Euro 2012 Qualified Teams & Playoffs

both banned. Both are treading a seriously fine line about staying on this forum.

Everyone else, take that as a lesson for future threads. I (and Dunc) am not going to waste my time, and other peoples time on people who have no regards to the rules and other users. Its ****** pathetic and ive really had enough. Listen to the warnings because we have no qualms permanently removing people from the forums if warranted.

There seems to be alot of Moutinho love around here. In my modest opinion you are rating him too high peeps, he wouldn't do a good consistent job for any top club, the last season was his best and probably only good overral season, also because he had a super Porto!

There seems to be alot of Moutinho love around here. In my modest opinion you are rating him too high peeps, he wouldn't do a good consistent job for any top club, the last season was his best and probably only good overral season, also because he had a super Porto!

Or finally maturing as a player ;)

I wouldn't say so, he has a good press mostly , not saying he's bad! Just overrated. But take a look at his recent performances with Porto. Been ****. This has been his first good game this season.

Jesus, Portuguese people are so up their own hole its not even funny. (with the exception of DMF).
What makes you think your country is so great?
You have one world class player and a few others that are talented. But you are by no means the best team in the world or even near that. If you were good you would have qualified without the playoffs. You were actually top seeds unlike Ireland who were 4th seeds and still managed to come through.
I predicted Bosnia to go through for the simple reason that I though they had the better team but alas I was proven wrong.

Also on your put downs of Bosnia...if they are such a **** team how come you only managed a draw in the first leg?
Your only major achievement to date is losing to a ****** greece team on home soil. At least England have won a World Cup.
*And before you start the stupid,cocky english kids discussion again I would like to remind you that I am older than 90% of people on this forum and am not english so that **** dont fly with me...

Anyway enough about that.
Looking forward to the group draw. The only team I wish we dont come up against are the Germans or the Spanish. We have shown our strenght by playing against the likes of France, Russia and Italy over the past 4 years. Ireland truly have a chance to make the knock out round if we get a favourable draw such as Poland or Ukraine as our top seeds. Either way I will look forward to my first International tournament in 10 years :D

Awaits infraction for this post but was getting my opinion out. Sorry if I offended anybody

I wouldn't say so, he has a good press mostly , not saying he's bad! Just overrated. But take a look at his recent performances with Porto. Been ****. This has been his first good game this season.

Oh yeah. I watched him play for Portugal only.

Edit: Oh and by the way, to the idiot talking about our debt and all of that, well son, with our without debt, we've been raping you in national football competitions.. And we do have a giant debt. If we didn't have.. God, would you be our bitchs? And the only reason i am saying this, is because you brought to the conversation something that has nothing to do with this. Now, goodbye boys. :)

LOLZ.

Ireland also have **** loads of debt. Its called a JOKE.

PS=When have you been rapping Ireland?

Oh, anyone wants to advance favourites . I know it's early. I'd say there are seven favourites.

1st Spain
2nd Germany
3rd Holland
4th Portugal

As for France, Italy and England I am unsure about the order.

Steve, do not generalize.

Jesus, Portuguese people are so up their own hole its not even funny. (with the exception of DMF).
What makes you think your country is so great?
You have one world class player and a few others that are talented. But you are by no means the best team in the world or even near that. If you were good you would have qualified without the playoffs. You were actually top seeds unlike Ireland who were 4th seeds and still managed to come through.
I predicted Bosnia to go through for the simple reason that I though they had the better team but alas I was proven wrong.

Also on your put downs of Bosnia...if they are such a **** team how come you only managed a draw in the first leg?
Your only major achievement to date is losing to a ****** greece team on home soil. At least England have won a World Cup.
*And before you start the stupid,cocky english kids discussion again I would like to remind you that I am older than 90% of people on this forum and am not english so that **** dont fly with me...

Anyway enough about that.
Looking forward to the group draw. The only team I wish we dont come up against are the Germans or the Spanish. We have shown our strenght by playing against the likes of France, Russia and Italy over the past 4 years. Ireland truly have a chance to make the knock out round if we get a favourable draw such as Poland or Ukraine as our top seeds. Either way I will look forward to my first International tournament in 10 years :D

Awaits infraction for this post but was getting my opinion out. Sorry if I offended anybody

The **** thinks Im English. That takes it too far. Saying he raped us in competitions. I don't think we have ever played Portugal in a competition so he must have said I was English ARGGGGHHHHH.

But yeh Seriously. If Ireland get Greece in the group stages, it will be the most boring game of football the world has ever seen unless Greece have changed drastically since the last World Cup. I can see Uefa giving us a kind draw again (CONSPIRACIES ARE COOL) and then Ireland winning with set piece goals and controversial decisions. a bit like Greece of 2004 with added controversy.

He must have meant England of course, we couldn't beat Ireland since they haven't been in the big ones for the last few years.
Altough that 2010 WC will be a spine in the back, way to go France.

See, I always wondered why Portugal don't do what I think they should and play Liedson up front, Ronaldo and Nani on the wings and Danny in the centre as the link man in a 4-2-3-1. A midfield of Meireles/Moutinho/Danny could potentially be a bit lightweight, but that has fantastic energy, intelligence and passing ability. Liedson's not only a lethal finisher, but he's experienced enough that his off the ball movement is good. Hugo Almeida I've never been a big fan of, but he's big and strong and offers another option. That said, I don't think he should start.

Not only is Liedson 33 now, he also retired from internationals after the World Cup.

Think Danny is excellent, but if we have Danny, Ronaldo and Nani on the pitch PLUS a striker we'd be left defensively open IMO. We don't have a destroyer (although it could work if Carvalho hadn't retired we could play Pepe there), then Moutinho, Meireles and Veloso etc could fight it out.

Personally think we could play -
Patricio
Perreira - Alves - Pepe - Coentrao
Veloso
Meireles - Moutinho
Nani --------------------- Danny/Ronaldo
Ronaldo/Almeida/Postiga​

DMF, Liedson didn't retire from International duty. Even a few months ago he said he was available.

Carvalho didn't retire too, Paulo Bento won't call him anymore since he deserted (his own words) the team.

As for your 11, I would never use Ronaldo as a striker, it's as you put it, then choose a striker, the lesser evil I suppose , Almeida.. Postiga... ergh...

DMF, Liedson didn't retire from International duty. Even a few months ago he said he was available.

Carvalho didn't retire too, Paulo Bento won't call him anymore since he deserted (his own words) the team.

As for your 11, I would never use Ronaldo as a striker, it's as you put it, then choose a striker, the lesser evil I suppose , Almeida.. Postiga... ergh...

He definitely retired after the internationals (think he went back on it though). Carvalho is a ******, but he is our best defender centre back IMO.

I wouldn't use Ronaldo as a striker unless necessary. Prefer Postiga to Almeida as he's more mobile and still very good in the air with Ronaldo on the left drifting. Ronaldo has been excellent for us this year (7 goals in 9 internationals this year) so he's excelling in that role. I'm really excited for the Euro's tbh. Think we've got a real chance of doing well and causing a few upsets.

Seems destined that we're going to draw Spain/England/Germany though :(

Might be the case!

Seems destined? I think the worst is clearly Germany <.< And I mean by far! Spain are a better team , yes :)
But Germany is Germany XD As for England, nah, we'll get them on quarter finals and beat em with penalties, Patricio will save them XD

Might be the case!

Seems destined? I think the worst is clearly Germany <.< And I mean by far! Spain are a better team , yes :)
But Germany is Germany XD As for England, nah, we'll get them on quarter finals and beat em with penalties, Patricio will save them XD

Patricio to take off his gloves and save a penalty, then take off his boot and score the winning penalty - just to go that little step further than Ricardo did :wub: