England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Jags, JT, Lescott thats it. Kelly hasn't played and we all know how good Jones is as a CB.

So what does Kelly brings that Jones and Johnson can't?

Jones made his name as a centre back being called the next JT, he can most definitely play there.

Well I'm dropping off from this before some retarded **** comes up with "Why do even non English are bothered about England" ****.

I posted first as I wanted to know GC's opinion of who is the best English CB in ManUtd.

Just find it funny when people try to defend this as footballing reason when it is so clearly it isn't.

Hopefully Jags and Lescott starts as CB as they deserve it.

Like many Non England fans, I dont mind Rio getting dropped as it means he will be fit and fresh for us.

You clearly have nothing to retort to the arguments posted by those who do not agree with your opinion along with zzeezy. But again this is your opinion so fair enough

So the only opinion people should have on Ferdinand is a good one then yer? Absolute joke, he was either left out for footballing reasons, because Roy is racist (which is not the truth) or because Roy believes JT is innocent. Take your pick.
Those just clearly aren't the only three options.
What seems most likely, to me, is that he doesn't have a clue what happened as he wasn't there and he realises his feeling on who's telling the truth is immaterial. He picked Terry over Ferdinand for footballing reasons but due to the bad blood between them he can't really include Rio now even over Kelly because it would jeopardize the team spirit. Therefore his complete exclusion from the team at this point is not due to footballing reasons, in my opinion.

Jones made his name as a centre back being called the next JT, he can most definitely play there.
He was truly awful there at times towards the end of the season for us. Great young player but at the moment he's something of a liability at centre back.

Those just clearly aren't the only three options.
What seems most likely, to me, is that he doesn't have a clue what happened as he wasn't there and he realises his feeling on who's telling the truth is immaterial. He picked Terry over Ferdinand for footballing reasons but due to the bad blood between them he can't really include Rio now even over Kelly because it would jeopardize the team spirit. Therefore his complete exclusion from the team at this point is not due to footballing reasons, in my opinion.

Well if he was about 10 years younger and could play anywhere across the back 4 like Kelly and not so injury-prone. I would have completely agreed with you

You clearly have nothing to retort to the arguments posted by those who do not agree with your opinion along with zzeezy. But again this is your opinion so fair enough

The ****?

OK tell me what Kelly brings to the squad that Jones can't?

It's just that your arguments are weak and pathetic when you came up with Kelly can play as sweeper when he didn't even play as CB once. Just any excuses. He can, but till date he didn't play in the senior team.

And you come up with Rio is injury prone, but this season Kelly and to an extent Terry were injured more than Rio and not to forget Gerrard who only made handful of appearances.

Then silly argument of he can't play 3 games in 8 days, which is gobshit. Even Roy said this was not the reason and for some reason some are acting thick and ignoring Roy's words. He even played 3 games in 8 days whereas Kelly didn't.

You wan't versatility? You have Jones.
What you need his player who can play against top teams, for that you need top players not someone who has never played as CB. Not to forget Rio was the best CB and played important role in the second best defensive team. What footballing reason was Roy talking about?

It can't be more obvious.

Well if he was about 10 years younger and could play anywhere across the back 4 like Kelly and not so injury-prone. I would have completely agreed with you
I think Kelly's versatility is being overstated to be honest. In his 12 premier league games he played 11 times at right back and once at left back.
Plus what seems to be being completely ignored is how well he plays those positions. He might have the ability to play fullback over Ferdinand but Rio is a vastly superior centre back even if he has slowed down a little. It's not like we're missing a defensive utility man either.
Add to that that Kelly is pretty much inexperienced at every single level of football bar Reserves; I can't see Hodgson genuinely wanting Kelly over Ferdinand.

The ****?

OK tell me what Kelly brings to the squad that Jones can't?

It's just that your arguments are weak and pathetic when you came up with Kelly can play as sweeper when he didn't even play as CB once. Just any excuses. He can, but till date he didn't play in the senior team.

And you come up with Rio is injury prone, but this season Kelly and to an extent Terry were injured more than Rio and not to forget Gerrard who only made handful of appearances.

Then silly argument of he can't play 3 games in 8 days, which is gobshit. Even Roy said this was not the reason and for some reason some are acting thick and ignoring Roy's words. He even played 3 games in 8 days whereas Kelly didn't.

You wan't versatility? You have Jones.
What you need his player who can play against top teams, for that you need top players not someone who has never played as CB. Not to forget Rio was the best CB and played important role in the second best defensive team. What footballing reason was Roy talking about?

It can't be more obvious.

1) Just because he has not played there does not mean he cannot.

2) Rio is injury-prone. Just because for he managed to complete half a season does not change that. Players like Terry are not injury-prone. Gerrard is a completely different matter. For starters he will be starting for England in every game

3) As I have mentioned repeatedly, both Rio and Kelly will barely even make the bench. They will only play in the event of a major injury crisis. In that case, I would rather have a versatile Kelly who can play anywhere across the back 4 rather than a Rio who can only play one position. So your point that Rio can play against top teams is moot as he will probably not play.

Again let me repeat. If you were choosing someone for the first-team, you would pick Rio. But if you were choosing someone to provide depth to the squad, you pick a versatile, young defender who will not mind being left out of the match-day squad and will probably gain a lot from the experience

I think Kelly's versatility is being overstated to be honest. In his 12 premier league games he played 11 times at right back and once at left back.
Plus what seems to be being completely ignored is how well he plays those positions. He might have the ability to play fullback over Ferdinand but Rio is a vastly superior centre back even if he has slowed down a little. It's not like we're missing a defensive utility man either.
Add to that that Kelly is pretty much inexperienced at every single level of football bar Reserves; I can't see Hodgson genuinely wanting Kelly over Ferdinand.

Again just because he has not played there does not mean he cannot. And since neither of them are going to play anyways, you might as well take a versatile young defender who will be able to cover for you in the event of a injury crisis rather than a old, injury-prone player who can only play one position.

So as GodCubed put it, Kelly offers more to the squad than Rio. He can play LB/RB/CB in the vent of a injury crisis. He is young and will probably not get injured. He will not mind being left out of the match-day squad. At the worst, this will be a good experience for him

You may be right that Rio could be excluded for other reasons. But I genuinely think there are sound footballing reasons for him being excluded

1) Just because he has not played there does not mean he cannot.

So this is assumption. You dont even know how good he can be in that position. Just because he can play doesn't mean he can at the required quality.

2) Rio is injury-prone. Just because for he managed to complete half a season does not change that. Players like Terry are not injury-prone. Gerrard is a completely different matter. For starters he will be starting for England in every game

So Rio can be left out because of Injury prone reason but Gerrard can't. Rio made more appearances than Gerrard in last 2 years. Again double standards. And no not just half season, he played 30 league games which is about same as Lescott amd Jagielka.

3) As I have mentioned repeatedly, both Rio and Kelly will barely even make the bench. They will only play in the event of a major injury crisis. In that case, I would rather have a versatile Kelly who can play anywhere across the back 4 rather than a Rio who can only play one position. So your point that Rio can play against top teams is moot as he will probably not play.

Rio is good enough to start, forget about bench. Just because he doesn't **** up positionally like Terry and put his head where many can't put their feet doesn't mean Terry is better. Can't even make the bench? lol.

Again let me repeat. If you were choosing someone for the first-team, you would pick Rio. But if you were choosing someone to provide depth to the squad, you pick a versatile, young defender who will not mind being left out of the match-day squad and will probably gain a lot from the experience

And again ignored what I asked, what does Kelly brings that Jones can't?

Again just because he has not played there does not mean he cannot. And since neither of them are going to play anyways, you might as well take a versatile young defender who will be able to cover for you in the event of a injury crisis rather than a old, injury-prone player who can only play one position.
d

This is such a ridiculous point, ok if both wont start why not call up someone like Britton who has been quality as CM? Anyways as you said Kelly wont play, at least Britton would have added much needed quality to CM.

He can play LB/RB/CB: And he played CB for reserves and not for senior team (According to LFC fans).

Thought you were dropping it :(

Apologies. I had, hence I didnt quote Jacko to address his post.

But then Alcaraz came up with some sort of dig, and that was the only reason I answered him. Sort of mistake when the following post was full of assumptions.

With that, I'm done. Good day/night.

So this is assumption. You dont even know how good he can be in that position. Just because he can play doesn't mean he can at the required quality.

At least he can play those positions opposed to Rio. Only position where is suspect is CB where we have enough quality as it is

So Rio can be left out because of Injury prone reason but Gerrard can't. Rio made more appearances than Gerrard in last 2 years. Again double standards. And no not just half season, he played 30 league games which is about same as Lescott amd Jagielka.

Yes but as I said, Rio will probably not be playing. Would you rather your back-up player be injury-prone? Rio is injury-prone despite what you say. One season does not change that he is as likely to set off a injury crisis as Michael Owen

Rio is good enough to start, forget about bench. Just because he doesn't **** up positionally like Terry and put his head where many can't put their feet doesn't mean Terry is better. Can't even make the bench? lol.

This made me laugh it really did. Their is a reason why Capello has not selected him before he was sacked. Their is also a reason why he is not a sure starter for Manchester United either. Take off those red-tinted glasses and keep from provoking others by striking out at their players for no reason

And again ignored what I asked, what does Kelly brings that Jones can't?

For starters he can cover for LB. I like to counter that by saying what can Rio bring that Jags, Lescott, Terry and Jones cannot? Superb reading of the game is all I can think of

This is such a ridiculous point, ok if both wont start why not call up someone like Britton who has been quality as CM? Anyways as you said Kelly wont play, at least Britton would have added much needed quality to CM.

He can play LB/RB/CB: And he played CB for reserves and not for senior team (According to LFC fans).

Not a bad call for Britton. Except Cahill, a defender, has gotten injured and thus common sense would dictate we replace him with a defender. Shocker

Apologies. I had, hence I didnt quote Jacko to address his post.

But then Alcaraz came up with some sort of dig, and that was the only reason I answered him. Sort of mistake when the following post was full of assumptions.

With that, I'm done. Good day/night.

Not sure how you can say anything I post is a dig after you post this...

Back