England Thread

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 371K
Joe Hart MOTM. And the pitch invader provides some entertainment! England score in extra time Kane. Southgate celebration like he’s won the World Cup....

Southgate is a useless manager, as soon as we appointed him it was basically the FA saying we're appoint a yes man and screw England doing anything useful for another handful of years.

Doesn't matter who manages England tbh. They're simply not in the bracket of your Spain's, France's, Germany's, Brazil's & co.

England have talented individuals, but will never have the cohesion of those nations; they all play like a gelled club side. Too many managers have came & went for it to be every manager's fault...

Something needs to change behind the scenes. What that is, I don't know.

Doesn't matter who manages England tbh. They're simply not in the bracket of your Spain's, France's, Germany's, Brazil's & co.

England have talented individuals, but will never have the cohesion of those nations; they all play like a gelled club side. Too many managers have came & went for it to be every manager's fault...

Something needs to change behind the scenes. What that is, I don't know.

Tbh I still think a good manager would solve that and make England a decent team. Southgate has no pedigree whatsoever, ok could argue U21's but not really done anything other then that of note.

Newcastle United can get a Champions League winning manager at their club but England seem content with Southgate.

It's a pity.

Maybe, but who in their right mind wants it? Arguably the worst job in football. You're expected to win the Euro's, World Cup & X-Factor by the media/a fair chunk of patriotic/delusional fans with a group of talented, yet extremely overrated players.

Hype gets built because England walk through poor qualifying groups, then inevitably let down when they meet the big boys (or Iceland) at the finals. Honestly, I can write you a script. They'll qualify for Euro 2020 with a perfect/near perfect record, there'll be players like Harry Kane, Alli, Rashford etc. with great league campaigns and expected to fire them to success, to be then dumped in the K.O rounds (or worse, disastrous group).... then queue the media battering for weeks.

Just deja vu, yawn. Bores me how people get worked up about it

Would it be a good thing if more English players would be more adventurous and play in other leagues like Spain, Germany and Italy?

I think to an extent yes. But you also have to consider the fact the current side is predominantly filled with Spurs & City players, you'd have to go far to get better tactical education than Pep or Poch.

But perhaps it would help to play against more technical/tactically modern teams on a weekly basis.

I think to an extent yes. But you also have to consider the fact the current side is predominantly filled with Spurs & City players, you'd have to go far to get better tactical education than Pep or Poch.

But perhaps it would help to play against more technical/tactically modern teams on a weekly basis.

Not just tacticly. But leaving the BPL may give a player more peace. There is less media (you can read) about you, you will have a winter break, less matches in general and in my opinion most important is that you will be playing in a different environment. The experience you get from leaving your home is great for your development as an adult.

God, you go to watch the U-21 game and BT in their wisdom have frigging Stuart Peare doing the co-commentating.

Man, I hate that *****. He was a gutless. WAY overrated sh*thouse on the pitch and he's an even bigger gobsh*te since he hung it up.

God, you go to watch the U-21 game and BT in their wisdom have frigging Stuart Peare doing the co-commentating.

Man, I hate that *****. He was a gutless. WAY overrated sh*thouse on the pitch and he's an even bigger gobsh*te since he hung it up.
The product of the same recycling of yes men in punditry and management. Add Chris "Talks absolute *****" Waddle to that list.

The product of the same recycling of yes men in punditry and management. Add Chris "Talks absolute *****" Waddle to that list.
how can you tell he taking **** i have no clue what he say half the time tbh i dont think he does either

That City kid looks like he's going to be some player; Foden. Where's Angel?
Game over 4-2 now! Foden has been fantastic for 2 years now at all levels. Gomes was unlucky. Went into the tournament off an injury. Started a couple and been used as sub. McKenna will be happy as he’s regainined his fitness.

Edit 5-2 :) Foden with a second. What a team! Gomes on gets the armband

Last edited: