Euro 2012 Match Discussion Thread

Heard a lot racist comments were thrown at Balotelli from spanish supporters. Also reason why Spain lost: Poor pitch according to Barca boys Iniesta, Xavi and Cesc.

Really wish i listened to Andy Brassell a few weeks ago when he was asked "who is your dark horse to win the golden boot" and he said Mario Mandzukic!!!

Well that is surely a bit far-fetched but if we manage to get out of groups and play some more games could happen...he really had excellent game last night and tore irish defenders on most ocassions.Can see him going to some better club than Wolfsburg if he maintain this form on Euro and as I heard he said he'll leave if Felix Magath remains manager because they are in some kind of a fight at club.I'd love to see him at LFC :D

Well that is surely a bit far-fetched but if we manage to get out of groups and play some more games could happen...he really had excellent game last night and tore irish defenders on most ocassions.Can see him going to some better club than Wolfsburg if he maintain this form on Euro and as I heard he said he'll leave if Felix Magath remains manager because they are in some kind of a fight at club.I'd love to see him at LFC :D

If Srna can deliver the crosses in against Spain I think Mandzukic and Jelavic can do some damage.

If Srna can deliver the crosses in against Spain I think Mandzukic and Jelavic can do some damage.

Well if we can judge by last night only player in Spain who can handle them in aerial part of game is Pique,but if we beat Italy who are our regular customers we can play B squad against Spain :D

Well if we can judge by last night only player in Spain who can handle them in aerial part of game is Pique,but if we beat Italy who are our regular customers we can play B squad against Spain :D

Dream on ;)

Yeah noticed that. Still past matches are in Croatia's favor, but I think Corluka and whoever that other guy was will be tormented. Also De Rossi will bully and tackle Jelavic and Mandzuvic out of pitch.

Twitter / Now__Football: Daniele De Rossi has a

I know...our defence is weakest since France 98....Simunic is not playing at top level anymore and he is getting old,Lovren injured and we are lacking good left back. Still our attacking part of team is really good so I hope we can outscore them :D
De Rossi to make penalty and get red carded :D

If Spain done this.. If Spain done that,,, blah blah.

Fact of the matter is Italy pretty much had Spain under complete control and were not defensive either as they had many chances themselves and could of won the game. Spain were not impressive at all in my opinion and how on earth Torres got put on instead of Llorente is beyond me, bet they regret that now. De Rossi was immense in his role.

Heard a lot racist comments were thrown at Balotelli from spanish supporters. Also reason why Spain lost: Poor pitch according to Barca boys Iniesta, Xavi and Cesc.

The pitch was very dry. Spain asked for it to be sprayed with water and Italy said no.

If Spain done this.. If Spain done that,,, blah blah.

Fact of the matter is Italy pretty much had Spain under complete control and were not defensive either as they had many chances themselves and could of won the game. Spain were not impressive at all in my opinion and how on earth Torres got put on instead of Llorente is beyond me, bet they regret that now. De Rossi was immense in his role.
I agree with this completely. In fact, I even think that Alvaro Negredo deserved to be put on more than Fernando Torres; but no, it seems they pick on reputation rather than ability/form. Yes, Torres can be devastating on a good day, but he hasn't had a good day in what...years, now!?

​- PZW

Hodgson backs JT to shine

Three Lions boss backs Terry to show his qualities

Hodgson backs JT to shine | Football News | Sky Sports

For gawd sake, Terry obviously going to be starting.

Hello deep defensive line.

It was always going to be a deep line and why not? JT is sensational when played in a deep line so playing to our strengths. He will shine and i realy hope England fans boo him because it will just spur him on even more.

It was always going to be a deep line and why not? JT is sensational when played in a deep line so playing to our strengths. He will shine and i realy hope England fans boo him because it will just spur him on even more.

More his strengths, not their ("our") strengths.

Playing to slow poach Terry's strengths, reputation before ability with him selected, Jagielka over Terry any day.

More his strengths, not their ("our") strengths.

England have not got the players to play expansive football, this was always going to be the way with these players.

Playing to slow poach Terry's strengths, reputation before ability with him selected, Jagielka over Terry any day.

Well Eriksson, McClaren, Capello and now Hodgson all have continued to pick JT even after all the bad stuff he has done over anyone else and I trust their opinion more than yours.