England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Was retorting to the guy who said Hazard was poor. Might have gone overboard by calling him the best Belgian player on the pitcj but I thought he put in a good performance. Lukaku did well considering the short time he was on the pitch and he combined well with Hazard.

Had a good chance to put the game except for a block by Ashley Cole and made a great run which would have seen him through on goal except he was marginally offside.

Although Lescott made a great saving challenge. Think he should have done better up against Cole too, Defoe had a similar chance and got his shot away, hitting the post. Lukaku isn't quite good enough yet, but it won't help that he hasn't played much football this season. If another forward comes in at Chelsea, I think he'll benefit more from a loan move

Fair enough.

On a separate note, I wonder if Hodgson will be forced to call up Ferdinand after all because both Terry and Cahill went off.

Terry was substituted to give Jaglieka a run out. Not because he was injured. Cahill looks to be fine, will still take a precautionary X-ray though

Barely offered a counter attack threat. To do that you still need a consistent supply line, that didnt exist. Gerrard was non existent, but then he shouldnt be playing there. He is an AMC.

Yeah, but there were few good attacks. I was pointing out that England should try to play like this in Euro. Defend deep to play to the CB strengths and also to cover CM weakness.

Terry was substituted to give Jaglieka a run out. Not because he was injured. Cahill looks to be fine, will still take a precautionary X-ray though

Just read this on the BBC:

Roy Hodgson after seeing England beat Belgium to make it two wins out of two since he took charge: "I'm very pleased. I used a lot of players and there was a lot of disruption in the second half with changes. But it's a very good end to the week against a good Belgian side. I'm more than happy that we came off with another win.
And on seeing Gary Cahill and John Terry pick up knocks at Wembley:"We've got another few injury concerns. Gary Cahill is slightly more of a concern because it's a jaw injury.
"We hope that the scan doesn't show any fracture and that he can still play in the tournament. John Terry felt his hamstring, it wasn't major but we still need to scan it to be 100% sure."

Hodgson calls Terry hamstring a "slight" worry. But says a "distinct possibility" that Cahill has fractured his jaw which would rule him out

Although Lescott made a great saving challenge. Think he should have done better up against Cole too, Defoe had a similar chance and got his shot away, hitting the post. Lukaku isn't quite good enough yet, but it won't help that he hasn't played much football this season. If another forward comes in at Chelsea, I think he'll benefit more from a loan move

Do not think another forward is coming in. We look set to get Hulk who can play centre-forward if things go awry with Torres. But Lukaku will get game time next season, probably on loan.

I think he could have done better against Cole but they were quite a few bodies around him and Cole did well to block the shot

Did not say he was wasted said he could be needs to go out on loan or get some regular football.

Although you did call him a 'Chelsea Reject' which is just as idiotic. Unsure how he is a reject, as he is still at the club, and only 19. When you have Drogba and Torres ahead of you, as a 19 year old, you won't get much time, and Chelsea did look to loan him to Stoke at the start of the season, but were unable to as he had been registered by two teams already. I imagine he will go out on loan this season, unless he is reserved for back up to Torres (if Hulk doesn't sign).

Did not know Terry was injured lol. Still think he will make it. Surprised about Cahill because on twitter it says he will take a precautionary X-ray which sounds like he is fine but the England Camp are taking no chances

God hope they are fine should be did not look that serious but you never no, then who would replace them i suppose jags and lescott.

Yeah, but there were few good attacks. I was pointing out that England should try to play like this in Euro. Defend deep to play to the CB strengths and also to cover CM weakness.

But their best chance came off mistakes by the Belgium team though. If Gerrard is injured, is that enough to to call up Carrick. Because right now we are looking at a Henderson-Parker midfied

Yeah quite "old" already. Had amazing season 21 goals and 14 assists.

To be fair, the Dutch League is notorious for players who have had fantastic seasons with great numbers only to flop elsewhere

Did not know Terry was injured lol. Still think he will make it. Surprised about Cahill because on twitter it says he will take a precautionary X-ray which sounds like he is fine but the England Camp are taking no chances

Yeah Terry will make it. I have no doubt about it. Roy was hoping there wont be any fracture for Cahill. Hopefully he will make it.

England players dropping like flies though. At this rate left out team will be stronger than the selected squad lol.

Yeah Terry will make it. I have no doubt about it. Roy was hoping there wont be any fracture for Cahill. Hopefully he will make it.

England players dropping like flies though. At this rate left out team will be stronger than the selected squad lol.

Whats the probability you have three England players go out injured in the same match lol. Although Terry looked fine to me so he should make it and Cahill as well.

But their best chance came off mistakes by the Belgium team though. If Gerrard is injured, is that enough to to call up Carrick. Because right now we are looking at a Henderson-Parker midfied

I would say they forced the mistake. Or if they didn't score who knows they would have attacked with intent later?

Tbh I was just pointing out England's chances are better with defending deep as they dont have quality to match pass for pass against big teams. To an extent they made Belgium look like Spain with their inability to retain possession.

Although you did call him a 'Chelsea Reject' which is just as idiotic. Unsure how he is a reject, as he is still at the club, and only 19. When you have Drogba and Torres ahead of you, as a 19 year old, you won't get much time, and Chelsea did look to loan him to Stoke at the start of the season, but were unable to as he had been registered by two teams already. I imagine he will go out on loan this season, unless he is reserved for back up to Torres (if Hulk doesn't sign).
Hope he does get game time needs it, last season i would have played him more with torres poor form but give credit tto torres did not let head drop and turned it round ( chelsea reject thing was just in jest but he has admitted at been frustrated at not playing more.

Whats the probability you have three England players go out injured in the same match lol. Although Terry looked fine to me so he should make it and Cahill as well.

Roy is confident on Terry but not so on Cahill.

Cahill is slightly more of a concern because it's a jaw injury.

"We're desperately hoping the CT scan doesn't show any fracture and it's just bruising; which would be bad enough but wouldn't stop him taking part in the tournament.

"As for John he just felt his hamstring a little bit. Again, it wasn't a major thing but we still need to scan it to be 100 per cent sure."

I would say they forced the mistake. Or if they didn't score who knows they would have attacked with intent later?

Tbh I was just pointing out England's chances are better with defending deep as they dont have quality to match pass for pass against big teams. To an extent they made Belgium look like Spain with their inability to retain possession.

Even if it does suit this current team going to the Euro's which I do not think is true, it suits Terry and Cahill playing deep because they are so slow and people will get behind them with a higher defensive line. But players like Jagielka and Lescott could play with a higher defensive line and it does not really suit us playing with so little of the ball when we have the likes of Gerrard and Parker in the middle. Is there really any advantage of this negative system for the future of English football, I would of preferred to see someone like Roberto Martinez come in rather than see England play like this, obviously Alcaraz will want us to continue to play like this because it is how Chelsea's aged squad won the Champions League.

To be fair, the Dutch League is notorious for players who have had fantastic seasons with great numbers only to flop elsewhere

Was kind of waiting for this reply from someone :D Same reply just keeps popping up everytime someone says player has good season in Dutch League.

Back