England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Was kind of waiting for this reply from someone :D Same reply just keeps popping up everytime someone says player has good season in Dutch League.

Its true lol. Lots of plays rake in phenomenal numbers in the Dutch League but do not do as well elsewhere. Obviously there are exceptions such as Ibrahimovic, Van Nistlerooy etcc and to a certain extent Suarez

Its true lol. Lots of plays rake in phenomenal numbers in the Dutch League but do not do as well elsewhere. Obviously there are exceptions such as Ibrahimovic, Van Nistlerooy etcc and to a certain extent Suarez

Not to forget a certain RVP and Huntelaar.

And Hyypiä, Vermaelen for defensive players. But for one Mertens isn't build for Premier League or Serie A. Could do well in France or Spain and maybe in Bundesliga.

Even if it does suit this current team going to the Euro's which I do not think is true, it suits Terry and Cahill playing deep because they are so slow and people will get behind them with a higher defensive line. But players like Jagielka and Lescott could play with a higher defensive line and it does not really suit us playing with so little of the ball when we have the likes of Gerrard and Parker in the middle. Is there really any advantage of this negative system for the future of English football, I would of preferred to see someone like Roberto Martinez come in rather than see England play like this, obviously Alcaraz will want us to continue to play like this because it is how Chelsea's aged squad won the Champions League.

yes and then you will see us get massacred and then you will be complaining about that. Most Fans prefer a win. Also I dont know why you call Chelsea's squad ageing but thats a story for another day.

Plus I do not want them to play like this just because Chelsea won the CL. Its blindingly obvious to others like Sunil that this is the the best system for England to play if they want to do well. Dont see how this affects the future negatively at all. Much better than playing Roberto Martinez style football with a squad completely unsuited to it only to get beaten.. badly by other teams

Are you AVB in disguise by any chance?

Still we did not create many chances on the counter. Thats something that needs to be looked at

yes and then you will see us get massacred and then you will be complaining about that. Most Fans prefer a win. Also I dont know why you call Chelsea's squad ageing but thats a story for another day.

Plus I do not want them to play like this just because Chelsea won the CL. Its blindingly obvious to others like Sunil that this is the the best system for England to play if they want to do well. Dont see how this affects the future negatively at all. Much better than playing Roberto Martinez style football with a squad completely unsuited to it only to get beaten.. badly by other teams

Are you AVB in disguise by any chance?

If them Wigan players can produce football like that and Swansea can as well, then our team can (not our old dogs like Terry), not to mention the talent coming through, Ox, Barkley, Rodwell, Welbeck, Caulker, Wilshere, to name just a few. Also Rodgers will get Gerrard playing in a fluid system.

RVP wasn't that freescoring player in Dutch League to be honest. Mainly because he played as winger.

The point was about dutch players who do not produce elsewhere, RVP certainly blown that myth out the window. Not to forget a certain Huntelaar.

The point was about dutch players who do not produce elsewhere, RVP certainly blown that myth out the window. Not to forget a certain Huntelaar.

I think best player to prove a point is Ruud.

If them Wigan players can produce football like that and Swansea can as well, then our team can (not our old dogs like Terry), not to mention the talent coming through, Ox, Barkley, Rodwell, Welbeck, Caulker, Wilshere, to name just a few. Also Rodgers will get Gerrard playing in a fluid system.

Wigan produce that football and achieve what exactly? If we had all those players you mentioned in the squad then I will whole-heartedly support your proposal to play good football but since we have old dogs like Terry then we are better served with this system

**** but even if you are so intent on playing good football. Get players like Jones and Lampard out and bring in players like Sturridge, Carrick and Richards.

As for Gary Cahill not being suited to a high line...Zonal Marking- Gary Cahill suits Chelsea both tactically and statistically. I will let Michale *** answer that for you

Dutch players certainly producing atm against N. Ireland. RVP on fire and has amazing link up play with Afellay. Not to forget Robben and Sneijder.

Still today was another victory for reactive football over possession football as has been the case in Champions League, Europa League, La Liga, Bundesliga etc. this season

Wigan produce that football and achieve what exactly? If we had all those players you mentioned in the squad then I will whole-heartedly support your proposal to play good football but since we have old dogs like Terry then we are better served with this system

**** but even if you are so intent on playing good football. Get players like Jones and Lampard out and bring in players like Sturridge, Carrick and Richards.

As for Gary Cahill not being suited to a high line...Zonal Marking- Gary Cahill suits Chelsea both tactically and statistically. I will let Michale *** answer that for you

To be fair I was a tad harsh on Cahill, he is not that slow but he is still not one of the best options for the type of football I am talking about if England did play it. I know the squad we have chosen for the Euro's is not an ideal one for it, but at the end of the day I would never of chose this exact same squad anyway so it kinda makes no sense to relate them to a fluid system.

To be fair I was a tad harsh on Cahill, he is not that slow but he is still not one of the best options for the type of football I am talking about if England did play it. I know the squad we have chosen for the Euro's is not an ideal one for it, but at the end of the day I would never of chose this exact same squad anyway so it kinda makes no sense to relate them to a fluid system.

Exactly. If you want to play a fluid system then a different squad should have been picked. But since we have picked this squad, we might as well implement tactics that suits them instead of implenting tactics that suits a different group of players altogether. I dont see how it will harm England's future in any possible way. We might actually have a good showing

Exactly. If you want to play a fluid system then a different squad should have been picked. But since we have picked this squad, we might as well implement tactics that suits them instead of implenting tactics that suits a different group of players altogether. I dont see how it will harm England's future in any possible way. We might actually have a good showing

Half agreed. Agree that you can certainly play a a more progressive system with the English players available, simply because you can actually place them in a 4-2-3-1, and each one would not only play their natural position, but their natural game,; get that so click.

Disagree that it wont harm us , because this is the kind of system that he will try to imprint on future England players (part of his remit is to guide clubs on how English players should play). That worries me a lot. Ralf Rangnick has just become West Brom manager, that is who England should have approached.

Half agreed. Agree that you can certainly play a a more progressive system with the English players available, simply because you can actually place them in a 4-2-3-1, and each one would not only play their natural position, but their natural game,; get that so click.

Disagree that it wont harm us , because this is the kind of system that he will try to imprint on future England players (part of his remit is to guide clubs on how English players should play). That worries me a lot. Ralf Rangnick has just become West Brom manager, that is who England should have approached.

**** I'd prefer to have Martinez over Roy, just do not like the negativity of his system and not to mention if you go a goal down you are pretty much having to change the whole system completely.

He did is at Liverpool and it is the reason why he went very quickly..

He is so negative in all of his tactics.. he plays defensive, hard to break down and try to counter

Belgium dominated the game Possession, shots ETC .. i know we won 1-0 but against a side that didnt even qualify for the Euro's we have 1 shot on target all game?

He did is at Liverpool and it is the reason why he went very quickly..

He is so negative in all of his tactics.. he plays defensive, hard to break down and try to counter

Belgium dominated the game Possession, shots ETC .. i know we won 1-0 but against a side that didnt even qualify for the Euro's we have 1 shot on target all game?

Whats annoyed me is that with West Brom, and with Fulham, he had a happy medium. But with England he seems to have taken up a default position of almost contain. Hoping this will evolve into a Fulhamesque set-up at some point.

I am struggling to see how Hodgson intends to play with his 4-2-3-1/4-4-2

Firstly with the Gerrard-Parker double pivot in the centre. Parker fulfills the role of a destroyer but Gerrard is certainly not the 'passer' the double pivot requires. The ideal player for this role was obviously Carrick and to a certain extent Lampard. Gerrard should be pushed up to AMC and be given a free role behind someone like Rooney where he can create and score goals instead of simply distributing the ball to the forwards

Personally I would like to see Carrick played beside Parker. Rooney in a free role behind Welbeck. Young and Ox on the wings. Thats a well-balanced and very good side in my opinion. When Rooney is suspended use Gerrard in the AMC role instead instead of putting a square peg in a round hole by playing him in a double pivot

Back