English Premier League Chairman Game

Can I see how Newcastle are coping? I may quit, but this may change my mind.

View attachment 677169
A Decent Few Months For The Villa

Aston Villa have had a mixed bag of results over the February and March period. Although they are still in the relegation zone, they have moved off the bottom of the table, and sit in 18th, 3 points behind Stoke and Crystal Palace, and 4 points behind West Brom and Swansea. With 6 games to play in the league, it's still very much all to play for, for the boys in claret and blue.

Manchester City 1-1 Aston Villa
Alvaro Negredo
Joe Hart OG
February started with a very decent trip to Manchester and what a result for Zola on his first game in charge. We went down to an early Negredo goal, only to fight back into the game well. We ended up having more shots than City, securing a great point on our travels.

Aston Villa 3-1 Everton
Javier Hernandez
Alex Lacazette
Otavio
Vurnon Anita
A spectacular result for Zola in his first game in charge, and a great home debut for new signing Javier Hernandez. We needed a big win to give the fans some belief, and it was a mad first half that saw the result secured. We keep playing like this, there is no way we can go down.

Chelsea 4-1 Aston Villa
Eden Hazard
Darren Bent
Willian
Diego Costa (pen)
Fabregas
Well, what a bump back down to earth for Zola. Managing at the ground he appeared at so many times, we were totally undone. We showed great spirit to get the game back to 1-1, but were instantly put in our place as it was 4-1 at half time. Again, we actually had more shots than Chelsea, but it's just about converting them.

Aston Villa 1-0 Man City (FA Cup 5th Round)
Antonio Luna
Well a fantastic result for the lads! Zola makes it played 2, won 2 at home, and what a win it was. To get a clean sheet against a team playing champions league football is fantastic, and it of course means we progress in the cup. A chance at europe, maybe? We travel to Wigan away in the 6th round.

Aston Villa 3-3 Crystal Palace
Michy Batshuayi
Alex Lacazette
Fabian Delph
Jon Williams
Michy Batshuayi

Javier Hernandez
Wow! A goal fest at villa park, and its very disappointing that we didn't come away with 3 points. This is a game we must be winning, but in the circumstances, being 3-2 down with 19 minutes to play, its good that we fought back. We fell behind early on, but made it 2-1, before going 3-2 down, then new boy Javier Hernandez stepped up and bagged us a valuable point.

Wigan 0-1 Aston Villa
Andi Weimann
A brilliant result again from the lads and Zola. We progress into the FA Cup semi final, and what an achievement! It's worth noting that Weimann's goal wasnt until the 90th minute, but who cares, a win is a win. We have a trip to Wembley booked, where we face Manchester United, on our quest to the final.

Aston Villa 2-0 Arsenal
Alex Lacazette
Darren Bent
Another fantastic result! What a decent couple of months this is turning out to be! We give our hopes of survival another huge boost, and a very good clean sheet! Jores Okore starred with a rating of 9.0. Lacazette scored right on the stroke of half time, before Darren Bent secured the points in the 75th minute. A top result.

Southampton 0-1 Aston Villa
Andi Weimann
Weimann nets his 2nd goal in 3 matches, to again secure us another vital 3 points. Antonio Luna picked up MOTM with a 9.0, as we secure our 3rd clean sheet in a row. Surely, we must be edging towards safety here.

Aston Villa 0-1 Leicester City
David Nugent
Wow. How things can change in a week. Just when things were looking brilliant, we crash back down to earth with a poor performance against a high flying Leicester side. An early David Nugent goal was enough to send the foxes home with all 3 points. An even game judging by the stats, but thats football.

Swansea City 1-1 Aston Villa
Wilfried Bony
Oriol Romeu
Well we respond to last matches defeat by picking up a point. With us playing so well recently, we have dragged a few teams into this relegation battle and one of them is Swansea. It would have been brilliant to get a victory over them, but a point on the road is decent. Bony opened the scoring, before we equalised only 6 minutes later.

Newcastle United 2-2 Aston Villa
Javier Hernandez
Facundo Ferreyra (pen)
Andi Weimann
Victor Moses
Well, this has it's positives and negatives! We were ahead twice in this game, in the end having to settle for a point. Very pleased that we kept players like David Silva, and Steven Jovetic at bay. Brad Guzan had a mare picking up a 5.8 rating, but nevertheless, we had the lead twice, and it's another point on our quest for that 40 point mark.

So, a decent first few months in charge for Brown and Zola, as the team now sits on 29 points with 6 games to play. We have an exciting game next up, with Burnley coming to Villa park, and surely the side that loses could be destined for relegation. We play United twice, in the FA Cup and the league, while another struggling side, West Brom will also welcome us to The Hawthorns, which im sure will be an intense local derby. Luckily, 4 out of the 6 remaining games for us are at home, a place where we've done extremely well since Zola came in. I remain very very faithful that we will be a premier league side come may.

A few injuries to note at Villa Park, with Given and Baker carrying knocks, Westwood out for around 3 weeks, Delph out for the remainder of the season, Ramirez out for around 2 weeks, and Goretzka for around 2 weeks too. I wonder if this may just have an effect on the side.

In terms of the new signings, they have all had very good starts to their Villa careers. Bazoer has looked very good in the U21's playing six games with an average rating of 7.32, while the senior players have stepped up too. Ramirez played 2 games before getting injured, getting an assist in the process, while Hernandez has bagged 3 vital goals. Goretzka has looked positive, getting an assist in his first 4 Villa games, while Danny Batth has only featured twice so far. Demichelis looks a bargain so far, playing 9 games over this period and averaging a rating of 7.06, and somehow managing to get 2 assists! Ignjovski has featured more from bench so far, coming on to hold out the victories, and has done himself proud, averaging nearly 5 tackles a game in the short time he's been on the field.

This is how close it currently looks at the bottom of the table! We may have goal difference slightly on our side, but we still need to claw back a few points yet! We are sure in for a nervy few months.
View attachment 341140

Thanks for taking the time to read my update!​

Looking through the game now. Happy that I managed to get my signings.

Mclaren rings changes as West Brom get season back on track

View attachment 341044

New West Brom manager Steve McClaren has managed to claw West Brom out of the relegation zone up to 15th with a mixture of new signings and experience in the transfer market. Along with the signings of Will Hughes, Tom Cleverley and Stefan Savic, McClaren delved into the transfer market to sign another 4 players. With an outline of needing more fire power, Troy Deeney who was in fine form in the Championship for Watford was brought in. This along with Fabio Borini from Liverpool and Uros Djurdevic from Vitesse. At the age of 19 Djurdevic has just made his Serbia debut and had scored more than a goal a game in the Eredivisie. The last transfer that McClaren brought in was Jordan Mutch from Cardiff, a young player who he felt was much better than the Championship.

Despite only winning 5 games since he took over, 3 of them have come in the last 4 league games. Hopefully they have turned the corner and currently sit in 15th place. Good wins over Liverpool and Spurs, along with Newcastle, Sunderland and West Ham will leave West Brom sitting above the relegation zone but with Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City in the last 6 games, it will be touch and go as to whether they will stay up!

View attachment 677388
Thierry Henry Reveals Delight at Gunners League Position

Reporter: So Thierry give us your thoughts on the season so far.

Thierry: League form has been absolutely fantastic. From the 7th of December all the way until our first leg loss to Dortmund on the 25th of February, we went on an unbeaten run of 15 games. After that we had a few disappointing defeats in the champions league to Dortmund, in the FA Cup to Chelsea and in the Prem to relegation dwellers Aston Villa. However, I wont dwell on these defeats as we are 6 points clear at the top of the table with only 6 games to go. I put our fantastic form down to a combination of fantastic attack, only scoring 2 less this season than Man City, a team with wonderful strikers such as Dzeko, Aguero and Negredo, and our rock solid defence. Of our 6 games we only have 2 difficult games left against Man Utd and Liverpool. However, Man City also have two difficult games in the form of Liverpool and Tottenham. As long as we win all of the 4 easy games we should win the title. I would be incredibly disappointed if we lost it now.

Reporter: Why did you not make any signings in the January transfer window?

Thierry: I said earlier I would be looking to ship out a central defender in the window. However, I later changed my mind as I thought I would give my center backs the chance to fight for their place for the rest of the season and it seems to have worked as all 4 have averaged above a 7 this season. I obviously didnt need to make any signings as well I didn't want to wreck my team cohesion halfway through the season and it clearly works with us sitting top of the table.

Reporter: Is there any other significant performers you want to comment on?

Thierry: My two best team players this year have been Aaron Ramsey and Mesut Ozil. Ramsey has scored 7 and made 10 for others and has been a stalwart in the Arsenal middfield. Ozil has been an assist demon and has set up 14 for others while still scoring 9 himself. I also have many prolific goalscorers to comment on. Since the registration issue back in November, Christian Benteke has been a scoring machine with 13 league goals in 17 appearances. He could still make a late scoring run to become the top scorer in the league. Giroud has been pushed to the side since the emergence of Benteke but has still scored 14 and Sanchez has scored 11 and assisted 9.

Reporter: Thanks for that Thierry. We'll speak to you again in a couple of months, hopefully to discuss Arsenal's premier league win (chuckles)​

Soon ill be reviewing who hasn't done enough updates since the start of the season, people who haven't done enough will go on a list and I will count every update they do, if not enough has been done then you will be disqualified from the game

I will be doing a World Cup 2014 mini game type of thing. People who was part of the last chairman game will know what I am talking about. Since this game is more realistic I will be bringing down the prize money quite a lot as this is just for a bit of fun. The way it goes is that I will give randomly everyone a team so for example: Arsenal owner - France. It will be completely random. You have nothing to do really, you just get given a team and hope they do well.

Prize money:

If your team finishes as:

Winners - 5m cash to your club
Runners up 2.5m cash to your club
Third Place - 1m cash to your club

If a player in your club wins:

Best Player - 3m
Dream Team - 1m
Best Young Player - 1.5m
Golden Boot - 2.5m.​

If I haven't explained clearly enough just ask. It's just some fun and it may take some of the realism away but it's just a game and adds some interest too it.

I may also add sadly the Liverpool owner has resigned and we are now looking for someone to take his position

Thanks.

Last edited:
I have given each team a number. I will use a site to randomly assign the countries in the WC to a number

1 Arsenal
2 Man City
3 Spurs
4 Man Utd
5 Liverpool
6 Chelsea
7 Leicester
8 West Ham
9 Southampton
10 Sunderland
11 Newcastle
12 Hull
13 Everton
14 Swansea
15 WBA
16 Crystal Palace
17 Stoke
18 Aston Villa
19 Q.P.R
20 Burnley

I will shortly reveal who is who. If you can not confirm what country you are, you will not receive any prize money if you was to do well. Please do it something like this

My Club: West Brom
Assigned Country: Algeria

You should do like:
Best Player - 3m
Dream Team - 1m
Best Young Player - 1.5m
Golden Boot - 2.5m.

Back