England v Wales, Wembley, Tuesday 6 September 7.45pm

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 157
  • Views Views 9K
why do some fans feel the need to boo the opposing teams national anthem
*sigh

Well, first half was a bit of a mixed bag-bit of a slow burner from England. Downing had shakey start to say the least, but gradually got back to his usual self. Did excellent work for the goal. Good to see Rooney back to his old self-confident and hungry for more goals. I don't feel confident at times with Cole though. Seems to be struggling with the pace down his side and been a couple of times when I've not seen him. But he has got into good positions but as mentioned, couple of poor crosses.

But credit to Wales. They're giving a good account of themselves and making chances and causing some problems. So not a world class performance from England. But efficient, and just doing what they have to do to get the result. And thankfully no signs of frustration as some players are prone to.

Last edited:
Lampard just needs to not burst so far forwards, stay deeper and he'll find the cut backs he's been craving

Lampard just needs to not burst so far forwards, stay deeper and he'll find the cut backs he's been craving
Which he won't do at all.
Which is what annoys me about Lampard, he gets forward so much and just leaves huge gaps behind him when he sits upfront next to the forwards.

should have been 2-0, fairly difficult chance, but Lampard is good enough to be able to take them

should have been 2-0, fairly difficult chance, but Lampard is good enough to be able to take them

Maybe, but he was gettin closed down pretty fast in all directions. Had to make a quick decsion

And I don't like Scott Parkers hair. Don't know why.........

Maybe, but he was gettin closed down pretty fast in all directions. Had to make a quick decsion

True, but Lampard's the kind of player who is that good in that area, you feel he should least get it on target

Bale freekick....

For all the chances that Bale and Ramsey have created (and they've been excellent chances) I'm staggered that Wales haven't scored. Awful, awful miss. Wales deserve something from this game

Although the whistle went then that was a sensational save by Hart, Wales proberly deserve a point at the moment.

If that was Bellamy he would've tried to get behind Terry for a shot and maybe succeed in doing so

Tell you what though, the ratings dont do Wales justice, not compared to their last two games anyway.

Quiet but fairly efficient game from Rooney tonight, but you get the feeling he'd rather be in the hole

Wales are a really good little side. Ramsey has bossed this.

Wales are a really good little side. Ramsey has bossed this.

Defnately taken the game to us in the second half-caused a few nervy moments. How on earth can we suddenly lose the ability to hold on to the ball?

Wales are passing it much better than England in this game. Taylor the left back for Wales looks very good, is quick, composed on the ball and a good tackler

You want to keep possession, bring on Cleverley

Wales are passing it much better than England in this game. Taylor the left back for Wales looks very good, is quick, composed on the ball and a good tackler

only in the last 25 minutes mind

just saw the Earnshaw miss..... oh dear :P

Back