England v Mexico

• Thread starter Thread starter Kylo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 299
  • Views Views 18K
After watching the match I've come to these conclusions:

Gerrard can't play on the left, far better when moved into the middle.
Same with Milner, looked better when pushed out on the left.
Carrick was woeful, clear lack of confidence/form. Shouldn't be in the starting 11.
King had a good game, Carra was solid and Rio was pretty poor for his standards I thought.
Johnson played very well in the second half, looked a little shaky in the first.
Lennon is miles better than Walcott and should start every time over him.
A.Johnson should have been given more time on the pitch, looked alright when he came on.
Both keepers did well but I'd prefer Hart to start.
Rooney showed glimpses of brilliance, but im justed relieved he didn't get injured.
Baines had a poor game in my opinion, easily turned on numerous occasions.

After watching the match I've come to these conclusions:

Gerrard can't play on the left, far better when moved into the middle.
Same with Milner, looked better when pushed out on the left.
Carrick was woeful, clear lack of confidence/form. Shouldn't be in the starting 11.
King had a good game, Carra was solid and Rio was pretty poor for his standards I thought.
Johnson played very well in the second half, looked a little shaky in the first.
Lennon is miles better than Walcott and should start every time over him.
A.Johnson should have been given more time on the pitch, looked alright when he came on.
Both keepers did well but I'd prefer Hart to start.
Rooney showed glimpses of brilliance, but im justed relieved he didn't get injured.
Baines had a poor game in my opinion, easily turned on numerous occasions.
agree with all of that.

Anyone know anything about the Japanese?

As it happens, yes.

They still have Shunsuke Nakamura, who's a great performer and talisman for their side, though he is getting on a bit. Keisuke Honda is a truly gifted young midfielder, regarded as the heir to the aforesaid. He's got a good left foot on him, and is a dangerous dead-ball taker. Got nice hair too.

Shinji Okazaki is a talented young forward, and at the back they've got Yuji Nakazawa, the ageing captain. There are other squad players like Hasebe, who are solid if unspectacular. They also have Morimoto, wonderkid of FM, who wants to make his mark at the world cup.

As it happens, yes.

They still have Shunsuke Nakamura, who's a great performer and talisman for their side, though he is getting on a bit. Keisuke Honda is a truly gifted young midfielder, regarded as the heir to the aforesaid. He's got a good left foot on him, and is a dangerous dead-ball taker. Got nice hair too.

Shinji Okazaki is a talented young forward, and at the back they've got Yuji Nakazawa, the ageing captain. There are other squad players like Hasebe, who are solid if unspectacular. They also have Morimoto, wonderkid of FM, who wants to make his mark at the world cup.
Isn't he that slap head?? I would be wary of the slap heads, crafty buggers

3-1.
hate to say i told you so...

average performance, on a whole - only one thing stood out to me. Huddlestone > Carrick.

Not a bad performance considering all the changes in personal and tactics (esp. first half). Quite pleased, if a little worried by the ease that Mexico got through us in the first, but hey, that was sorted out at half-time and it's better to be unsure in a friendly than in a competitive match. At least Capello has a few days to iron out the problems before the next test on Sunday. Must admit, I'm feeling quietly confident about our chances next month when the real competition begins. Only downer really, was that Robert Green showed exactly why he shouldn't be number one (again) and (as I've said on previous threads) I hope Capello realises this too because Green WILL **** up in a major match -- he produced one great save and one routine save, but, more importantly, he dropped an easy catch (quite a regular occurrence) and was also rooted to the spot (and then extremely slow to react) for Mexico's goal.

In the main, it was a good steady performance from the lads -- roll on South Africa :)

Huddlestone was no better than Carrick, both aimlessly try fail long balls. Can't they just play a just as effective 5 yard pass.

That's the one. The one who after a couple of years gets stupid finishing stats.
I actually want to watch him strut his stuff irl, I don't watch Serie A but he seems to be going quite well there

Huddlestone was no better than Carrick, both aimlessly try fail long balls. Can't they just play a just as effective 5 yard pass.
i wasnt inviting you to disagree. simply stating my opinion ;)
but carrick is about as useful as a steaming pile of camel poo.

A fairly decent performance but, in my eyes, Milner was pretty poor, wasn't making any kind of dangerous off the ball runs, and sometimes aimlessly giving the ball away.

I would have like to have seen Adam Johnson playa bit more, he looked lively and caused their right back a few problems late on.

And, oh yeah, Hart > Green <3

I thought Rooney didn't do much personally, i don't think Walcott should be in the final squad tbh

Just because he didn't score dosent mean he had a bad game he was brilliant winning the ball back and his dispossesing off balls was 2nd to none. Will be intresting to see how the lads that missed out today fair on Sunday.

Seems England fans dont like anyone challenging them on their team and all you can do is insult me,

Everyone entitled to an opinion and this Site is for anyone in the world and not just English fans so I have the right to voice my opinion and dont think I should be insulted over it.

From what I know most Irish and think Scottish and Wales people follow the team against England and its all harmless banter,

Im sure some of ya's were happy when Henry did that handball doesnt bother me that ya's did

End of the day m8 u didnt have an opinion u were purely slating england cause u are obviously not english , im scottish and ill be the first to admit we are the last people who can slag anyone off , half my family are english so stop the braveheart bullshit and talk about football instead of trying to rub something in , This is exactly how it started years ago , It aint scotland england to me its britain simple as , I cheer england every single world cup although im die hard scottish because i dont involve myself in some political bollocks that happened hundreds of years ago its time to let it drop we are all humans at the end of the day

End of the day m8 u didnt have an opinion u were purely slating england cause u are obviously not english , im scottish and ill be the first to admit we are the last people who can slag anyone off , half my family are english so stop the braveheart bullshit and talk about football instead of trying to rub something in , This is exactly how it started years ago , It aint scotland england to me its britain simple as , I cheer england every single world cup although im die hard scottish because i dont involve myself in some political bollocks that happened hundreds of years ago its time to let it drop we are all humans at the end of the day

Well.

You actually made sense for once.

and I agree with you.

Good work! :P

Two birds, one stone.

sounds like a dodgy **** vid.. ;)

Just because he didn't score dosent mean he had a bad game he was brilliant winning the ball back and his dispossesing off balls was 2nd to none. Will be intresting to see how the lads that missed out today fair on Sunday.

No he wasn't, every time he got the ball he ended up running past his man then losing the ball! And failed to win it back!

Green played excellent
G.Johnson well played
Lennon & A.Johnson showed glimpses of quality
Gerrard tried ever so hard but nothing really came off
Milner look assured in the middle

Well.

You actually made sense for once.

and I agree with you.

Good work! :P

Two birds, one stone.

sounds like a dodgy **** vid.. ;)
You know all to well Dunc lol ;)

On topic:- I don't like England, I never have and never will but I won't go ******** about the country for no reason... England were a little unconvincing but there was new players in, and a new way of doing things, I guess most of you would have taken 3-1 at the start

The goal that Mexico scored was unbelievably sloppy and Crouch's goal was debatable but it's very hard to get those decisions right. The Japan game will be very interesting as they are a sharp side on their day.

Players who I thought did well for England:

• Hart
  • Green
  • Lennon
  • Rooney
  • Glen Johnson (just for that goal)
  • Adam Johnson
  • Gerrard in the second half
Players who I thought didn't do so well:

• Ferdinand
  • King (despite the goal looked quite nervy)
  • Carrick (****** horror show)
  • Milner (when in the middle of the park, didn't seem comfortable, once he switched with Gerrard he played a bit better)
The rest were ok, nobody had an outstanding game but Gio Dos Santos was very lively for Mexico

Lets be honest here though on topic , England may have been unconvincing but they won 3 - 1 didnt they , Surely that says with a few first team players out in a unconvincing performance , winning 3 - 1 against a decent side remember , is what england have been missing all these years , surely it can only be a step in the right direction as far as I'm concerned , Remember winning when not at your best is a sign of champions , we can only hope .

Back