England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
I believe he cannot, he can only pick from the back up list which leaves only Henderson. Carrick basically ruled himself out by saying he wouldn't be a bit part player but yes we do really need him if Lampard pulls out.

If the injury is bad enough to keep him out, he can be called up as long as its before the first game as far as i know. Lampard is looking unlikely, so a call should be made.

FRANK LAMPARD IS OUT ACCORDING TO BBC SPORT

• 1752:​
    FOOTBALLEngland manager Roy Hodgson added: "Apart from it being a huge blow to me and the team, I'm especially disappointed for Frank himself.
    "He has been in very good form and was looking forward to the tournament.
    "He made a huge contribution towards us qualifying for the Euros so it is cruel to be forced out through injury just before the tournament."

• 1750:​
    FOOTBALLCommenting on Frank Lampard's Euro 2012 absence, England manager Roy Hodgson said:
    "It's a huge blow for the team, especially coming after the loss of another senior player in Gareth Barry.
    "The fact that the doctor cannot guarantee Frank could take part in any of the group matches means we have to replace him in the central midfield area.

England midfielder Frank Lampard has been ruled out of Euro 2012. More on site soon.
Sky Sports

with Lampard out do you reckon we'll have same midfield has against Norway?

Parker - Gerrard
Downing - Young - Walcott/ Milner

with Lampard out do you reckon we'll have same midfield has against Norway?

Parker - Gerrard
Downing - Young - Walcott/ Milner

Maybe should try out Ox in the middle. Did really well against Milan in CL in that position so worth a try at least if Carrick cant be called.

Or put Milner and Parker in middle. Gerrard was pretty poor in deep role.

What world? He's not even the best LB in the premiership...

Not the best LB in the world anymore but still a very good one as evidenced by his performance vs Bayern Munich in the CL Finals. Think he is around the same as Baines. Perhaps Baines edges him slightly in ability now

What world? He's not even the best LB in the premiership...

This. At one time maybe Cole was the best in the world, but this year Baines has been outstanding and must surely be close to being first choice.

Wait.. So who will play the Deep-Lying Playmaker role now? Or is Roy going to change formation

Not the best LB in the world anymore but still a very good one as evidenced by his performance vs Bayern Munich in the CL Finals. Think he is around the same as Baines. Perhaps Baines edges him slightly in ability now

Don't get me wrong he's not bad at all but at this moment in time surely you can't call him the best in the world...

@oja - Best LB ever? You're having a laugh...

Don't get me wrong he's not bad at all but at this moment in time surely you can't call him the best in the world...

@oja - Best LB ever? You're having a laugh...

Agreed. He is not the best LB in the world anymore. Not by a long shot

Cole is good, but for someone who has grown up watching Maldini... not best in world.

Hendersons got the call up. Roy Hodgson is really impressing me ;)

Maldini didn't play LB his whole career, from a pure LB it has to be Cole. Maldini was amazing though.

Still think Cole is underrated because hes still playing, when he retires he will get more recognition.

Back