England Thread

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 369K
I guess Ms Merkel can now stop worrying about the crowd at Wembley for the final as Germany aren't going to be there.

With France and Germany knocked out, you would have to think England are favourites for the Euros now…

There is Spain of course but they are all over the place.

With France and Germany knocked out, you would have to think England are favourites for the Euros now…

There is Spain of course but they are all over the place.
You've forgotten about the Italians they are still in it they may have scraped through against Austria but never discount them.

Probably a good time for Germany to reset with Joachim Low leaving.

Some good talent in Havertz, Sane, Kimmich, Musiala and Gnabry for the next manager to build around. And Werner I supoose whenever he figures out how to score again…

Italy always been my faves. There a bit like England tbh. Very good defence and team shape. But an absolute bore with the ball.

England will never have a better opportunity to win this. With France dumped out. They are just as good or even better than the rest.

Italy always been my faves. There a bit like England tbh. Very good defence and team shape. But an absolute bore with the ball.
It will be one of the boring teams that win, after all that's how Portugal managed it last time. Tornament football is not won by the flair teams (Brazil are usually the exceptions) it's the teams that are tight at the back and less adventous in the knockout phase that win.

Case in point, previous Euro we played to get 0 at the back and boot long balls to Lewandowski. Boring as **** but we allowed 1 goal in 5 games and only went out in pens against Portugal in the quarters.

This time we came to play hipster high pressing football and it was super entertaining to watch but we're out with last place in the group.

You've forgotten about the Italians they are still in it they may have scraped through against Austria but never discount them.
Like that Belgia is flying under the radar. They had bad injuries to KDB and Hazard but latest reports that they should get back fit.

Like that Belgia is flying under the radar. They had bad injuries to KDB and Hazard but latest reports that they should get back fit.
Belgium are definitely in with a chance but the Italians are up next for them and I can't see them getting a result against the Azzuri. If KDB and Hazard are 100% fit they have a chance but if they aren't at 100% the Italians will probably sneak through.

Has anyone else noticed the media are making a lot about the fact that Grealish was involved in both goals last night but hardly anything is being said about the other player involved in both goals. Luke Shaw provided the cross to Sterling after Grealish had to pass out wide, whilst Shaw also provided the pass to Grealish to make the cross for Kane's goal, he also created more chances than any other player in the squad despite not playing in the first game. Sterling is another who is going under the radar to a certain extent he has 3 goals to his name yet this fact has largely been ignored.

Has anyone else noticed the media are making a lot about the fact that Grealish was involved in both goals last night but hardly anything is being said about the other player involved in both goals. Luke Shaw provided the cross to Sterling after Grealish had to pass out wide, whilst Shaw also provided the pass to Grealish to make the cross for Kane's goal, he also created more chances than any other player in the squad despite not playing in the first game. Sterling is another who is going under the radar to a certain extent he has 3 goals to his name yet this fact has largely been ignored.
Meh, who gives a f. There'll always be media darlings. But Jack did have a good game.

This Euro’s gets madder and madder.

Long past trying to predict a winner now.

See how the English do now they finally have to travel.

Just rooting hard for the Danish feel-good story to continue rolling.

And Belgium the other side of the draw for all the Belgium lads I know. #keepbelgiumscouse

Last edited: