England Thread

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 371K
TBF to Malta they seem to have really improved lately, beat Ukraine in a friendly held Italy to one goal and have had some tight games with good teams. However, they have to find some sort of attacking threat or else teams will take a chance and easily hold on

Looks like we could do with some lessons from the Luxemborg defense!

Saying that it doesnt help that France are lumbered with the French version of Roy Hodgson.

Shaky half but they grew into it. Rashford switching to the left added a little bit extra. Alli been threatening. Cahill with an almost calamitous error.

Nicely poised if the Slovaks come out with another quick start.

This is the Ox that most Arsenal fans would tell you they're not bothered about leaving.

Every good piece of play was followed by a frustrating piece

So I'm just flicking through channels and come across the summarising.

WTF was Ali thinking there? And you can't even put it down to the inexperience of youth being as he's pushing 200 club games and entering his fifth straight year as a regular starter. Complete bonehead.

This is the Ox that most Arsenal fans would tell you they're not bothered about leaving.

Those Arsenal fans have a stifling manager playing him through 8 different roles in what should have been his main development years.

Now he hasn't. If he's not leapt forward by the season's end to where his ability should be then he only has himself to blame.

From the very brief look the closing credits there, that looked ***** 'keeping from Hart (no surprise there), and a good web from Rashford.

Those Arsenal fans have a stifling manager playing him through 8 different roles in what should have been his main development years.

Now he hasn't. If he's not leapt forward by the season's end to where his ability should be then he only has himself to blame.

Wenger certainly has his flaws, but the one thing he wasnt is stifling

Why is Hart still no.1? He's ****** **** now and we have better in Butland/Pickford.

Why is Hart still no.1? He's ****** **** now and we have better in Butland/Pickford.
Probably because the manager wanted to give him a chance. Hopefully Butland will now be given a chance. I seriously think if he hadn't had that injury last season then he would be the England No1 and Hart would be watching a better player from the bench.

Loved this tweet from Utd youngster Indy Boonen. Telling it how it is. Fickle bunch. Booing a 19 year old kid because he made a mistake.

It's as if they're thinking "Ok, this lad's getting a little too good, let's give him the Beckham/Rooney/Walcott/Gerrard etc. treatment for every foot out of line"

booned.JPG

Liverpool and their supporters fell out of love with England years ago, now the rest of the country are catching up | Unibet UK

Boss article that totally sums up my, and many others feelings toward the National side. (And not just here. I know many Mancunians just down the road feel the same way and just aren't arsed about England.).

I guess you'd have to be Scouse and experience the rest of the Country's attitude toward you and your City over the years (and still, from many Neanderthals) to fully understand.

Definitely a lot in what Robbo says too about England being for the Southerners (all games Wembley games midweek), and all the little clubs you see dominating the crowd away. They don't get boss European trips. I and many others do. England offers up exactly nottin' to add to my football experience aside from never feeling part of the Country. And it would appear that a lot of other footie fans around the Nation are starting to be as non-plussed too.