England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Not true, he favours a 4-4-1-1. The difference is subtle, but important. Especially considering that with that lineup you posted using two strikers isn't feasible due to Young... well, not being a striker.

I did say in an earlier post it will be 4-4-1-1, just didn't type it that time for some reason.

Belgium: Mignolet, Guillaume Gillet, Simons, Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Hazard, Fellaini, Witsel, Mertens, Mirallas, Dembele. Subs: Renard, De Camargo, Pocognoli, Chadli, Benteke, Vossen, Lukaku, Odoi, Nainggolan, De Ceulaer, Defour.
Strong looking Belgian team (though without Kompany), will be a tough game for England.

Belgium: Mignolet, Guillaume Gillet, Simons, Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Hazard, Fellaini, Witsel, Mertens, Mirallas, Dembele. Subs: Renard, De Camargo, Pocognoli, Chadli, Benteke, Vossen, Lukaku, Odoi, Nainggolan, De Ceulaer, Defour.
Strong looking Belgian team (though without Kompany), will be a tough game for England.

I look at that team and I'm left wondering how they never qualified for the Euros. Kompany isn't playing but Vermaelen and Vertonghen with pass the ball around on the deck nicely. The bench has some vey good players on it too. Agree with you, going to be a tough game.

They will probably be in every Eurocup starting Euro 2016, since now it will be 24 teams. They will probably qualify for the World Cup as well.

I look at that team and I'm left wondering how they never qualified for the Euros. Kompany isn't playing but Vermaelen and Vertonghen with pass the ball around on the deck nicely. The bench has some vey good players on it too. Agree with you, going to be a tough game.

Same group with Germany and Turkey. They finished 3rd if I recall and only lost against Germany.

Well, anyone willing to take bets on us not qualifying from the group at this rate? ;)

Great finish by Welbeck, other than that we've been pretty ****. But so too have Belgium. Quite dull game tbf

Mertens and Hazard are awesome players. Really impressed by Belgium.

Welbeck looks tasty.

Belgium just need to find a couple of final passes and could be a very competent threat this match. England need to step it up.

yep both team pretty poor tbh belgium more possesion but pretty weak when attacking not created anything, good organisation from england.

Lacklustre is the best way to describe this performance, in my mind - would we expect anything else from Hodgson, however?

No why belgium not in euros now very poor in final third!!!!!!!!!

Exactly, not sure who is playing as FC for them. At times it seems to be Fellaini, at times Hazard. Too many players drifting around and no one staying central.

Exactly, not sure who is playing as FC for them. At times it seems to be Fellaini, at times Hazard. Too many players drifting around and no one staying central.
Yep trying to play like barca style it seems, hazard has been poor imo dembele most probably been there best player.

If they bring on Lukaku (and they do as I type this), I think he can improve their play in the final third.

If they bring on Lukaku (and they do as I type this), I think he can improve their play in the final third.
LOL. chelsea reject hope he gets game time this season or will be waste of tallent imo.

Back