Euro 2012 Qualified Teams & Playoffs

^ ^

amongst the bollocks being spouted we find....the diamond that is common sense.

DMF - I think you're being too harsh on your own team. You have a very good team, certainly one of the top 10-15 teams in the world when it comes to players, but you've got the same kind of issues we do - getting the whole team working as it should, off the pitch issues, etc. That and fans with massive expectations, but then again, what big-ish team doesn't have moronic fans...

so Spain-Portugal-Greece-Ireland could be a possible group (i think).

The Group of Debt anyone?

Right enough of this utter ****. People are getting infractions handed out.

Blyndreaper and benfica, you think i infract you becuase i dont like you. Trust me if i could infract you because i dont like you, both of you wouldnt even be on this site. You get infracted because you are rude, insufferable and break the rules so often. DMF absolutely nailed it on the head with his post. It was close over two legs as we were saying.

Want to know why people sided with Bosnia, read the **** you have come out with and realise just how much you put people off.

End of this bollocks. ANYONE continuing this **** gets an instant day ban.

DMF, i think the side can go far, provided they work around the fact they dont have a quality forward, not as if you are lacking goals from other areas, let whoever plays there be a linkman and just work the line for the rest of the side

Right enough of this utter ****. People are getting infractions handed out.

Blyndreaper and benfica, you think i infract you becuase i dont like you. Trust me if i could infract you because i dont like you, both of you wouldnt even be on this site. You get infracted because you are rude, insufferable and break the rules so often. DMF absolutely nailed it on the head with his post. It was close over two legs as we were saying.

Want to know why people sided with Bosnia, read the **** you have come out with and realise just how much you put people off.

End of this bollocks. ANYONE continuing this **** gets an instant day ban.

Tbh Mike I wouldn't say it was that close over two legs. I think we by far and away deserved the win, but we did the job professionally. If we took the same notion as those two guys we'd have been slaughtered.

If I could choose a group now for Portugal, I'd take Poland, Russia, PORTUGAL and Ireland/Czech Republic. Tbh, I'd rather face Spain than Holland too as we always struggle vs Holland/Germany/France. I honestly think we can beat anyone in the competition on our day, it's just we don't get "our day" anywhere near often enough.

ATHE - After re-reading the post it is a bit harsh, but I hope people understand what I mean. We've got a great team when everyone is fit and if we play well we can beat anyone on any day. I just don't think that we have enough depth defensively which is where we fall short. We've got a well rounded team though and the fact we have players like Quaresma, Danny, Micael and Almeida on our bench (if everyone is fit and we pick our strongest team) shows we do have some depth. Just don't think we're good enough to win this just yet. If we could swap the World Cup and Euro's around I think we'd have a chance in 2 years time but the World Cup is too much of an ask with the South American countries involved too.

When's the draw again for the Euros?

When's the draw again for the Euros?

December 2nd.

Mike I agree, Postiga doing really well in there. Just happy our manager has finally seen sense and brought Moutinho into the side!

About freaking time with Moutinho

DMF, i think the side can go far, provided they work around the fact they dont have a quality forward, not as if you are lacking goals from other areas, let whoever plays there be a linkman and just work the line for the rest of the side

See, I always wondered why Portugal don't do what I think they should and play Liedson up front, Ronaldo and Nani on the wings and Danny in the centre as the link man in a 4-2-3-1. A midfield of Meireles/Moutinho/Danny could potentially be a bit lightweight, but that has fantastic energy, intelligence and passing ability. Liedson's not only a lethal finisher, but he's experienced enough that his off the ball movement is good. Hugo Almeida I've never been a big fan of, but he's big and strong and offers another option. That said, I don't think he should start.

See, I always wondered why Portugal don't do what I think they should and play Liedson up front, Ronaldo and Nani on the wings and Danny in the centre as the link man in a 4-2-3-1. A midfield of Meireles/Moutinho/Danny could potentially be a bit lightweight, but that has fantastic energy, intelligence and passing ability. Liedson's not only a lethal finisher, but he's experienced enough that his off the ball movement is good. Hugo Almeida I've never been a big fan of, but he's big and strong and offers another option. That said, I don't think he should start.

Not a bad shout actually, but he's 33 now though?

Oh Jesus Christ, so many "yes-mans" . I shan't waste my keyboard any more.
Have fun agreeing all the time saying "YES MATE, CHEERS" and patting yourselves in the back.

Good evening to all.

Have fun agreeing all the time saying "YES MATE, CHEERS" and patting yourselves in the back.

Good evening to all.

Let them talk **** ahah, we're the ones laughing now, they call us arrogant and ****, they were the ones saying Bosnia would destroys us and all that ahah, now time for us to leave, ignore and let them talking to the wall.

Edit: Oh and by the way, to the idiot talking about our debt and all of that, well son, with our without debt, we've been raping you in national football competitions.. And we do have a giant debt. If we didn't have.. God, would you be our bitchs? And the only reason i am saying this, is because you brought to the conversation something that has nothing to do with this. Now, goodbye boys. :)

Last edited:

Good evening to all

Let them talk **** ahah, we're the ones laughing now, they call us arrogant and ****, they were the ones saying Bosnia would destroys us and all that ahah, now time for us to leave, ignore and let them talking to the wall.

Oh shut the f*ck up for christs sake. Childish beyond belief. Grow the f*ck up

Oh shut the f*ck up for christs sake. Childish beyond belief. Grow the f*ck up

Ignore them, they're not worth it. The French are, remember Loreal you're worth it!
Helder Postiga is a good link up player but I doubt he's good enough to lead the line on his own, Almeida > imo.

I backed Portugal against Bosnia and rightly they won against them. It was about time the whole team clicked as team rather than playing as individuals.

Yesterday Me and DMF were having the same chat, who should be the striker. I like Almeida as a target man, he really offers a lot to the team when he is arsed to do so. I would play him, Ronaldo and Nani as front trio, Veloso, Moutinho and Raul as midfield trio. Problem with Danny is, he is best as AM but I dont think Portugal would benefit from one more luxury player as they already have Ronaldo who offers 0 defensively.

I would prefer Ronaldo starting on left and drifting inside.

Woah, finally Nani and Ronaldo on the wings. Just **** worthy when they both play to their maximum capability. I want Nani to prove his class with Portugal as he was unlucky with National team in the past and always did well in qualifiers and friendlies.

Also please Fergie sign Moutinho. He is a gem.

Helder Postiga is a good link up player but I doubt he's good enough to lead the line on his own, Almeida > imo.

Which is why I have reservations. Almeida's just a bit too one-dimensional for me though, from what I've seen of him.

For me, as a portuguese, our striker would be Nelson Oliveira! He is young of course, but he'd do the job perfectly, honestly I do not like any of our strikers.