England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Someone who was warming bench in his club should not be getting good experience in a esteemed international tournament.Richards should have been there or ferdinand who played brilliantly whole season after vidic was out.I am all for giving experience to youngsters but keep that for the friendlies.

Richards refused to be on the stand-by list so he is a different matter.

I know they're only playing Estonia, but if RIbery and Benzema link up like they are tonight, we're gonna get destroyed.

You can never take friendlies seriously, they went 2-0 down to Iceland the other week.

But yeah, they will pose a challenge.

On the Frank Ribery before the Iceland friendly last week he's last goal for France was in April 2009. He has now scored 3 in his last 3 games.

Never been so pessimistic about our chances. It's one facepalm after another with England. This tournament could turn out to be an absolute embarrassment, and I'm just hoping we learn from it.

Never been so pessimistic about our chances. It's one facepalm after another with England. This tournament could turn out to be an absolute embarrassment, and I'm just hoping we learn from it.

LOL. We wont, we never have.

LOL. We wont, we never have.

England fans believe in faith,luck and the football gods to see England through, lol
Im a glutten for punishment and disappointment, but we still go on dreaming of that successful campaign to win a trophy like in 66.
Welcome to the addicted. :-)

Funny. I'm feeling a vague sense of optimism. Mostly because with each setback, and each new piece of bad news, expectations get lowered a little bit more. Now, unless we totally and utterly fail and don't even get a point, the Euros can at very least go with what I expected. Anything more is a bonus.

Did anyone see SSN's little clip on training earlier, yikes. Baines was putting in crosses and 3 landed at Carroll's feet about 8 yards out and he did not connect properly once. #cringeworthy lol.

Did anyone see SSN's little clip on training earlier, yikes. Baines was putting in crosses and 3 landed at Carroll's feet about 8 yards out and he did not connect properly once. #cringeworthy lol.
Welbeck showed him how it was done ;)

He definitely did lol, how bad was it thought seriously. Fair play if you do it once but 3 times!

Carroll is so poor technically it is unreal, he needs to work on that, no way he should be starting ahead of Welbeck though, the French Centre-Backs are very slow (Rami-Mexes).

Carroll is so poor technically it is unreal, he needs to work on that, no way he should be starting ahead of Welbeck though, the French Centre-Backs are very slow (Rami-Mexes).
I think there is an argument to go with both if Roy wants to play a 4-4-2.

Hart
Johnson Lescott Terry Cole
Milner Parker Gerrard Young
Carroll Welbeck

That way you also have Walcott and AOC as impact subs.

Funny. I'm feeling a vague sense of optimism. Mostly because with each setback, and each new piece of bad news, expectations get lowered a little bit more. Now, unless we totally and utterly fail and don't even get a point, the Euros can at very least go with what I expected. Anything more is a bonus.

Bit like how a lot of us felt about the Champions League and look how that worked out!

Imo the best English Centre-Back partnership we have including everyone not just the people selected for this Euro's is Jagielka and Lescott, unfortunately though we all know Terry will play over one of them, which is hugely disappointing to say the least.

Well, credit where credit is due to Hodgson, didn't think he would have the balls to play the Ox but he did and thought he impressed. That lad has a bright future ahead of him. Think that game could have done with Carroll at one point to hold the ball up a bit longer for the rest of the pace in the team, should have been him over Defoe coming on but all in all a good result against the best team in our group.

France will feel hard done by, but we had the next best chance in the game with Milner's effort.

Think some credit should be given to Steven Gerrard. Many doubted his ability to operate as a central midfielder without becoming lapsing in tactical discipline. He was sensible, collective and distributed the ball well, namely in the through pass. Yes, we could argue that his positioning on Nasri's equaliser was poor, but overall, he put in a decent shift and, alongside Parker, looked like he could do well there if we still do not have a competent enough player to slot in alongside Scotty.

However I do agree with the notion that he still should be playing in-behind Ashley Young. Young had a quiet game overall, particularly in the second half when he fizzled out. Lack of service is one of the concerning factors, but generally not inducing enough of the play was what generally summed up his performance. Could have been better out on the left and used his pace to challenge the swashbuckling Mathieu Debuchy.

Overall I was happy with Gerrard's performance, put in a good shift.

Until Wednesday England Home shirt is £20 and England away shirt is £15. Stock on away shirt seems to be very limited, I'm hoping they will have more stock tomorrow. Thought I'd post it incase anyone is interested.

Back