England v Wales, Wembley, Tuesday 6 September 7.45pm

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 157
  • Views Views 9K
Ramsey MoM. Would've been very tough choice between him and Bale imo. But Ramsey definately had an excellent game.

Ramsey MoM. Would've been very tough choice between him and Bale imo. But Ramsey definately had an excellent game.
Meh Bales done some silly things, Ramsey had it easily IMO.

Think Speed would've been the happier manager after that. Wales played very good football and deserved something.

International football is so boring, teams set up way too defensively.

England dropped completely in the last 30 minutes. But i'll take the 3 points. Too often we were slowing to check inside, as if we forgot our best chances and our goal came from crosses

Oh Earnie!! Apart from the result, chuffed with that Wales performance, personally I feel we were the better side especially in that second half. Am i seriously liking Welsh international football again?

England dropped completely in the last 30 minutes. But i'll take the 3 points. Too often we were slowing to check inside, as if we forgot our best chances and our goal came from crosses

Going to swallow my pride here and say aswell that (big intake of breath) Barry played well again. Made some important challenges during the match.

Going to swallow my pride here and say aswell that (big intake of breath) Barry played well again. Made some important challenges during the match.

Yep, Barry was good yet again, not sure what has changed, but he has looked fitter, sharper, quicker to the ball.

Yep, Barry was good yet again, not sure what has changed, but he has looked fitter, sharper, quicker to the ball.

Probably realised it may be his last chance to pull on England shirt unless his performances improved.

Barry was probably the best player for England, something which i dont think i will ever say again. Was such a boring game overall, felt the england players lacked any urgency and any desire, the pressing was poor and i thought the play was slow and predictable at times, the only player who looked unpredictable in the final third was ashley young

Barry was probably the best player for England, something which i dont think i will ever say again. Was such a boring game overall, felt the england players lacked any urgency and any desire, the pressing was poor and i thought the play was slow and predictable at times, the only player who looked unpredictable in the final third was ashley young

Wouldn't say it was boring. Enjoyed the way Wales played in the second half. Good passing, created chances...just a shame about the finished product.

Getting tired of watching england now, actually can't wait 'til after euro 2012 when Capello goes and we get someone new in. Why with the players we have is our build up play so **** slow?

Future's bright for Wales. Expect them to definatley get to a major tournament within the next 8 years.

I turned on just in time for Earnshaw to thoroughly beat Heskey in any missing contest.

Lucky I didn't put the time aside to do an analysis. Friend of mine has it recorded though, so I might still do it if I can be bothered.

Getting tired of watching england now, actually can't wait 'til after euro 2012 when Capello goes and we get someone new in. Why with the players we have is our build up play so **** slow?

Eh? Not sure how you can blame Capello for this one? Set the players out well. Players have to take the responsibility for. And when Redknapp takes over you'll be begging for Capello to return

Wouldn't say it was boring. Enjoyed the way Wales played in the second half. Good passing, created chances...just a shame about the finished product.

was more on about the england performance, should have been more clear.

GOOD.

We'd just be hamstringing ourself. The whole "hurr he needs to be engleesh" thing was just blind nationalism, ridiculous. When you consider how many quality English managers there are (Basically only Redknapp in charge of a top team, and I doubt he'd be much good for England) restricting ourself to only Englishmen is foolish at best.

Back