England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
I never said Lamps is close to Pirlo in the first place, but if your comparing the two then Pirlo is light years infront of Carrick. Always has been and always will be.

Yeah but Lampard is a completely different type of player to Carrick though, whereas Carrick does roughly the same that Pirlo does, just not nearly as well. I'm pretty sure they're talking about playing style rather than ability.

We are not comparing them role for role, we are stating that Lampard can do some of the stuff Carrick can do but offers more in other roles where as Carrick does not.

Except he doesnt. The only place Lampard is superior is as the most advanced mid in 4-3-3, which England dont play, and Hodgson has never played.

Yeah but Lampard is a completely different type of player to Carrick though, whereas Carrick does roughly the same that Pirlo does, just not nearly as well. I'm pretty sure they're talking about playing style rather than ability.

They were trying to compare Lampards passing range to Carricks. Well first it was Mikel to Carrick

He isnt 100 times, but he is better. and I am looking the stats that's the point. Clearly you arent.

Carrick is more accurate at all ranges, plays more passes, and is superior defensively to Lampard. Its what makes him a vastly superior central mid. Lampard is effective an attacking mid coming from deep. the only point Lampard is superior is when you play him as the most advanced mid in a 4-3-3, which england dont play, and hodgson has never played

Key passes which is what they they are good at, Carrick averages 0.8 where as Modric averages 2.7, all other stats are quite close but that one.

We are not comparing them role for role, we are stating that Lampard can do some of the stuff Carrick can do but offers more in other roles where as Carrick does not.

Yeah but Guttoso can do some of the stuff Pirlo can do, like play simple possession retaining passes. The point is that everything Carrick offers (ie the stuff he does that's most important) Lampard can't do nearly as well. He's definitely come on in that role since the start of the season but there's no way you can compare them. Personally I would have taken Lampard and Carrick over Gerrard because then you've got a good attacking CM and a good supporting CM. Problem with Gerrard is that he doesn't do either role better than the other 2.

No one compared him, but he is in the mould of Pirlo, that is his style, just not as good.

Pirlo unlike Carrick has another side to his game, Carrick has 3 assists this season where as Pirlo has 13. Like i said Carrick is limited and it shows when things arn't going Utd's way.

Yeah but Guttoso can do some of the stuff Pirlo can do, like play simple possession retaining passes. The point is that everything Carrick offers (ie the stuff he does that's most important) Lampard can't do nearly as well. He's definitely come on in that role since the start of the season but there's no way you can compare them. Personally I would have taken Lampard and Carrick over Gerrard because then you've got a good attacking CM and a good supporting CM. Problem with Gerrard is that he doesn't do either role better than the other 2.

I agree with what your saying that they arn't similar i really do, my point is that Carrick only really plays one role well and it shows when things arn't going Utd's way.

They were trying to compare Lampards passing range to Carricks. Well first it was Mikel to Carrick

See, I don't like how Mikel was branded an anti footballer earlier because he does actually have a surprisingly good range. Lampard obviously doesn't have anywhere close to Carrick's range though.

Key passes which is what they they are good at, Carrick averages 0.8 where as Modric averages 2.7, all other stats are quite close but that one.
Because Modric is more rounded, and played higher up the pitch, and United attack through the flanks, so that is where Carrick aims

See, I don't like how Mikel was branded an anti footballer earlier because he does actually have a surprisingly good range. Lampard obviously doesn't have anywhere close to Carrick's range though.

And i used Mikel because as you say his range is brilliant and his pass% is sensational just like Carrick. Also like Carrick he is only really good for one role and when things arn't going Chelsea's way his performance is highlighted as a very poor one just like Carrick.

Because Modric is more rounded, and played higher up the pitch, and United attack through the flanks, so that is where Carrick aims

Like i said Modric can play more roles and Carrick is limited. A good limited i'll give you that but when the **** hits the fan you really do see it.

I agree with what your saying that they arn't similar i really do, my point is that Carrick only really plays one role well and it shows when things arn't going Utd's way.

Yeah but it's a role that's really really important atm in top level football and one that no one else in that squad can do. It's like saying for us that Mata can only go forward and that's shown in our defeats this season. It has, but he's the only one who's able to do a specific job so he's basically in the starting lineup automatically.

Pirlo unlike Carrick has another side to his game, Carrick has 3 assists this season where as Pirlo has 13. Like i said Carrick is limited and it shows when things arn't going Utd's way.
The fact you have brought that up shows you have no idea what Carrick does. Modric only has 4 therefore he's not worth £40mill herp derp

Who Carrick? he has always been one, since his Spurs days.
People have been very slow to notice in this country, everyone else on the continent knows what he is about.

2009, Barcelona made it their mission to tactically take him out the game, because thats how much of a threat they viewed him as. Believe it was Xavi who called him United's most dangerous player for final. So they set up a triangle round him and passed him out the game

I think in his first season at united he was more of a defensive midfielder? Am I wrong?

Carrick isnt limited, Pirlo takes set pieces. Carrick plays to the flanks, because that is where United attack, Pirlo plays through the middle. And United suffer most when Carrick isnt playing so that doesnt hold weight, at all.

Like Germany will take Gomez. Gomez is **** at everything but scoring. Can't dribble. Can't pass. Doesn't join up play, but because he's very good at one thing and there's a shortage of others that can do it, he will be in the starting line up.

If Hodgson plays a 4-2-3-1/4-4-2 I honestly only see Lampard sitting on the bench anyway.

Like Germany will take Gomez. Gomez is **** at everything but scoring. Can't dribble. Can't pass. Doesn't join up play, but because he's very good at one thing and there's a shortage of others that can do it, he will be in the starting line up.

He is the ultimate opportunist. He can sniff out even the smallest of opportunities and finish them. Type of player who will use his *** to push the ball in the goal as long as it is legal

Like i said Modric can play more roles and Carrick is limited. A good limited i'll give you that but when the **** hits the fan you really do see it.

This is nonsense, and doesnt stack up. How is attacking the flank limited? Its the teams tactical instructions to feed through the flanks. Limited doesnt even come into it.

They are both registas, one role. Modric is just better.

Back