England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Just want to say how disgusted I am with Fifa over this not being able to wear a poppy for England vs Scotland next week because it classes as a religious symbol. Absolute bollox that is, poppy is a symbol to act as a remembrance to the fallen including civilians who lost their life.
I'm happy to hear that the F.A. will be going ahead with wearing poppies on armbands anyway and will take any Fifa punishment that may come.

How the living F is the poppy 'political, religious or commercial?'

The governing body of the World game won't acknowledge a historically important World day?

You couldn't make this **** up if you tried. Wankers.

How the living F is the poppy 'political, religious or commercial?'

The governing body of the World game won't acknowledge a historically important World day?

You couldn't make this **** up if you tried. Wankers.

Couldn't agree more with you mate, poppies are an act of rememberance and a sign of respect. Nothing political about it.

It shouldn't be prohibited nor compulsory, depending on the players(') views/beliefs. Bit of an odd/bold move by Fifa though alright.

I think FIFA should get their own house in order, get rid of the corrupt pieces of **** from within, before coming out with this ****. I have 0 respect for FIFA right now and 0 trust for them to do the right thing in anything-because doing the right thing is alien to them.

FIFA are a lost cause and only one-ONE-thing matters to them. Bonuses, and how much they can be bought for.

Rant over.

Kane + Rooney + Sturridge + Vardy = 6 goals
England squad = Yes ??????

Austin + Antonio + Defoe + Deeney = 19 goals
England squad = No ??????

^ Don't you hate seeing little things like this? As if it's as black & white as that.

Defoe has had more than had his fair share of chances over the years, and would be a step backwards in my opinion despite the goals he can bring to the table. Deeney is just a no, decent player, but not near the level of the players that are selected. I don't know a whole pile about Antonio, with West Ham being one of the teams I've least seen over the past couple of seasons, but I've seen him play at wing back this season if I'm not mistaken??? Whatever he is, I'm sure he's not a striker, so shouldn't even be in the debate with the names here. Charlie Austin is about the only player that could have an argument.

As someone who is English but lives in Scotland please win England please I couldn't bear it if you didn't

This will get hate but, I would swap Sturridge out for Defoe without blinking. Rooney is more like a midfielder for now? So maybe Austin should be called.

THAT would be why you play Sturridge. The knack of finding space in small spaces and scoring a great goal like that to give England the lead that they scarcely deserve.

By far and away the best footballer, let alone striker, England possess. And in a team so bereft of top notch talent, you don't put one of the few you have to one side.

Conversely, that's a flashing example of why Utd fans are so dismayed when Rooney plays. By far and away the worst player on the pitch. Which against Scotland who are utter wank, is quite the impressive feet.

Utd still keeping him around is one thing. But England still picking him tells you all you need to know about their continuing f-ed situation.

Actually quite happy with Sturridge playing for England for once. Keeps his match fitness topped up and goals like that can aid his sharpness and confidence.

Agree with Scouse, Sturridge is by far England's best current striker. Kane puts in more of a shift but doesn't have the star quality Sturridge has.

^ Don't you stick up for Rooney half the time on the United thread, Scouse? :P

Your above post just comes across as an "our toys are better than your toys" piece. Not every post that contains some sort criticism of Liverpool or a Liverpool player has to be replied with a direct dig at United haha.

Sturridge is a talented footballer, no doubt, but again you're just blowing up a red; Firmino/Coutinho by far and away the best players in the league, Sturridge by far and away the best English player... but I understand, you're a red through & through, I see United players through devil tinted glasses too at times.

Sturridge is one of England's best players, but there are so many on par with him/similar level, stuck on that "very good" level, not world class, but very good. I said it before, not one world class English player, Rooney included.

This might throw up a bit of a debate, but I think Sterling is probably England's most talented player, at the very least on par with Sturridge. But of course has a lot still to add to his game.

Edit; not just saying this because he just found the net, but Lallana is bang up there too - he goes completely against the grain when you think of an English player, the lad will come out as an Argentine soon.

Last edited:
Agree with Scouse, Sturridge is by far England's best current striker. Kane puts in more of a shift but doesn't have the star quality Sturridge has.

He really is a top bracket footballer. Aside from being a terrific striker, his first touch and ability are up there with Suarez for me for a comparison between the two when they played together. (And deeply disliked each other but that's another story. They made it work on the pitch which is all that counted.).

He's still SO underrated not just Nationally but by L'pool fans who have this f-ed, and massively wrong, idea that he's lazy and doesn't care because he's not in your face working like a Danny Ings. But he never stops moving and working for the team. He's just more subtle about it. I seriously don't get the Sturridge dislike from L'pool fans.

That's the game. Another great header.

Sterling has probably been the best player on the night tbh. Lallana not too far behind. Sturridge, goal aside, hasn't actually great. Goal was the first good decision he made with his movement.
He's not in the top bracket, because outside of his pace and finishing, his decision making based on his runs is pretty awful.

Last edited:
Sterling has probably been the best player on the night tbh. Lallana not too far behind. Sturridge, goal aside, hasn't actually great. Goal was the first good decision he made with his movement.

If England would stop isolating him and got players supporting him more you'd see more of what Sturridge's movement should be bringing.

Terribly harsh on Scotland this.

He's not being isolated. The one time he stayed in the box, he was picked out. Occupy the defenders, do your job first.

Respectfully completely disagree with how you're looking at him.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, flares thrown at our goalkeeper, firecrackers exploding near Lewandowski and referee does nothing.

Does somebody have to get hurt or die before refs start paying attention? This **** should be end with automatic forfeit. I'll bet you anything that suddenly host countries would start managing their security a lot more effectively.

Back