Euro 2012 Match Discussion Thread

He didn't really press, nor did they press the outlets.

Germanys big error was to not force the tempo. it stayed slow, which helped pirlo.

Surprising indeed. For once, some very questionable choices from Low.

Well, couldnt hope for a better final, Italy-Spain in the groups had some quality football from both sides.

I was afraid Germany would go through and both teams would try to outpossesion each other until sun collapses.

It's funny how everyone wrote Italy off before the game started due to fitness issues but yet they are now in the final. That is why I love football.

Funniest thing is that it was the Germans that looked unfit. And some of the players didnt even play vs. Greece. Go figure.

Funniest thing is that it was the Germans that looked unfit. And some of the players didnt even play vs. Greece. Go figure.

Yup.

What I loved about this was today, good tactical football won. Barcelona did not invent the game 3 years ago, there will always be a place in football for out-thinking your opponent.

Its like they completely collapsed mentally after losing a goal. Unthinkable 15-20 years ago. These guys sure have a lot of flair and beautiful attacking football over old German sides, but i guess it cost them their balls.

Gomez was a real dissapointment to me, 34 year old vet subtitutes him and does more in his first 10 minutes then Gomez did entire first half. .

Its like they completely collapsed mentally after losing a goal. Unthinkable 15-20 years ago. These guys sure have a lot of flair and beautiful attacking football over old German sides, but i guess it cost them their balls.

Gomez was a real dissapointment to me, 34 year old vet subtitutes him and does more in his first 10 minutes then Gomez did entire first half. .

Italy played a high line which really limited Gomez influence and kept him away from the area where he is most dangerous-The Penalty Box

tbh Klose offers more than Gomez overall. Gomez is brilliant at one thing and that is scoring goals. He practically lives in the penalty box and sniffs out loose balls or rebounds. Keep him away from that and its like taking a fish out of water

I voted for Spain to win it again, but thought Germany be in final, so not saying who will win it, just never know in football, too unpredictable and too many unknowns to say of at this point in time. Been a great euro's though, lots of goals and no racism really so thats good.

Italian football has done itself proud this tournament. Culmination of a process of rejuvenation in Serie A, whatever the result in tonights final.

Italian football has done itself proud this tournament. Culmination of a process of rejuvenation in Serie A, whatever the result in tonights final.

I agree its done itself itself proud, not sure its a culmination of rejuvination though. Italian football still has some way to go. Its just lost its 4th European place to Germany.

Just too good. Both goals were about taking their chances. What a way to crown signing for Barcelona ... brilliant play from Alba.

Thats why you negate Pirlo. Italy havent been in the game because of it.

Way to stop Pirlo? Keep the ball away from him... Take note Hodgson.. Your 'possession don't matter' policy is bullshit.

Spain have been unbelievable!