England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Comparing Mikel; an anti footballer to Carrick is ridiculous. He's much closer to Pirlo or late career Scholes in terms of playing style, admittedly without quite so much class, but to compare him to Mikel, is pretty insulting.

How is Mikel an anti footballer? Carrick is not fit to clean Pirlo's boots!!!!

Bullshit, Mikel is a completely limited passing player to Carrick. Oh my good god I cannot believe you compared the two. Carrick is a regista, not a short simple passer. He excels in the long raking pass to the wingers, he is in the mould of (but not as good as) Xabi Alonso. The only english passer with a better range is Paul Scholes. And what do you mean if you need a passer? You always need a passer of the ball.

You do need a passer but like BlueHeart said Lampards passing range is senstional but you get more than just that from him. With Carrick you are limited. I used Mikel because he is the best passer of the ball at Chelsea, the one who keeps the game moving.

What's the point in having the range if your accuracy is poor???

Haha exactly. Isnt accuracy like the most important thing for a long range passer? Its a must. Gerrard is a good player, not a good passer. At least not better than Lampard.

and Mike., when you say 'England's best midfielder' please classify what type of midfielder, because he is not the best in EVERYTHING, you know.

How is Mikel an anti footballer? Carrick is not fit to clean Pirlo's boots!!!!

You do need a passer but like BlueHeart said Lampards passing range is senstional but you get more than just that from him. With Carrick you are limited. I used Mikel because he is the best passer of the ball at Chelsea, the one who keeps the game moving.

Carrick isn't limited he thumps both players on passing, possession, defensive positioning and ability. Carrick can control the whole tempo of the game, he makes everyone around him tick. He is much closer to Pirlo than Lampard is. Its why the Spanish absolutely laud him.

Christ this is exactly why England will get nowhere when we value box to box men like Lampard over Carrick. The international game is almost all about possession and tempo.

Haha exactly. Isnt accuracy like the most important thing for a long range passer? Its a must. Gerrard is a good player, not a good passer. At least not better than Lampard.

and Mike., when you say 'England's best midfielder' please classify what type of midfielder, because he is not the best in EVERYTHING, you know.

Central midfielder. The only thing he lacks is shooting, but then he is a regista.

To be honest I'm not sure why im debating with the same people who didnt even recognise Modric's worth for a year

Never said Lampard was regista. But his passing range is quite good, from simple short passes to long range passes. Gerrard's range? Please Mike.
Long Ball Accuracy per game
Carrick: 6
Gerrard 4.6 (though he has played very few games so this could inflate this figure)
Lampard: 2.6

so yeah carrick easily dominates and it's a travesty he isn't going

To be honest I'm not sure why im debating with the same people who didnt even recognise Modric's worth for a year

Luka Modric is 100 times better than Carrick, just look at the stats.

Central midfielder. The only thing he lacks is shooting, but then he is a regista.

When did he start to play as DLP, do you remember?

Haha, not true. I've rated Modric highly, at least for the last 2 seasons (maybe 3). I just once said that he wasnt worth 40m. But when there isnt another player like him (a good classy regista) available, I've accepted that 40m is a decent price. So again, not true.

I tried debating with people on twitter but they seemed to think of Carrick as someone who 'just passes sideways and backwards'. It was driving me crazy and then GC crazy when I told him :P

Long Ball Accuracy per game
Carrick: 6
Gerrard 4.6 (though he has played very few games so this could inflate this figure)
Lampard: 2.6

so yeah carrick easily dominates and it's a travesty he isn't going

he's better but wouldn't go that far.
Carrick has a higher pass completion rate but less succesful long balls per game. Carrick also makes more passes per game.

He isnt 100 times, but he is better. and I am looking the stats that's the point. Clearly you arent.

Carrick is more accurate at all ranges, plays more passes, and is superior defensively to Lampard. Its what makes him a vastly superior central mid. Lampard is effective an attacking mid coming from deep. the only point Lampard is superior is when you play him as the most advanced mid in a 4-3-3, which england dont play, and hodgson has never played

When did he start to play as DLP, do you remember?

Haha, not true. I've rated Modric highly, at least for the last 2 seasons (maybe 3). I just once said that he wasnt worth 40m. But when there isnt another player like him (a good classy regista) available, I've accepted that 40m is a decent price. So again, not true.

Who Carrick? he has always been one, since his Spurs days.
People have been very slow to notice in this country, everyone else on the continent knows what he is about.

2009, Barcelona made it their mission to tactically take him out the game, because thats how much of a threat they viewed him as. Believe it was Xavi who called him United's most dangerous player for final. So they set up a triangle round him and passed him out the game

Wait why are we comparing Carrick and Lampard? Are we going to do Gattuso and Pirlo too?

Carrick isn't limited he thumps both players on passing, possession, defensive positioning and ability. Carrick can control the whole tempo of the game, he makes everyone around him tick. He is much closer to Pirlo than Lampard is. Its why the Spanish absolutely laud him.

Christ this is exactly why England will get nowhere when we value box to box men like Lampard over Carrick. The international game is almost all about possession and tempo.

I never said Lamps is close to Pirlo in the first place, but if your comparing the two then Pirlo is light years infront of Carrick. Always has been and always will be.

Wait why are we comparing Carrick and Lampard? Are we going to do Gattuso and Pirlo too?

We are not comparing them role for role, we are stating that Lampard can do some of the stuff Carrick can do but offers more in other roles where as Carrick does not.

I never said Lamps is close to Pirlo in the first place, but if your comparing the two then Pirlo is light years infront of Carrick. Always has been and always will be.

No one compared him, but he is in the mould of Pirlo, that is his style, just not as good.

Back