England v Mexico

• Thread starter Thread starter Kylo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 299
  • Views Views 18K
All in all a decent performance against a team I'm tipping to win their group. Lennon was better than Walcott king was class milner a little quiet baines not good enough Johnson was at his best and Rooney was absolutely sensational. I'm happy after that now let's see how we do against a poorer side I.e japan. I don't think Adam Johnson should go also we don't need heskey.

Oh not this advert again lets hope they dont leave out the last six seconds like the other day

By the way, anyone still watching telly... did anyone see telly ad just now depicting Rooney as a fat middle aged bloke living in a trailer? XD

All in all a decent performance against a team I'm tipping to win their group. Lennon was better than Walcott king was class milner a little quiet baines not good enough Johnson was at his best and Rooney was absolutely sensational. I'm happy after that now let's see how we do against a poorer side I.e japan. I don't think Adam Johnson should go also we don't need heskey.
agree on baines, though in fairness first half he was given no help by gerrard.

I thought Rooney didn't do much personally, i don't think Walcott should be in the final squad tbh

By the way, anyone still watching telly... did anyone see telly ad just now depicting Rooney as a fat middle aged bloke living in a trailer? XD

Didnt you see that advert after the champs league final? Thats the new nike ad which they left out the last six seconds the other day :'( It's rooney thinking what would happen if he let Ribery go and score and knock out England.

Is the world cup going to be on ITV only? Or the BBC as well?

Adam Johnson isn't World Cup quality, it would be a waste bringing him.
have you seen the way hes played for us that season? in those 10 minutes he was on he did something that anyone failed to do in that 2nd half, he infiltrated that defence,

have you seen the way hes played for us that season? in those 10 minutes he was on he did something that anyone failed to do in that 2nd half, he infiltrated that defence,
this. wanna see him play al least a half next game, but he has the ability to beat his man from standing and get behind and into the box, something walcott certainly cant do

I see the point he was making he wont start any games and we have Joe Cole milner walcott and lennon ahead of him on the wings but i would like to see him go and score a match winner and get the backpages maybe score against Brazil in the final and seal our first win in 44 years. We can all dream lol

As we've come to expect from England recently, some of our attacking play was dull and some was incisive and intricate. Milner had an unspectacular game, but he put in a couple of solid defensive moments. Gerrard and Rooney were at times superb. King was good in patches, and you could really see his pace, something lacking in his competitors for the place.

What about when rooney put gerrard through and he got taken down, and when lennon ran through their defencec before being taken down..

Pretty sure they both infiltrated the defence :P

What about when rooney put gerrard through and he got taken down, and when lennon ran through their defencec before being taken down..

Yeah but we got a chance from johnsons run, he beat the challenge that came at him, also the fact he got into the penalty area, unlikely that they will foul him in the area

And where Walcott broke through and played Rooney in. Lol

Yeah but we got a chance from johnsons run, he beat the challenge that came at him, also the fact he got into the penalty area, unlikely that they will foul him in the area

A chance that Johnson fluffed?

Back