England Thread

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 362K
hard to tell, but I'm getting the slight impression your not keen on Kane? ;)

Meh, as good as anyone in that team to be captain I guess, this is the worst England squad on paper I've seen for a long time. But Kane is probably the best of the bunch.

Unless I've missed something, I don't recall Kane doing anything that is too detestable. Doesn't come across as a bad bloke in the interviews I've watched in the past. I remember him saying that he sworn on his daughters life that he touched the ball to score a certain goal. Bit needless, but he was awarded it in the end so can't really complain.

Unless I've missed something, I don't recall Kane doing anything that is too detestable. Doesn't come across as a bad bloke in the interviews I've watched in the past. I remember him saying that he sworn on his daughters life that he touched the ball to score a certain goal. Bit needless, but he was awarded it in the end so can't really complain.

Aside from him being a diving, lying ***** who's all 'me, me, ME!' you mean at the expense of the team in most every interview he gives?

If that's a 'leader' and the 'best of a bad bunch', then the other 22 want to hang it up and stay home.

ZERO leadership qualities. Who'd follow a guy lack that when the chips are down?

Aside from him being a diving, lying ***** who's all 'me, me, ME!' you mean at the expense of the team in most every interview he gives?

If that's a 'leader' and the 'best of a bad bunch', then the other 22 want to hang it up and stay home.

ZERO leadership qualities. Who'd follow a guy lack that when the chips are down?

I meant best player we probably have right now, not in terms of leadership. I don't think there is any standout leaders in that squad.

Whatever you think of him as a player/ however average a player you might think he is et all, there's no question that that's your leader right there. Someone who self-sacrifices everything for the team, putting them first. Someone who goes out of his way to create a terrific dressing room atmosphere and who just get's it. Took him a while to step out of Gerrard's massive shadow, but he's really come to the fore as a captain and true leader.

Massive apologies for linking this as I hate to give the Daily Third Reich any free publicity at all, but this is a super piece this week which is so open and honest. A great inside into the actual person. Something you rarely get when players sit down with journalists today.

Kiev calling: Jordan Henderson on dealing with pressure ahead of Champions League final | Daily Mail Online

I kind of get what your saying, but I think your being harsh on Kane. your making out like he's some outspoken massive ego prima donna who doesn't work hard for the team.

He has his flaws like everyone, but his goalscoring record speaks for itself and he is very much a team player. He's put the effort in and works hard.

We'll have to agree to disagree here, but I'm not making him out to be any more than what he is.

A 'me' first player/ character.

If you hate Kane so much I would never want to know how much anger is there must be towards worse players than him.

Jane is just as good of a choice as anyone tbh. Not that I’m overly fussed tbh. Don’t have any great expectations for England in the World Cup.

Where's Tarzan when you need him? All ToD can find is Jane!

Its a mixture of his race with a dash of his class and background thrown in. Considering its THAT tabloid rag that pushes its racist agenda every time I'm not really surprised.