England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Pickford should be England's #1 GK after this season. He won't but he should.

If that's true then Pickford might as well not bother as Forster's as inconsistently average as they come.

Really? Been one of the best in the league for the past few seasons. The only thing Pickford is better at is distribution. He's a decent goalie but you have to consider that Sunderland are a shot magnet.

Really? Been one of the best in the league for the past few seasons. The only thing Pickford is better at is distribution. He's a decent goalie but you have to consider that Sunderland are a shot magnet.

I wouldn't say Pickford was ready for the full International gig as of yet. He's shown fantastic promise but he's nowhere near experienced enough for that.

Just don't personally rate Forster at all. Butland should be the next in line IMHO. If he ever get's back healthy again.

If he plays, most definitely.

Another Giggs scenario between England and Wales. Completely different type of player as he doesn't have the same speed and I'm not sure what Ben's best position is being he's excelled in so many. But at this current age we're talking in the same bracket as the Giggs, McManaman's and Owens coming through. Special talents that you just know are natural born footballers destined for the very top as soon as you see them play.

In young Ben and his compadre Harry Wilson, who is an out and out winger, Wales (and more pertinently L'pool from a personal POV) have two terrific young talents on their hands.

Last edited:
England squad in full:
Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster, Joe Hart, Tom Heaton
Defenders: Ryan Bertrand, Gary Cahill, Nathaniel Clyne, Phil Jones, Michael Keane, Luke Shaw, Chris Smalling, John Stones, Kyle Walker
Midfielders: Dele Alli, Michail Antonio, Ross Barkley, Eric Dier, Adam Lallana, Jesse Lingard, Jake Livermore, Alex Oxlade Chamberlain, Nathan Redmond, Raheem Sterling, James Ward-Prowse
Forwards: Jermain Defoe, Jamie Vardy, Marcus Rashford

If this is the sort of squad we are taking to the world cup then I worry.

Did I imagine he played for England schoolboys?

I may be wrong but I thought it came down to England and Wales back then?
He did play for the England schoolboys but your eligibility for them is purely based on where you are going to school. Both his parents are Welsh as well, under a rule change that happened in 2009 he could have played for England but he had picked up a lot of Wales caps by then and had retired from international duty

No ****? Huh. Aint' that something. Honestly always thought he'd switched allegiance at youth level.

You learn something new every day. Ta.

Because I'm hot and bored .....

Heck that's an average International squad. Not hard to see why England are so far behind the major Nations.

DAqqOA2XgAEOjlj.jpg:large

Well. To put it bluntly. We were **** today. How did Scotland not take the 3 points?! We were woeful

Thank god for Harry Kane would never have heard the end of this if they had won with two late goals

Rashford taking corners certainly got the alarm bells ringing for me tbh

Back