England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Didnt refused to be selected. Is still available if there is an injury crisis.

I doubt he will be selected even then.. Hogson made it clear he will not select Carrick if he does not want to be involved

I doubt he will be selected even then.. Hogson made it clear he will not select Carrick if he does not want to be involved

Hodgson said. "As it is, I'd have to be convinced he was better than the four I've selected, and that he'd be happy to come out of retirement, if he was to be considered."

"I wouldn't dream of putting Michael on a standby list after he has made it clear in the past he doesn't want to be involved like that'

Words from Hodgson himself. If Carrick does not want to be involved, then he should not be anywhere near consideration even if our whole midfield is injured

Hodgson said. "As it is, I'd have to be convinced he was better than the four I've selected, and that he'd be happy to come out of retirement, if he was to be considered."

Hodgson can hardly say Carrick is better than the four he selected after what Carrick did

"I wouldn't dream of putting Michael on a standby list after he has made it clear in the past he doesn't want to be involved like that'

Words from Hodgson himself. If Carrick does not want to be involved, then he should not be anywhere near consideration even if our whole midfield is injured

Well yes thats what my quote says, he wouldnt put him on standby, because he wouldnt want to be involved like that, he would put him in the squad if needed in extremis.

Hodgson can hardly say Carrick is better than the four he selected after what Carrick did
Carrick wanting to be first team makes him worse than the 4 he's selected? oO)

Christ, its nothing to do with what he did, he was talking about footballing ability. He wasnt convinced that he was better player than the 4 he picked.

That doesn't mean he doesnt want to be involved. He wants to be in team straight away and not in some standby list waiting to be called if someone gets injured.

Carrick wanting to be first team makes him worse than the 4 he's selected? oO)

No I never meant that.. All I said was that Hodsgon can hardly tell the Press Carrick is our best Midfielder and deserves to go ahead of the 4 he did select

That doesn't mean he doesnt want to be involved. He wants to be in team straight away and not in some standby list waiting to be called if someone gets injured.

Yeah I recall someone like Lampard wanting the same thing except he got crucified by everyone on here

Oh yeah you can argue the situations involving those two are incomparable but Lampard was certainly better than those who were getting selected in the Chelsea Team at that point in time

Might rename this thread to the 'Michael Carrick thread - Sponsored by Mike.'

In fairness, should have seen it coming under Hodgson. where is Ralf Rangnick when you need him?

Might rename this thread to the 'Michael Carrick thread - Sponsored by Mike.'

(H)

TBH, i just really fed up of England finding new ways to go backwards. Things like Jones instead of Richards, Downing instead of Johnson, sticking our best AM in centre mid.

Christ, its nothing to do with what he did, he was talking about footballing ability. He wasnt convinced that he was better player than the 4 he picked.

Lets just say for arguments sake that what you are saying is correct... I am confident Hodgson would have at least picked Carrick ahead of Henderson on the standby list. Yes I do think Hodgson has enough sense to know Carrick>Henderson

Either way, not making youself availiable for your country is wrong.. especially if the reason is that you think you should be first-team. Not sure how anyone can justify this

Lets just say for arguments sake that what you are saying is correct... I am confident Hodgson would have at least picked Carrick ahead of Henderson on the standby list. Yes I do think Hodgson has enough sense to know Carrick>Henderson

Either way, not making youself availiable for your country is wrong.. especially if the reason is that you think you should be first-team. Not sure how anyone can justify this

Well I already said he should have put his hand up, on the other hand i understand why he did after 3 years of bit part nonsense.

The real failing is not using a player like for for the last 3 years.

Anyways with or without Carrick, we are still ****... Anyways Carrick is 30, can see SAF working his magic and convincing Carrick to retire from International Football like he did with Vidic ;)

Well I already said he should have put his hand up, on the other hand i understand why he did after 3 years of bit part nonsense.

The real failing is not using a player like for for the last 3 years.

I agree with the last part but nothing can be done about that

Back