England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
That goal is ridiculous, I might have to fap to that later. I switched over at HT, what was Townsend's reaction like to Ibra's magnificence? Is he a believer yet or does Zlatan still have to perform in the CL against an English side? ¬_¬

what does Fraser Forster have to do to get picked? It was a friendly so was a perfect situation. bad call Roy imo.

And Western Germany? Really? (post match interview)

Last edited:
That goal is ridiculous, I might have to fap to that later. I switched over at HT, what was Townsend's reaction like to Ibra's magnificence? Is he a believer yet or does Zlatan still have to perform in the CL against an English side? ¬_¬

Basically just blaiming Hart.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic at times is just an absolute beast and joy to watch. Did anyone see his performance last week in the Champs League in PSG's 4-0 win, he didn't score but he was unreal. It is a shame we won't see him in this country in my opinion.

Joe Hart was shocking, and it's pathetic that he hardly receives any criticism from the English press, compare it to De Gea who makes a tiny error yet pulls off world class saves, and has this ridiculous "shaky" tag, yet Hart is making mistake after mistake and is immune, his performance tonight was awful.

Pfft. Not even his best goal

[video=youtube;ZgqsaDnsEq8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgqsaDnsEq8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Lol. I love how defender tries to jump on him and simply bounces off, while Ibra did not even lose balance. This is ridicolous.

Joe Hart was shocking, and it's pathetic that he hardly receives any criticism from the English press, compare it to De Gea who makes a tiny error yet pulls off world class saves, and has this ridiculous "shaky" tag, yet Hart is making mistake after mistake and is immune, his performance tonight was awful.

He should be. Brilliant goal, but my word Hart was terrible today.

Hart was very poor tonight and i agree with you Totza that he seems to be immune from any sort of criticism from the English media and i think it's because he is a good guy and he says what he thinks to them. We all know the media prefer people like that hence why they jumped on the Redknapp for England bandwagon. Like you say if that was De Gea who done that tonight he would have been slautered on the front, back and pullout pages in tomorrows papers by journo's and so called "pundits".

He should be. Brilliant goal, but my word Hart was terrible today.

Ibra out of this world.

On an England note... I've been saying where has Forster been for a long time, I kinda think Hart has got cocky rather than confident and he had a shambolic performance today and it is getting more common. In my eyes Fraser Forster is the better keeper but we can't consider him......... because he doesn't play in England.

Leon Osman was class.... can't help but feel we have let another great talent slip... although he no doubt has a few more years left at the top.

Danny Welbeck is going to be a class striker... I don't get the **** about him even from United fans, they clearly need to get a broader knowledge of the game.

Raheem Sterling was very good as well, started slowly but got right into his stride, definitely got a special something.

Thought Zaha should of got more minutes as he is a talent.

Oh and I very much like Steven Caulker, lets not forget it was his first England cap and he was against one of the best strikers in the world, I thought he did very well. I hope this is the new type of English Centre Back, he is great all round defender, good with the ball at his feet as well.

4-5 years too late for Osman. Been wasted by not being picked in the past. Like Hibbert-should've been given a chance but likely that isn't going to happen either. It's pretty much not rocket science. If a player is doing great club form wise, give them a chance. Shouldn't pick them based on name unless obviously it's Rooney...don't even have to go on about his ability.

Either way chuffed to bits for the lad. Not heard one bad review about his performance

4-5 years too late for Osman. Been wasted by not being picked in the past. Like Hibbert-should've been given a chance but likely that isn't going to happen either. It's pretty much not rocket science. If a player is doing great club form wise, give them a chance. Shouldn't pick them based on name unless obviously it's Rooney...don't even have to go on about his ability.

Either way chuffed to bits for the lad. Not heard one bad review about his performance

England's best player last night.

England's best player last night.

Would love it if he was given more chances-deserves it. If other players are repeatedly picked when they have poor performances, then there's no excuses. Even Hart showed his weakness last night-decision making. I mean, that header was just...should never have done it. Then again, Cahill wasn't at his best last night, not always getting back to help with covering. And I assume Shawcross won't be getting picked again either.

There's just not a valid reason for not picking Osman again. May have only been a friendly, but if he does that well in such a match (he didn't treat it like a friendly), imagine what he would do in a proper international. Fully deserves a call up in a competitive match whereas there are some who don't-and still get picked.

Zlatan aside, England were ok today, Hart was *****. Osman was very good, probably our best player. Welbeck has scored 5 goals from 5 shots for England.

Hart has been ***** pretty much all season. Unfortunately [or fortunately, depending on how you look at it] he's liked by the media so they refuse to give him stick for it.. Despite him clearly deserving it.

Hart has been ***** pretty much all season. Unfortunately [or fortunately, depending on how you look at it] he's liked by the media so they refuse to give him stick for it.. Despite him clearly deserving it.

It's like I mentioned in the previous post. If he's exposed, his decision making isn't his strong point. More than capable of great saves, but there are parts that need to be improved vastly. Though some of the CB's didn't help much either

Think it's a bit harsh to say "most of the season" he has been *****. He has had a few bad games but he has also had some great games as well, like against Dortmund and Madrid. He was at fault last night but saying "***** most of the season" is too far imo.

Think it's a bit harsh to say "most of the season" he has been *****. He has had a few bad games but he has also had some great games as well, like against Dortmund and Madrid. He was at fault last night but saying "***** most of the season" is too far imo.

Wonder if he needs a break at some point. Has a major workload right now. Champions League, Prem, friendlies. Could take a toll.

Saying that, if Lescott and Jagielka were in front of him...would he have made "that header" or had to come out

It's like I mentioned in the previous post. If he's exposed, his decision making isn't his strong point. More than capable of great saves, but there are parts that need to be improved vastly. Though some of the CB's didn't help much either

Indeed. No doubt that goal wouldn't have been conceded if Forster was in goal.. Not saying Forster is a better keeper just that some of Hart's decisions have been questionable this year and he's made some huge errors

He's made some pretty big ****-ups this year, sure I was slightly exaggerating but he's not been consistently performing. Of course he is a world class keeper because he can pull off fantastic saves but he's dodgy and it's an issue that's been going for a while on yet nobody in the media seems to pick up on it.

Wonder if he needs a break at some point. Has a major workload right now. Champions League, Prem, friendlies. Could take a toll.

Saying that, if Lescott and Jagielka were in front of him...would he have made "that header" or had to come out

I certainly don't think it helps a goalkeeper when the defence is chopping and changing every game, at City and with England lately.

Having said that I was delighted to see Caulker in an England shirt, he is going to be a top class Centre-Back and hopefully is the new modern type of English CB.

Indeed, he's made considerably more mistakes than than De Gea, for example this season. Yet the latter is "risky" and Hart is "rock solid". Forster should have been given the chance last night.

Last edited:
Back