England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Section only shows thread have been posted on in the last month be default, so you wouldn't have seen it.

England thread will be stickied for future reference to make it easier to find.

I think we will be find with Jags, good commanding figure. Gerrard shoudnt start but I bet he will.

Carrick and Wilshere for me, if Gerrard has to play, then at AMC, Rooney up front.Welbeck right and Milner left

Agree with Carrick and Wilshere.

Ahead of them I'd go with Rooney in the hole behind either Defoe or Welbeck. Welbeck and Rooney have a good understanding but Defoe has improved his all round game and is in good form. Walcott deserves a start on the right. AML could go to Welbeck or even Rooney if Gerrard plays in the hole.

I think we'll probably line up something like:

Milner-Gerrard-Wilshere-Oxlade
-----Rooney---Welbeck-------

Why bother discusing Rio and Terry - they're both too old to go to Brasil even as backup players , the sooner you start rolling new CBs the better.

Walcott is having a blinder. And Lampard showing he's clearly still got it. But Cahill-you muppett lol. Apart from that been impressed by our players even though it's only a friendly. Neymar has been poor though, but Oscar showing his quality

This Neymar kid is a bit overhyped, Walcott >>

Wish I was the one putting the cream on his rather large helping of humble pie following his "one man team" comment

Wish I was the one putting the cream on his rather large helping of humble pie following his "one man team" comment

To be fair to him, it is a cold, wet wednesday night at Wembley.

Didn't affect Oscar or Fred lol. Neymar is loaded with technique et all, but that first half miss should have been put away.

very good performance from England, Wilshere was sensational! From a Chelsea point of view take the mistake out and Cahill was very good and Oscar was Brazil's main man and Lamps scores the winner!

With Wilshere, Cleverley and Gerrard England looked lot comfortable in possession. Midfield was full of energy, off the ball movements, nice passing and everyone was quick to release the ball but once Cleverley was off, England lacked the energy in the midfield and it was all Brazil without creating much.

Cahill had very good game except the error that led to the goal but Lampard apart from goal was very wasteful.

Best England have played in many years imo. At least first half it looked completely different England team. Short passing and pressing high up the pitch.

Should also praise Hart. Fantastic penalty save-great stuff

Two central defenders were shocking I thought. If they didn't have Stevie and Clevs helping them out I think it would've been completely different story.

England were frighteningly quick last night.. Loved it! Still think Welbeck is **** though, not convinced on Cleverley either.

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or genuinely defending him?

Two central defenders were shocking I thought. If they didn't have Stevie and Clevs helping them out I think it would've been completely different story.

Really? I thought Cahill played well.. Make a mistake, yeah, fair enough but was solid for the other 89 minutes.. Neymar couldn't touch him.

Not convinced on Cleverley? Did you not see the difference in how team played with and without him?

Hart did amazingly well on the penalty.
CBs looked a little slow to react at times but Cahill had a solid game, didn't see a huge amount from either Cole or Johnson.
Cleverley, Wilshere and Gerrard played so well together, helped to really control possession and press hard.
Lampard was poor, sure he scored the winner but was wasteful and took a lot out of our midfield.
Walcott I've never seen play so well for England and I still don't rate Welbeck.

If Walcott continues his current form he can be a real asset to us, as well as clear first choice right mid.

Not convinced on Cleverley? Did you not see the difference in how team played with and without him?

No, fell asleep at half time. :(

Just not sure he's the type of player we need.. Maybe it's because I'd prefer Shelvey or Henderson. (;

Just not sure he's the type of player we need.. Maybe it's because I'd prefer Shelvey or Henderson. (;

How can you make that point if you fell asleep and didnt see the difference? Cleverley is like a quick metronome. moved the ball between the centre of the pitch quickly and efficiently, lots of accurate one touch passes, don't he think he actually misplaced a single pass. Considerably better than Henderson, who doesn't have the first touch or the pinpoint accuracy needed to do that (not yet anyway). And shouldnt even be mentioning Shelvey as an alternative yet. Gerrard was very good, Cleverley's running meant that he didnt have to get himself about and out of position, and his passing game was the best I've seen him play for some time.

Cahill and Smalling were ok. But they need to be given time to actually form a centre back partnership.

Walcott was on fire. And Rooney and Wilshere's link up was almost telepathic.

Last edited:

Shame as you would have realize what he brings to the team. Very vital player in maintaining possession and playing free flowing football. Without him and with Lampard and Gerrard even Wilshere struggled to play his natural game.

Walcott was on fire. And Rooney and Wilshere's link up was almost telepathic.

In the first half it looked as if they were playing together for years. How I want Wilshere at ManUtd :(

Wish Taylor would start tonight. He won't but I wish he would

Back