England v Mexico

• Thread starter Thread starter Kylo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 299
  • Views Views 18K
Ha! All those people filing back into their seats should've been a tad faster.

Right, thoughts from the first half.
Take note, this is just my opinion...

Gerrard, Carrick, Baines and Walcott have all been poor.

Baines - Looks out of his depth and doesn't look an international football, can't cover the ground the Cole does which is providing us with no width.
Gerrard - Not done anything and i don't feel his putting enough work in defensively, Rooney's been further back most of the game than Gerrard, which is worrying, talk about the effects in a minute.

Carrick - his passing has been woeful, given the ball away far too much and looks sluggish in possession.

Walcott - At time you have to wonder if he has a footballing brain, twice he could've played Rooney in but he's held on to the ball far too long and when he has played it, Rooney was offside. I don't even know why people are having the debate about who's better between Lennon and Walcott, lennon's miles better, especially this season where Lennon's final ball has got a lot better, and Walcott could learn from him - learn how to cross a ball that is :')

Mexico have had a lot of the ball which is causing England to sit back far too deep, especially when England get the ball, Rooney's tracking back to far for my liking which in turn leaves Crouch isolated when we (finally) regain possession. I'd like to see Carrick go off for maybe Huddlestone or Parker, someone who's good in possession but can protect the back four. I'd also like to see Walcott go off for Lennon or A. Johnson.

I think if Milner stays on the pitch, we should look to get him on the ball as much as possible because effectively, he's our 'Xavi' he's the one who can make things out of nothing.

Anyone like to agree or disagree? :$
He's been like that ALL season |)
**** OFF ADRIAN CHILES. If he's there for the WC, i'm watching on the internet

Someon fill me in on what has happened since the restart i had to go have dinner lol

Defensively = horrible
Offensively = horrible
Ability to retain possession = zero

Mexico are dominating at the moment and Green has saved us twice.
Bring on the subs.

I love that man :wub::D

Good goal just saw it what about subs who came on i heard rio gone off for someone and defoe is on for someone any help?

Defoe on for His Lankiness, Carragher on for Rio, Hart on for Green.

Defoe on for His Lankiness, Carragher on for Rio, Hart on for Green.

lol nice sense of humor has the mexican supporter calmed down a bit? Does anyone else see a similarity in looks between giovani dos santos and Jo?

Carrick doesn't offer much really, think England could be a bit more dominant in the midfield, maybe bring on Huddlestone or Parker.

lol nice sense of humor has the mexican supporter calmed down a bit? Does anyone else see a similarity in looks between giovani dos santos and Jo?

I KINDA see what you mean.

Thank god, Carrick's off! Big fan of Huddlestone here, lets hope he can put on a show.

Tomm Huddlestone coming on. Is this his debut? Making the Tottenham link in this match even stronger. But who is coming of? Carrick in my opinion

Back