• Replies Replies 299
  • Views Views 18K
England 3 - 1 Mexico

Rooney
Gerrard
Lampard
------------
Vela

I guess Capello will test 4-2-3-1. I would like to see Gerrard behind Rooney.Lampard is more disciplined compared to Gerrard to play as CM.

--------------------Hart-------------------
Johnson------Rio----Terry-------Cole

--------------Carrick---Lampard----------
Lennon------Gerrard------------Joe Cole
----------------Rooney---------------

I preferred Cole to milner just coz Cole was fantastic for England and he is the most skillful player in the squad. Carrick is in coz he is the type of player england needs. He can dictate game where there is so much mobility ahead and to put it simple Carrick + pair of balls = Class.

I guess Capello will test 4-2-3-1. I would like to see Gerrard behind Rooney.Lampard is more disciplined compared to Gerrard to play as CM.

I preferred Cole to milner just coz Cole was fantastic for England and he is the most skillful player in the squad. Carrick is in coz he is the type of player england needs. He can dictate game where there is so much mobility ahead and to put it simple Carrick + pair of balls = Class.

like your team mate makes sence, the only one i would argue is with joe hart, i say play him tomorow but jamo against usa. appart from that this is the team i would start with in the 1st game.

just realised capello is resting the cup finalists, so no james, terry, a cole, j cole, lampard:

Johnson------Rio----King-------Baines

--------------Carrick---Parker----------
Lennon------Gerrard------------Milner

like your team mate makes sence, the only one i would argue is with joe hart, i say play him tomorow but jamo against usa. appart from that this is the team i would start with in the 1st game.

Ya Hart is arguable but i took his side as i believe he was the best English GK this year, For some reason i'm not comfortable with James. He is very experienced but everytime i'l be thinking he is a disaster waiting to happen. I think best way to test hart is to give him run of games in friendlies so that he can get used to the back 4, If it doesnt work out James can slot in as he has played with this defense earlier.

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 PM ----------

just realised capello is resting the cup finalists, so no james, terry, a cole, j cole, lampard:

Oh if thats the case this team looks absolutely fine.

really good call i think, these boys have only had a week off and the rest of the players have already had 2 weeks no competitive play. think he may bring them in against the japs.

really good call i think, these boys have only had a week off and the rest of the players have already had 2 weeks no competitive play. think he may bring them in against the japs.

ONLY a weeks rest?! They are paid x amount of pounds to play football week in week out,and to keep fit! I should ****** think a weeks rest is adequate enough for them. ******* unbelievable.

Forget the starting line up but will the Wembley pitch hold up for the match and provide a decent surface to play on? Will any of our players get injured severely?

ONLY a weeks rest?! They are paid x amount of pounds to play football week in week out,and to keep fit! I should ****** think a weeks rest is adequate enough for them. ******* unbelievable.

Of corse they are fit to play, a week is more than enough..

Oh yes. This Wembley pitch is pathetic. They spend so much but they cant heir a ******* groundsman who can prepare pitch like Emirates.

now i may just be reaching, but playing nearly 60 games a season plus training constantly at a high intensity might just take a toll on the human body....

There human beings, NOT machines...

you know exacly what i mean, dont twist it.

my legs are still aching from a 12 minute run on wednesday :$

For 90 minutes every week, Wow, It would be hard.

England 2 - 1 mexico

you know exacly what i mean, dont twist it.

I do know what you mean and im giving you my opinion. Ok they run around the pitch for 90 minutes but they are footballers, so should be used to having to play week in week out. All im saying is a weeks rest is perfectly adequate - you made it sound as though they deserve more than a weeks rest.

I do know what you mean and im giving you my opinion. Ok they run around the pitch for 90 minutes but they are footballers, so should be used to having to play week in week out. All im saying is a weeks rest is perfectly adequate - you made it sound as though they deserve more than a weeks rest.

i understand but like everyone has been saying they are humans not machines and the chelsea lads have played tons of games this season. a week and abits rest could bode well, they only joined up with the england camp on wednesday so have had proberly only 2 days full training.

i understand but like everyone has been saying they are humans not machines and the chelsea lads have played tons of games this season. a week and abits rest could bode well, they only joined up with the england camp on wednesday so have had proberly only 2 days full training.

Every other player in the squad has played the same amount of games as the Chelsea lads though. Probably good that he's resting some of the big names anyway, give Capello a chance to let the new additions show what they can do.

Back