England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Football, I've made this point repeatedly. He is only any good in a deep line, which then forces your midfield back. Jags is amlost as good at Terry's strengths while having none of his weaknesses, and forms a brilliant all round partnership with Lescott. You take Cahill and Jones, and you have 3 on form defenders in their prime, and a young versatile back up/

Yes but as WFC mentioned above, Terry is a leader on the pitch. Experienced head on shoulders. Can marshall a defence as effectively as anyone. Perhaps Jags should be going but I don't see Terry's inclusion over him as that big a issue

Barry over Carrick is the main thing wrong with this midfield, Barry has the turning circle of an American aircraft carrier and hasn't got a range of passing.

Fixed.

Yes but as WFC mentioned above, Terry is a leader on the pitch. Experienced head on shoulders. Can marshall a defence as effectively as anyone. Perhaps Jags should be going but I don't see Terry's inclusion over him as that big a issue

Jags, Lescott, Hart, Parker, all communicators. Still doesn't change the fact he is not very agile, highly susceptible to pace, and means the team can only play one way.

Massive weakness vs pace, we have several "leaders". and the liverpool game isn't what i based it on.

But unfair of you to make that statement. Obviously he has his Achilles Heel versus Pace but if you pair him up with the right defender and he is a beast of a player.

Jags, Lescott, Hart, Parker, all communicators. Still doesn't change the fact he is not very agile, highly susceptible to pace, and means the team can only play one way.

I highly doubt with the players we currently have in the squad that we will be able to play more than one way lol

Wait. Carrick is not in the squad? I just dont understand a ****. The guy has been absolotely great. Go **** yoursfa kškhnh

But unfair of you to make that statement. Obviously he has his Achilles Heel versus Pace but if you pair him up with the right defender and he is a beast of a player.

Not unfair, and totally valid when you look at the forwards in our group. So you have to pair him up with the right player to attempt to cover his weakness, why not just pick a player with similar strengths and none of those weaknesses?

Massive weakness vs pace, we have several "leaders". and the liverpool game isn't what i based it on.

But forms a good partnership with Gary Cahill and all-round, a good defender.

And before 'Jagielka & Lescott' partnership thing- They might well be the two starting CB's, there is no gurantee Terry will make the starting 11.

And before 'Jagielka & Lescott' partnership thing- They might well be the two starting CB's, there is no gurantee Terry will make the starting 11.

You high bro?

Cahill is also susceptible to pace, though not as much as Terry, its why Chelsea have to play such a deep defensive line. Its not an all round partnership.

Jags hasnt even been picked. He's on standby -_-

Not unfair, and totally valid when you look at the forwards in our group. So you have to pair him up with the right player to attempt to cover his weakness, why not just pick a player with similar strengths and none of those weaknesses?

By pairing Terry with the right player you amplify his stengths to a very large degree... so much so that it will be very hard for the Opposition to score.

Yes the Lescott-Jags partnership did well but that was against Spain in a friendly match and that was only one match

Cahill is also susceptible to pace, though not as much as Terry, its why Chelsea have to play such a deep defensive line. Its not an all round partnership.

Jags hasnt even been picked. He's on standby -_-

So obviously thats what Hodgson is going with. Terry-Cahill partnership would be perfect considering that

By pairing Terry with the right player you amplify his stengths to a very large degree... so much so that it will be very hard for the Opposition to score.

Yes the Lescott-Jags partnership did well but that was against Spain in a friendly match and that was only one match

Several matches, and it wasnt just good they were excellent. Also they allow you to vary your approach.

Point is, why then be forced to find the right partner, when you can pick someone who has most of his strengths and none of his weaknesses? Jags is almost as good in the air (stats actually show he is slightly better) better on the ground, and considerably quicker. It's like picking Jones when you can pick Richards.

No carrick :( Also A.Johnson > Downing and Crouch > Carroll!

To be fair Carroll has gotten into a patch of form of late so I am not that ****** off about his selection. Downing is a different case altogether.

Mikes underlying point, which not all of you have gathered is:

It's widely accepted that we aren't going to get anywhere near winning this tournament. So why pick an ageing Terry, even without the bad smell of the racism court case and ******** team mates women that accompanies him at the minute? Why not pick players who are actually going to be at the next tournament? If Terry makes the World Cup squad in two years i might join the barmy army and follow English cricket full time, at least in that sport we have a progressive selection policy.

Several matches, and it wasnt just good they were excellent. Also they allow you to vary your approach.

Point is, why then be forced to find the right partner, when you can pick someone who has most of his strengths and none of his weaknesses? Jags is almost as good in the air (stats actually show he is slightly better) better on the ground, and considerably quicker. It's like picking Jones when you can pick Richards.

Fair enough, I have not seen the stats myself but if what your saying is true then I concede that Jags should be picked ahead of Terry

Back