrible performances which every footballer has in a season, his performance levels have not dropped

I can understand your reasons for not wanting him the starting 11... but he should definitely be going

Ox potential excites Hodgson...

"He is a very, very exciting player. He has given one or two performances that have left quite an impression on me, not least of all when Arsenal played Milan at the Emirates and I was there live and saw how well he dealt with Pirlo and Ambrosini in the centre of midfield," Hodgson said

Dont know what fantasy games he's been watching considering Pirlo was in Juventus and Ambro wasnt in the match squad.

Glad Gerrard is captain, because if by some miracle we win it, god forbid Terry lifting the cup.. Would have sparked some sort of Racism row in the media.

He's still one of our best CB's and a leader. Yes, he had a bad game against Liverpool however overall he deserves a place in the squad.

Terry always puts his head and body on the line (literally). He's a leader and we need as many as possible.

Are you basing this on footballing reasons or political grounds?

Bceause if it is footballing reasons, I dont see how Terry has done much wrong this season. In fact he has been extremely good as indicated by his performances vs the likes of Tottenham. Barring a few terrible performances which every footballer has in a season, his performance levels have not dropped

I can understand your reasons for not wanting him the starting 11... but he should definitely be going

Football, I've made this point repeatedly. He is only any good in a deep line, which then forces your midfield back. Jags is amlost as good at Terry's strengths while having none of his weaknesses, and forms a brilliant all round partnership with Lescott. You take Cahill and Jones, and you have 3 on form defenders in their prime, and a young versatile back up/

He's still one of our best CB's and a leader. Yes, he had a bad game against Liverpool however overall he deserves a place in the squad.
Massive weakness vs pace, we have several "leaders". and the liverpool game isn't what i based it on.

What is this obession with leaders? they aren't children. Its not leadership you need its communication.

Fine with the team, just the midfield that's wrong If I was to pick the team.

Milner for his work rate is a smart move as a squad player.
No idea why Downing's in the squad.
I hope the Ox gets a chance early on, he could be a key player (memories of Walcott's first big tournament).

Barry over Carrick is the main thing wrong with this midfield, Barry has the turning circle of a barge and hasn't got the range of passing Carrick has.