England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Feel sorry for lukaku great tallent not played much could be wasted if does not get playing time did well when came on today tho.

He is only 19. Plenty of time ahead for him and he has improved a lot at Chelsea. Hardly wasted

I didn't say anything about Hazard, just that he was not the best player as you said.

Yes Dembele was at fault for the goal but apart from that he was class. Kept beating players with ease and Fellaini just dominated the midfield.

And no Hazard was not poor. Far from it , actually it was good performance, I would put him as 3rd or 4th best Belgian player. Close between him and Mertens.

Fair enough. Fellaini was great although he lost his disclipine for during that short period when he gave away 2 fouls in quick succession.

First time i seen mertens play looks like decent player whos he play for and how old?

Belgium lack top quality full-backs. Thats about the only area of the pitch where they lack true quality. Everywhere else they are packed with talent. Would be interesting too see if they can reach and do well in 2014 WC

PSV I think and he is 25. I understand it is a warm-up match and Hodgson was testing different players out before the tournament starts but given the same amount of time on the ball, a better team like France or Spain will trouble England a lot more

Belgium lack top quality full-backs. Thats about the only area of the pitch where they lack true quality. Everywhere else they are packed with talent. Would be interesting too see if they can reach and do well in 2014 WC

They even lack a good striker. Lukaku is very young and raw, they need someone better to compliment the midfield talent.

Wish some of you would take your Chelsea goggles off, it's embarrassing. Hazard was average at best, as he has been far too often for his national team. For a player of that market value, he should be delivering a bit more as the creative force of the team, although Mirallas and Maartens didn't do him any favours. Lukaku did nothing really either, but had little time. He did at least give them a focal point and allow Fellaini to get a bit more involved. He's a real handful but also decent on the ball, and he seems to get into some great positions in and around the box despite his less than inconspicuous hair do.

Dembele was the best player on the pitch by some distance. I didn't realise he was quite so strong, he broke up play and drove forward very well. Don't think the goal was entirely his fault either, the pass didn't give him many options, and he was punished by an excellent pass and finish.

Hazard was average at best, England were dogged and defended pretty well, disappointing with possession and did not create much when they did have it, although we arguably had the best chances.

Fellaini was motm closely followed by Dembele, for England I think Parker and Gerrard put a good shift in, not to mention Welbeck's finish.

PSV I think and he is 25. I understand it is a warm-up match and Hodgson was testing different players out before the tournament starts but given the same amount of time on the ball, a better team like France or Spain will trouble England a lot more
Oh right thought he was like 19 or 20

Maybe I'm the only one who think England did very well. Its about time England starts playing to their strengths. They can't keep the ball with the players they have (as good as other top teams), so it's better to defend deep and counter attack. Use the pace on wings to attack.

Wish some of you would take your Chelsea goggles off, it's embarrassing. Hazard was average at best, as he has been far too often for his national team. For a player of that market value, he should be delivering a bit more as the creative force of the team, although Mirallas and Maartens didn't do him any favours. Lukaku did nothing really either, but had little time. He did at least give them a focal point and allow Fellaini to get a bit more involved. He's a real handful but also decent on the ball, and he seems to get into some great positions in and around the box despite his less than inconspicuous hair do.

Dembele was the best player on the pitch by some distance. I didn't realise he was quite so strong, he broke up play and drove forward very well. Don't think the goal was entirely his fault either, the pass didn't give him many options, and he was punished by an excellent pass and finish.

Was retorting to the guy who said Hazard was poor. Might have gone overboard by calling him the best Belgian player on the pitcj but I thought he put in a good performance. Lukaku did well considering the short time he was on the pitch and he combined well with Hazard.

Had a good chance to put the game except for a block by Ashley Cole and made a great run which would have seen him through on goal except he was marginally offside.

They even lack a good striker. Lukaku is very young and raw, they need someone better to compliment the midfield talent.

Lukaku should be much better by 2014 if he gets regular game time which should happen for him one way or another next season.

Hazard was average at best, England were dogged and defended pretty well, disappointing with possession and did not create much when they did have it, although we arguably had the best chances.

Fellaini was motm closely followed by Dembele, for England I think Parker and Gerrard put a good shift in, not to mention Welbeck's finish.
Yeah welbeck finish was class, and gerrard and parker broke up play well.

Lukaku should be much better by 2014 if he gets regular game time which should happen for him one way or another next season.

But they need someone for qualifiers? What's the point if the dont even qualify.

Maybe I'm the only one who think England did very well. Its about time England starts playing to their strengths. They can't keep the ball with the players they have (as good as other top teams), so it's better to defend deep and counter attack. Use the pace on wings to attack.

Barely offered a counter attack threat. To do that you still need a consistent supply line, that didnt exist. Gerrard was non existent, but then he shouldnt be playing there. He is an AMC.

Fair enough.

On a separate note, I wonder if Hodgson will be forced to call up Ferdinand after all because both Terry and Cahill went off.

I was impressed by england after 2 games and under new manager least we look tight at the back not like at last world cup.

England look defensively compact for the most part and Welbeck and Young up front look decent as well but the control in midfield was quite non-existent. England could well cause a couple of upsets at the Euros but not sure if they can get away with a Parker-Gerrard combination in midfield throughout the tournament.

Game was pretty dull to be honest. Strong defending by England Belgium could not do much when they did have possesion. England has 3-4 good chances and put one away although a c ouple of their chances came off errors from the Belgium team

To be fair, Begium should have done better with the chances they did have. Vertonghen's header off Hazard's corner. Lukaku's blocked shot in the box. Fellaini set up by Hazard in the box although the angle was too tight and defenders were closing in.

With some luck, Belgium could have equalized.

Back