England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Honestly getting out of our group will be a good achievement, but of course the media won't publish it that way.
France have some very good players and seem united, unlike WC 2010. Could be outsiders to win the whole thing
Ukraine are the hosts so will be tough and have a couple decent players
We're **** against Sweden

Honestly getting out of our group will be a good achievement, but of course the media won't publish it that way.
France have some very good players and seem united, unlike WC 2010. Could be outsiders to win the whole thing

Looking at the squad on paper, we have one of the best apart frrom Spain/Germany/France/Italy/Holland (the top dogs).

Looking at the squad on paper, we have one of the best apart frrom Spain/Germany/France/Italy/Holland (the top dogs).

Maybe so. But it will depend on the team's tactical plan. How well do the players know it, and how effective will it be at international level? Most or all of the other teams by now have a cohesive team and plan and are used to it. Roy has very little time indeed with the players, and is focused on trying to make them rigid and well drilled, a completely different approach from that which Capello adopted. Whether he can get us as tight and well oiled as he would like in that time is in question.

You only need to look at the world cup performances of England, Italy and France to see how a lack of cohesion and/ or tactical plan can affect an otherwise strong group of players. I will of course get behind the country and I will not write us off, but the disappointing squad selection and the approach we seem to be adopting has left me feeling negative.

That is not good news at all! He would have proberly played that deep lying playmaker role so who else can do that????? Worrying news.

Sigh now it gets depressing, like I said before, Lampard is no Carrick, but he could have done a job there, now we really are struggling. If he is out this surely this must count as in extremis, therefore get on the phone to Carrick.

Sigh now it gets depressing, like I said before, Lampard is no Carrick, but he could have done a job there, now we really are struggling. If he is out this surely this must count as in extremis, therefore get on the phone to Carrick.

I believe he cannot, he can only pick from the back up list which leaves only Henderson. Carrick basically ruled himself out by saying he wouldn't be a bit part player but yes we do really need him if Lampard pulls out.

Oh for ****'s sake. Parker and Jones it is then, with Henderson backup. The preparation for this tournament just gets worse and worse.

I am not looking forward to watching Henderson and Parker pass sideways and run into people for 90mins..

Huge loss. I am incredibly bias but Lamps could have been key for us.

that's they key bit. In reality we're **** :)

Nope disagree, Hart one of the world's best goalkeepers. Ashley Cole best left back in the world. Terry and Cahill partnership practically played their part in winning the Champions League. Glen Johnson ...... should of been Micah Richards. Lampard is a Champions League winner and played a very key role for Chelsea in winning the trophy. Scott Parker can put a shift in for any team and is someone 100% commited. Wayne Rooney and Danny Welbeck was a key partnership for United and nearly won them the league. Theo has bags of pace and will be a challenge for anybody. Young on the other side has scored some very good goals for United and has improved his game a lot.

That is the possible best choice first eleven at the Euro's, how is that in reality a **** starting eleven?

To put it simple:

---------------Hart-------------

Johnson-----Cahill---Terry-----Cole

----------Lampard----Parker--------

Walcott----------Rooney------Young

--------------Welbeck-------------

How is that **** in reality? Just don't get the negativity of England fans, yes we have performed bad in the past but this squad has a slightly new look to it and if the players perform how they have done at club level we are a match for anyone. Not only that our defence should be pretty solid.

England have a tough game on their hands vs Belgium. Think that game would give a great indication of how England will fare at the Euro's.

Belgium have shitloads of quality. Realy suprised they did not make it to the Euro's

Hazard, De Bruyne, Lukaku, Witsel, Courtois, Fellaini, Vermalean, Kompany, Vertonghen, Van Buyten.... Should be a great match

England have a tough game on their hands vs Belgium. Think that game would give a great indication of how England will fare at the Euro's.

Belgium have shitloads of quality. Realy suprised they did not make it to the Euro's

Hazard, De Bruyne, Lukaku, Witsel, Courtois, Fellaini, Vermalean, Kompany, Vertonghen, Van Buyten.... Should be a great match

This game will mirror the France game, its why they were picked.

You missed Dembele :O god I love that player, would welcome him at United any day

Yeah, I agree, this time our group is harder than before. Even at the World Cup, we had one of the easiest groups, and somehow we managed not to finish top of that group! Also, looking back at the top scorer table, our top scorer (Steven Gerrard, etc.) had only 1 goal, whilst Germany had Thomas Muller on 5, Miroslav Klose on 4, Lukas Podolski on 2, etc.

We always seem to find a way to mess it up, to be optimistic about it!

That is not good news at all! He would have proberly played that deep lying playmaker role so who else can do that????? Worrying news.
I'm sure James Milner can do a decent job in that role, winning the ball and distributing it across the midfield. However, we really should get Paul Scholes back...he is a brilliant player, even for his age!

Yeah, it will be a brilliant match! I can't wait to watch it, Belgium seriously are the shock team left out of the Euros! In my opinion, on paper, they are one of the top 30/20 teams in the world!

​- PZW

Nope disagree, Hart one of the world's best goalkeepers. Ashley Cole best left back in the world. Terry and Cahill partnership practically played their part in winning the Champions League. Glen Johnson ...... should of been Micah Richards. Lampard is a Champions League winner and played a very key role for Chelsea in winning the trophy. Scott Parker can put a shift in for any team and is someone 100% commited. Wayne Rooney and Danny Welbeck was a key partnership for United and nearly won them the league. Theo has bags of pace and will be a challenge for anybody. Young on the other side has scored some very good goals for United and has improved his game a lot.

That is the possible best choice first eleven at the Euro's, how is that in reality a **** starting eleven?

To put it simple:

---------------Hart-------------

Johnson-----Cahill---Terry-----Cole

----------Lampard----Parker--------

Walcott----------Rooney------Young

--------------Welbeck-------------

How is that **** in reality? Just don't get the negativity of England fans, yes we have performed bad in the past but this squad has a slightly new look to it and if the players perform how they have done at club level we are a match for anyone. Not only that our defence should be pretty solid.
Once again I agree with you, on paper we have a fantastic team and should really be able to give anyone a game. However, in reality, for one reason for another (tired players, too much pressure, wrong tactics, choose your favourite) we don't perform as we should and it leaves everyone disappointed, especially after all the hype. I hope there's less hype so less pressure this summer so we may be pleasantly surprised. However I'm not getting my hopes up and still stand by saying getting out of our group will be a good achievement.

Once again I agree with you, on paper we have a fantastic team and should really be able to give anyone a game. However, in reality, for one reason for another (tired players, too much pressure, wrong tactics, choose your favourite) we don't perform as we should and it leaves everyone disappointed, especially after all the hype. I hope there's less hype so less pressure this summer so we may be pleasantly surprised. However I'm not getting my hopes up and still stand by saying getting out of our group will be a good achievement.

I think tiredness is an excuse, even Steven Gerrard admitted it is. It is the same for a lot of other players in other teams.

Not getting my hopes too high either but I am slightly optimistic (even if it is only till the France game) :P

Back