England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Just because he ended up at CB doesn't mean he wasn't a better LB than Cole, which he was.

Maldini didn't play LB his whole career, from a pure LB it has to be Cole. Maldini was amazing though.

Still think Cole is underrated because hes still playing, when he retires he will get more recognition.

Maldini was pure LB who turned into CB when needed. As LB he was best at his time and maybe best ever and as CB he was amazing as well.

Cole doesnt have same effect on players as Maldini had. Zinadine and Ronaldo said they rather went through left than face Maldini.

This is Turning into Liverengland FC.:D

Amazing. Lets fill our team with players that finished 8th in the league. Good times.

I'm completely done with England for this tournament. Fed up of Roy trying to make it up to Liverpool fans by picking all their players.

To everyone who said 'I don't blame Carrick for not wanting to be on the back up list', this is what it has come to. If Carrick was there, he would be going, but no, we have to take someone who has spent a season looking completely out of depth at a mid-table club. If only Huddlestone or Cleverly hadn't spent most of the season injured. Would rather either of them over Henderson.

Maldini was pure LB who turned into CB when needed. As LB he was best at his time and maybe best ever and as CB he was amazing as well.

Cole doesnt have same effect on players as Maldini had. Zinadine and Ronaldo said they rather went through left than face Maldini.

Not to mention players like Roberto Carlos, Emlyn Hughes and Dennis Irwin, who, in my opinion, equal or better Cole.

I'd argue hes the greatest LB ever but it is a game of opinions.

I'd argue that your blue tinted glasses are clouding your judgement, in my opinion.

He is a very good full back though. Would place Lizarazu, Maldini and Roberto Carlos above him. (not in that order.)

Amazing. Lets fill our team with players that finished 8th in the league. Good times.

I'm completely done with England for this tournament. Fed up of Roy trying to make it up to Liverpool fans by picking all their players.

To everyone who said 'I don't blame Carrick for not wanting to be on the back up list', this is what it has come to. If Carrick was there, he would be going, but no, we have to take someone who has spent a season looking completely out of depth at a mid-table club. If only Huddlestone or Cleverly hadn't spent most of the season injured. Would rather either of them over Henderson.

Agreed on virtually all parts, although in fairness, its not like Carrick would have forseen the injuries, but I'd rather he'd have been on the standby list over Henderson for **** sure. Although IIRC he can still be named as the first game of the tournament hasnt been played.

Agreed on virtually all parts, although in fairness, its not like Carrick would have forseen the injuries, but I'd rather he'd have been on the standby list over Henderson for **** sure. Although IIRC he can still be named as the first game of the tournament hasnt been played.
Carrick could still go? Then surely this constitutes enough of an injury crisis for him to want to go?

Wouldn't be surprised if Woy didn't want him for ruling himself out.

I guess I was being hugely bias and wanted to give him too much credit whilst forgetting about past greats but I still think he's top 4/5.

Not that I want to backtrack too much after being shot down ;)

Wouldn't be surprised if Woy didn't want him for ruling himself out.

Which would be even more laughable than not putting him in the 23 originally. Almost as bad as picking Jones over Richards.

Which would be even more laughable than not putting him in the 23 originally. Almost as bad as picking Jones over Richards.

Or Carroll over Crouch, or Green over Forster, or Downing over anyone, or Barry over anyone, or Johnson over anyone.

Bit harsh on Jones, he is versatile and could be who we rely on to play the deep role with Parker, he can't play Gerrard there again surely.

Bit harsh on Jones, he is versatile and could be who we rely on to play the deep role with Parker, he can't play Gerrard there again surely.

Been out of form, and Richards is a superior right back, by some way.

Been out of form, and Richards is a superior right back, by some way.

Yeh Richards is a better right back I agree, but Jones could be someone we need especially now due to Barry and Lampard being out, I can't think of anyone better to partner Parker as a holding midfield player who is left in the squad. I think Richards was left out for Jones because Jones can play effectively three different positions. Johnson probably got picked over Richards because he is better going forward than Richards.

What world? He's not even the best LB in the premiership...

That's a matter of opinion not fact. The way he played towards the end of the season showed he is still the best.

This. At one time maybe Cole was the best in the world, but this year Baines has been outstanding and must surely be close to being first choice.

Baines should be more worried about Bertrand!!!!

Maldini didn't play LB his whole career, from a pure LB it has to be Cole. Maldini was amazing though.

Still think Cole is underrated because hes still playing, when he retires he will get more recognition.

Cole is underrated because of his off the field antics.

That's a matter of opinion not fact. The way he played towards the end of the season showed he is still the best.

Yeah, I mean, 3 games is almost a full season, surely he must be the best!

Back