England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Good Lord that's a GRIM looking side.

DCOHUH4XcAA5zUr.jpg:large

3rd French team is probably as good as England n1 team lol, and even with worst team they're better than my country (SVK)

French golden age incoming, this is crazy how they might dominate in coming years.
View attachment 1119085

Until they actually pull together and start playing for Les Bleus outside of tournaments on home soil, along with replacing the antwacky dinosaur that is Deschamps with someone both tactically astute and who will allow them to play I wouldn't out any money on them winning anything.

And being the French FA is more f-ed than the English FA and is a REAL old school network, Deschamps is going nowhere fast and if he did his replacement would doubtless be an old retread.

Thoroughly deserved win fo Germany. England, bizarrely given their record at them not least against the Germans, played for pens and paid the ultimate price. Again.

Much more quality on show the U-17's and U-20's the Euro's and mini-WC respectively this summer than the U-21's.

Some people loved to talk **** about Rooney, even though he was one of the few brightest stars we had out of a bunch where some made next to no effort when the chips were down which was incredibly idiotic-and the press were guilty at times too (as we all know it's a favorite hobby of theirs to go out their way to destroy a player).

Yes, some of his performances weren't up to the standard we became accustomed to, but he still gave it his all. Though at times it got him into trouble. There were times I would watch an England match, and there were a couple of players who were worse. But as per the norm-it was Rooney who got the worst of the vitriol. More often than not, it was some England players who would panic, pass the ball to Rooney and expect him to do something and save their skin, then because he couldn't do anything straight away and miscontrol the ball as a result, he became the vocal punching bag. Doesn't matter how great a player you are-you can't carry ineptitude alone.

Like I said though, it was a team effort to play poorly, and Rooney had his moments too, no one is exempt. But unlike the quitters, he kept trying. He's been scoring goals since he was only 17 at Euro 2004 ffs. Became a huge inspiration for youngsters.

Personally I'm going to miss seeing him in an England shirt. But on the plus side time for some fresh blood to take his place-though I feel sorry for whoever that is-wouldn't want to be in their shoes as the pressure will be immense. All it takes is one mistake and they'll be pulling those knives out of their backs for weeks after. Will be interesting to see who the new scapegoat will be.

Thankyou Wayne for what you've done for us. There's times you've saved our blushes, and we're going to be worse off imo-you still had something to offer.

Last edited:
Wonder if someone nearby painted a wall would be more enjoying watching it dry than the rest of this game

I've switched it off and I'm watching old episodes of Top Gear instead. I could feel my will to live slowly ebbing away..........

If England don't win I'm just going to leave scotland for a month it will be easier that way

Rashford completely changed the game. Pace, willingness to take on and beat men, tried things.

Rashford completely changed the game. Pace, willingness to take on and beat men, tried things.

What a terrible indictment on England.

That someone, anyone, had to 'change the game' against Malta.

Back