England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Some seriously bad research by Roy's gang , should have just read my posts and he'd know how to set up. For the future i'll gladly betray my country for mere 1% of what he is paid monthly.

Some seriously bad research by Roy's gang , should have just read my posts and he'd know how to set up. For the future i'll gladly betray my country for mere 1% of what he is paid monthly.

He totally played into your strengths. It was like he has never watched Poland play.

Lescott was ******* me off big style just hoofing ball away and constantly putting us under pressure has no composure what so ever, and dont get gerrard trying hollwood balls all the time and felt sorry for cleverly evrytime had ball was no movement and no one was showing for the ball was only one trying to get into space!

Meh. My disappointment at England being ***** is somewhat tempered by the fact that I put a cheeky 50p on Kamel Glik scoring the second just because he was laughably ***** in one of my old Palermo saves at 50/1.

Meh. My disappointment at England being ***** is somewhat tempered by the fact that I put a cheeky 50p on Kamel Glik scoring the second just because he was laughably ***** in one of my old Palermo saves at 50/1.

Lets counter down the wings.... with no wingers.

Why change a good setup?

That's Alan Shearer levels of stupidity.

Think I am in love with Lukasz Pisczszek (however you spell), top player!

Lets counter down the wings.... with no wingers.

Why change a good setup?

That's Alan Shearer levels of stupidity.

Roy was never the right choice for the England job, he is merely a "yes" man for the FA.

Lescott was ******* me off big style just hoofing ball away and constantly putting us under pressure has no composure what so ever, and dont get gerrard trying hollwood balls all the time and felt sorry for cleverly evrytime had ball was no movement and no one was showing for the ball was only one trying to get into space!

It was like he didn't want to go past the halfway line with the ball-even with space in front of him. Run defenders and cause problems-it ain't that hard

Roy was never the right choice for the England job, he is merely a "yes" man for the FA.

Not just Roy. Individually we have excellent players excellent youngsters loaded with talent. Put them together though and we're not good enough.

Not just Roy. Individually we have excellent players excellent youngsters loaded with talent. Put them together though and we're not good enough.

We did stumble across the right set up, but it didnt contain enough of the "right names" so we made 6 changes, and played a new formation....

How can you say that considering they are not given the right system and the right guidance by the manager. Give me a Roberto Martinez over a Roy Hodgson any day, someone with some creativity and tactical nouse, not saying Roy doesn't but accomadating a side to put Gerrard in... oh please.

The system was set up totally wrong tonight so we will never know, I would like to see us actually trying to build for the future and the next world cup, not relying on the likes of Gerrard and co. for one last hoorah which won't happen.

You lucky *******

We did stumble across the right set up, but it didnt contain enough of the "right names" so we made 6 changes, and played a new formation....
Totally agree we will be watching same dross in brazil with them "right names" instead of playing players who actually want to play football.

How can you say that considering they are not given the right system and the right guidance by the manager. Give me a Roberto Martinez over a Roy Hodgson any day, someone with some creativity and tactical nouse, not saying Roy doesn't but accomadating a side to put Gerrard in... oh please.

The system was totally wrong tonight so we will never know, I would like to see us actually trying to build for the future and the next world cup, not relying on the likes of Gerrard and co. for one last hoorah which won't happen.

Roy got it right vs San Marino. Could have rested Welbeck, pushed Rooney up and put gerrard AMC, for a more direct counter approach. But in essence the shape and style was right. Why he made wholesale changes is beyond me.

Hmmm.. just leads me to think that in my lifetime we'll never get past the quarters. And as Gocubed and Joel know all too well at my age my expirey date is fast approaching................

Roy got it right vs San Marino. Could have rested Welbeck, pushed Rooney up and put gerrard AMC, for a more direct counter approach. But in essence the shape and style was right. Why he made wholesale changes is beyond me.

I think the basic system was decent but the way he went about trying to fiddle it round with Gerrard in there and Milner who is supposedly in an attacking position is more used for cover for Johnson.... it is just ridiculous, if you do not trust Johnson defensively then use a different Right Back, a certain Micah Richards maybe?

I refuse to accept that England are not good enough until I have seen a manager pick the right players with the right system, although judging by tonight we could be waiting until Gerrard retires.

The system was set up totally wrong tonight so we will never know, I would like to see us actually trying to build for the future and the next world cup, not relying on the likes of Gerrard and co. for one last hoorah which won't happen.
Watching cleverly and rooney playing on left was just like watching scholes in the england squad just so gerrard can play in CM and disrupt balance of squad. Oh i know lets play our best players out of possition!XD

I think the basic system was decent but the way he went about trying to fiddle it round with Gerrard in there and Milner who is supposedly in an attacking position is more used for cover for Johnson.... it is just ridiculous, if you do not trust Johnson defensively then use a different Right Back, a certain Micah Richards maybe?

I refuse to accept that England are not good enough until I have seen a manager pick the right players with the right system, although judging by tonight we could be waiting until Gerrard retires.

Not Gerrard's fault to be fair, rather, the way he was used. Still think he has a big role to play. At AMC. Because he's an AMC.

Not Gerrard's fault to be fair, rather, the way he was used. Still think he has a big role to play. At AMC. Because he's an AMC.

But Gerrard's proved he can play deep this season. I reckon we should continue to play him there and drop Cleverley - who can't finish and is too young anyway - and play Lampard alongside him. They're our best players, after all. Drop Carrick, he's *****.

But Gerrard's proved he can play deep this season. I reckon we should continue to play him there and drop Cleverley - who can't finish and is too young anyway - and play Lampard alongside him. They're our best players, after all. Drop Carrick, he's *****.

bait.jpg

Back