England vs Holland: February 29th, Wembley Stadium

I'd rather have De Gea

I don't get that. Dutch goalies are always underrated. Vorm and Krul are killing it in the Prem this season and even vd Sar first went to Italy and afterwards Newcastle(?) before becoming the best goalie of ManU. Besides, Stekelenburg cost 6M, I'd take a shot at it for that money.

I don't get that. Dutch goalies are always underrated. Vorm and Krul are killing it in the Prem this season and even vd Sar first went to Italy and afterwards Newcastle(?) before becoming the best goalie of ManU. Besides, Stekelenburg cost 6M, I'd take a shot at it for that money.
Don't go there. I mean in discussion with Mike.
Anyway, anyone have functional stream ?

I disagree with you in some ways. Firstly, your missing out the hot prospects that are still developing, the likes of Connor Wickham, Nathan Delfunso, Fabien Delph, Jordan Rhodes and Jack Wilshere (once fit) whichcan become into top quality players. It seems England have always been playing the "golden generation" players instead of playing the younger players who can produce into top notch players. This is just the re-building stage making a "team" that can actually play together. In my opinion we should get rid of the Gerrard's the Lampards and all the other old players who could never play together, why not start the youths who if play with each other often enough can learn eachothers mind. You do not need the best individual players to win the biggest international tournaments you need at decent team who can play together. I mean since when have Gerrard and Lampard linked well together? The earlier we start playing these youths together in internationals, the better. It may mean a few heavy loses but in the long run it will be more fruitful in major tournament ten years on.

Rhodes has declared for Scotland.

If you swap Barry for Wilshere and Gerrard for Rooney, you've got quite a centre.

Nothing to do with underrated, just prefer De Gea. Got the potential to be even better than Stekelenburg.

We must be doing well-27 minutes and haven't uttered a swear word yet

Nothing to do with underrated, just prefer De Gea. Got the potential to be even better than Stekelenburg.

I would've taken de Gea in United's position as well, but I see where he's coming from - Stekelenburg is better at the moment and if we are to take VDS' longevity as a norm he could've played for some ~10 more years, yet he ended up going to Roma who are a good side but aren't what they used to be. Still an improvement over Ajax on many levels, but he could've gone to a better side.

Rhodes has declared for Scotland.

If you swap Barry for Wilshere and Gerrard for Rooney, you've got quite a centre.

My bad, I agree Gerrard is looking past his sell by date he was awful in the League Cup final

We must be doing well-27 minutes and haven't uttered a swear word yet

You're doing better than us then, we're winning 1-0 yet the team still managed to **** me off.

Slightly more on topic - how's Baines doing?

Gerrard Injured?!

Have fun finishing 7th Liverpool. ;)

You're doing better than us then, we're winning 1-0 yet the team still managed to **** me off.

Slightly more on topic - how's Baines doing?

Doing what he does best. Getting forward, keeping things going with short simple passing, trying to get the crosses in. Just doing what he has to without trying to get fancy-as usual.

ooh great ball from Sturridge. I think Gerrard's injury problems would make him a liability as England captain.

Doing what he does best. Getting forward, keeping things going with short simple passing, trying to get the crosses in. Just doing what he has to without trying to get fancy-as usual.

Good stuff. I hope he manages to go into the Euros as first-choice LB, even if that means I'll have to root for England...

I would've taken de Gea in United's position as well, but I see where he's coming from - Stekelenburg is better at the moment and if we are to take VDS' longevity as a norm he could've played for some ~10 more years, yet he ended up going to Roma who are a good side but aren't what they used to be. Still an improvement over Ajax on many levels, but he could've gone to a better side.

I agree, and and no point am i saying he isnt a good keeper, Stekelenburg is a very good keeper, if we had bought him instead i'd have no real complaints. But De right now is good and getting better, and with the potential to be absolutely outstanding

VDS's longevity isnt the norm to be fair.

Van Persie trying to send the ball into orbit with Adams shot lol