England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Belgium have been better since Lukaku came on, putting a little pressure on the England defense although they have had less possession since.

Belgium have been better since Lukaku came on, putting a little pressure on the England defense although they have had less possession since.
Yeah has been more goal threat since, OMG henderson on now:S

same as Norway game, solid enough defensively (without being under much pressure) but pretty poor going forward

Belgium looked much better when Lukaku came on. He gave them that extra penetration which they lacked all through the first-half. Hazard-Lukaku-Fellaini combined well at times.

England defended deep with two banks of 4 and took their chances when it came. Good performance in my opinion. Hopefully Cahill and Gerrard are fit though

same as Norway game, solid enough defensively (without being under much pressure) but pretty poor going forward
Agree think it will be like this under hodgson may get better after more time in job and more games together, would happily go to euros beeing hard to beat not like that **** we watched against germany debacle.

Belgium looked much better when Lukaku came on. He gave them that extra penetration which they lacked all through the first-half. Hazard-Lukaku-Fellaini combined well at times.

England defended deep with two banks of 4 and took their chances when it came. Good performance in my opinion. Hopefully Cahill and Gerrard are fit though
Agree hazard was poor and lukaku gave them better penetration, was happy with england performance just need to keep ball better but that will come i think.

Agree hazard was poor and lukaku gave them better penetration, was happy with england performance just need to keep ball better but that will come i think.

Hazard was poor? In what world. He was the best Belgian player on the pitch

He was hardly poor but not great either. Did he even misplace a pass?

Dembele just oozes quality. Despite losing possession for the first goal, thought he was the best player on the pitch.

Dembele and Fellaini were the best Belgian players, err Fellaini was the best player in the match. Should have been motm.

Disagree dembele was imo, hazard could not do much against england defending deep but will have to get use to that playing in prem against lesser teams.

Dembele just oozes quality. Despite losing possession for the first goal, thought he was the best player on the pitch.
Yeah dembele looks quality be suprised if still at fulham next season!

Dembele and Fellaini were the best Belgian players, err Fellaini was the best player in the match. Should have been motm.

Dembele's mistake for England's goal puts a damper on things. Fellaini was good imo but to say Hazard was poor is not true. He moved the ball well and did well to set up the few chances Belgian had. Anyways considering how Belgian lacked end product and penetration despite their possession, Lukaku should have played from the start

Disagree dembele was imo, hazard could not do much against england defending deep but will have to get use to that playing in prem against lesser teams.

Think he will do much better with players like Mata around him. Could not do much but was hardly poor.

Dembele's mistake for England's goal puts a damper on things. Fellaini was good imo but to say Hazard was poor is not true. He moved the ball well and did well to set up the few chances Belgian had. Anyways considering how Belgian lacked end product and penetration despite their possession, Lukaku should have played from the start
Feel sorry for lukaku great tallent not played much could be wasted if does not get playing time did well when came on today tho.

Think he will do much better with players like Mata around him. Could not do much but was hardly poor.
Yep will play better with better players looking forward to watching him next seas, might take while to adjust but should be okay.

Cant remember him misplacing one either. What really hurt Belgium was their end product. Did not have much penetration in the first half especially when your relying on Fellaini to convert the chances and well Fellaini is playing as a midfielder.

And is it just me or did Mignolet kick every goal kick towards Fellaini

I didn't say anything about Hazard, just that he was not the best player as you said.

Yes Dembele was at fault for the goal but apart from that he was class. Kept beating players with ease and Fellaini just dominated the midfield.

And no Hazard was not poor. Far from it , actually it was good performance, I would put him as 3rd or 4th best Belgian player. Close between him and Mertens.

Back