England vs Holland: February 29th, Wembley Stadium

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 256
  • Views Views 14K
Would we have done that with Capello in charge? I wonder..........

I don't friggin believe it. I really hate Robben that ******

Edit-deflection of Baines I think. Very very very harsh

England. Come-back from 2 down in 5 minutes.

Concede a minute later.

Robben is on fire today. Hopefully the people at Bayern will see this too and let him play more!

Fancy staying in London and playing in blue once more Arjen??? Everytime I watch him play it makes me miss him even more :'(

Hardly-we actually made a fist of it. A nasty deflection cost us. Showed real character for a change to make it 2-2

You also got lucky with an offside goal. Should've therefore been 1-3.

Hardly-we actually made a fist of it. A nasty deflection cost us. Showed real character for a change to make it 2-2

Yeah I know, we played well, it's just so typical of us to lose/draw due to a freakish piece of bad luck.

I really really hate Arjen Robben! One of those players really; he is the only one of few players which whenever I look at him I just hate him!

The tempo of play was a bit slow by england but whenever they notched up a gear or two,the dutch couldn't handle it! If england play regularly like they did in last 20 minutes they have a chance! Just think Carrick has to go to euros,need a player to control midfield!

Can't you guys see England's main problem? England stand off way too much, they need to press the ball much more, when we were doing it towards the end of the game Holland were losing possesion regularly and we scored two goals from nothing practically.

Holland are not a good team, Germany beat them 3-0 because they are a pressing team, unlike us we played like Capello style defending wise, stand off, stand off some more, when they are half way in our half we start to press.

Positive note: Welbeck showed real promise as well as Sturridge although the service was not great, I felt Rooney would of been great in this game. The defence looked reasonable but I would of stuck Jones with Smalling personally.

Last edited:
You also got lucky with an offside goal. Should've therefore been 1-3.

Even if it was 3-1 there were encouraging signs for a change. Impressed by Wellbeck, and Richards had a solid game throwing himself in front of the ball. Just a shame a bit of naivity came through in the defence. But tonight was a learning experience for some players and some learnt fast. And just a shame Smalling had to go off with a very nasty head injury

Back