England Thread

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 363K
About time he was dropped he should have gone last season. The big question is now who is the new number 1. With any luck the donkey Cahill will miss the cut as well ...... Better to use this world cup as a learning process for younger players, England won't win it so he has nothing to loose in going with the youth and build up squad spirit.

About time he was dropped he should have gone last season. The big question is now who is the new number 1. With any luck the donkey Cahill will miss the cut as well ...... Better to use this world cup as a learning process for younger players, England won't win it so he has nothing to loose in going with the youth and build up squad spirit.

Should be Pope on form. Mad that Southgate's not picked him for any friendly and then finally selects him the final 23.

I suspect it'll be the short-armed lad from Everton. (Little arms. Telling yer. Next time yer watch him and see him stretching you'll be thinking 'God yeah. He has!'). Another well overhyped, average fella like Butland just because he's young and English and they're desperate for a stud.

Wonder who will be the surprise selection. Usually one. Shelvey, Loftus, Chalobah, Sessegnon from Fulham?

Wouldn't say Loftus-Cheek would be a surprise selection. Probably been the best English CM based on form this season, and can play a host of positions. Also played well in an England shirt, MOTM vs. Germany. His place is pretty much guaranteed, imo.

Rest of them would be though.

Should be Pope on form. Mad that Southgate's not picked him for any friendly and then finally selects him the final 23.

I suspect it'll be the short-armed lad from Everton. (Little arms. Telling yer. Next time yer watch him and see him stretching you'll be thinking 'God yeah. He has!'). Another well overhyped, average fella like Butland just because he's young and English and they're desperate for a stud.
Hart is now apparently blaming Moyes for not playing him in the last 3 West Ham games as the reason why he has been dropped. Sour grapes there methinks!

TAA would be a surprise right?

19. First full season his club. Trained with the full National side between U-21 games the last round of friendlies but never been selected for a full side. Only bumped up the 21's this year.

As good as he's been for the majority of the year and as much as he's improved the longer it's gone on, that ticks every box for a 'surprise' WC inclusion surely?

Hart is now apparently blaming Moyes for not playing him in the last 3 West Ham games as the reason why he has been dropped. Sour grapes there methinks!

Don't know what happened to him. He looked real quality the first 3/4 years at City. Had that loan Birmingham then came back looking solid as under Mancini. Then he completely fell off a cliff. Just got worse and worse at City. Had a terrible time in Italy. And has looked as bad as any 'keeper the entire league at West Ham.

From brilliant to just completely gone and nothing.

Don't know what happened to him. He looked real quality the first 3/4 years at City. Had that loan Birmingham then came back looking solid as under Mancini. Then he completely fell off a cliff. Just got worse and worse at City. Had a terrible time in Italy. And has looked as bad as any 'keeper the entire league at West Ham.

From brilliant to just completely gone and nothing.
I think it was a failure to adapt, these days a GK can't really get away with just being a shot stopper in a top team you have to also be the first form of attack. That coupled with possible burnout after all he was under 18 when he made his professional debut at Shrewsbury and 21 when he made his Full England debut both very young for a keeper.

Not that you were making he point but many do so I'm running with it .....

I HATE that. 'He's a good shot-stopper.' It's the lamest and most ridiculous thing anyone ever said on a goalkeeper. EVER! That's their base job! WTF else is the point of a goalkeeper if it's not to stop shots and keep them out the goal? It's everything else that set's them apart and how you judge them. But shot-stopping is a staple for the position and always amuses the living P out of me when people reference that when talking about a 'keeper.

'He's a good shot-stopper like' ...... He ****** well better be being as he's a 'keeper and it's, like, HIS JOB!

Strange that West Ham does not try to keep Moyes. Lets be honest. He managed to play some decent football in that s***storm of owners. Finally Arno playing some good futty. But good Moyes for getting out of that place.

Hart was my cheap FPL GK on start. Biggest mistake ever...

Not that you were making he point but many do so I'm running with it .....

I HATE that. 'He's a good shot-stopper.' It's the lamest and most ridiculous thing anyone ever said on a goalkeeper. EVER! That's their base job! WTF else is the point of a goalkeeper if it's not to stop shots and keep them out the goal? It's everything else that set's them apart and how you judge them. But shot-stopping is a staple for the position and always amuses the living P out of me when people reference that when talking about a 'keeper.

'He's a good shot-stopper like' ...... He ****** well better be being as he's a 'keeper and it's, like, HIS JOB!
Exactly! It looks like he has forgotten that defence is the first point of attack, and that you need to marshal your defenders to save you from having to make a save, something all the top keepers do whilst also giving your attack a boost with your distribution. The last few seasons Hart has been failing to organise his defenders and provide an attacking element meaning he has become more and more reliant on his positioning (which to be fair wasn't brilliant at times) and his body.

In what respect? The whole squad is relatively inexperienced to be fair. I just wish Cahill had been dropped alongside Hart but that's just my view.

He or Maguire.

The lad Burnley (Although I wouldn't personally as I'd favour defenders that can play at International level, as solid as he is defensively) or the Newcastle captain, are far more deserving IMHO over the last season.

He or Maguire.

The lad Burnley (Although I wouldn't personally as I'd favour defenders that can play at International level, as solid as he is defensively) or the Newcastle captain, are far more deserving IMHO over the last season.

Ben Mee effect. Made Keane look good and now Tarkowski. Maguire is just a **** John Stones and that says alot. I guess if Southgates going to play 3 at the back he needs defenders who are decent on the ball, just dont ask them to defend lol.

Our CM options are terrible tbh! And I wasn’t saying Shelvey or Wilshere should of been selected.
Its not terrible as its good enough to see us out of the group and I'd rather Hendo and Dier protecting that shoddy back four against the big hitters. If anything our CB options are terrible as not one of them is comfortable with being asked to defend.

Its not terrible as its good enough to see us out of the group and I'd rather Hendo and Dier protecting that shoddy back four against the big hitters. If anything our CB options are terrible as not one of them is comfortable with being asked to defend.
Be lucky to scrape out the group with that CM and Back lot.