Euro 2016

Good game from Wales, congratulations :)
You were very effective with your chances and all your shots were well placed.

Altough Wales has good players and a plan, I can only blame the Belgians for losing this.
First because they don't seem prepared for the match at all. They have no idea how to play against a team which is playing with 3/5 defenders and ofcourse the set pieces were uncredibly chaotic defensively. In the first half he put De Naeyer and J Lukaku to play man on man, like Wilmots would do if Vermaelen and Vertonghen were still playing, but these 2 defenders just couldn't win any headers. He noticed his mistake and in the second half he put in Fellaini to defend and put J Lukaku on the 16m lol.

Ofcourse Belgium was unlucky last match to miss 4 central defenders (Kompany, Lombaerts, Vermaelen and Vertonghen) and Wales took advantage from it really well by using their typical runs from the midfield into behind the defense. Imo you could prevent this by putting an experienced defender like Alderweireld on LCB to support and coach both Lukaku and De Naeyer. Or you could play up higher. Which I think would be prefered anyways. Then I'd use Dembele, because unlike Naingolan he is more a player who dictates play and I believe he coaches more.

But in the end I thought the game was really close and Belgium had a fair few chances to get the 2-2 in the second half. A penalty not given, few good headers missed and probably a second yellow card not given. It was when Belgium was forced to go full offensive that they got the 3-1, which was a real beauty.

I really hope Wales progresses to the finals, because I simply don't like the way Portugal is playing. Too bad Ramsey is suspended and it will be really hard to score goals now. I could see that match going into penalties again or maybe a FK or a Corner goal from either side.

The only team I called before the tournament who would do surprisingly well is Iceland...;(

Go Go Vikings!

Absolutely outstanding matey. Told yers you were going the semi's back the end the group haha!

Been screaming the house down here. Awesome. Made up for yer.

****, you were right after all, Wales in semis.

I would say I am happy but not so much, after seeing their celebrations after England lost I found it disrespectful. But I do appreciate what they have done and it is a great achievement.

However, wow, Bleguim, bigger bottle job than England and some of that defending was absolutely atrocious last night. I mean no marking on corners, Robson-Kanu's goal was good and all but what the **** were the defenders doing, you should never allow the player to have a chance to turn like that in the box.

Some of the worst defending I've seen, if Kompany/Vertonghen/Vermealen were playing that wouldn't of happened.

Heartbroken but holy **** watching Schweinsteiger miss the 5th penalty brought back some great memories.

Last edited:
Sorry Conte, only Louis Van Gaal can bring a sub especially for the shoot-out and not make a mug out of himself. ******* ****, Zaza's was the worst penalty of the lot.

Zaza and Pelle...

shame-GOT.gif

What the **** was Zaza's run up, it's called a run up not run on the spot

3 down, 1 to go! If France can get the job done, I'm $400 richer :)

I feel incredibly disappointed for the maestro Gigi Buffon. If English players were willing to show even half the dedication and passion that he does, we would win the World Cup.

Seriously though, that shoot-out was so bad, it almost looked scripted.

Usually it's one guy who does overly elaborate run up and misses. Here all of them suddenly decided they are next Panenka or they tried to do ballet steps on the penalty spot. Whatever happened with just running in and booting it.

Right if they win against France I demand to know the lottery numbers as you can clearly know the future somehow

Lol. Joking aside, why not Iceland later?

They have all the momentum, work as hard if not harder than anyone, and they are exceptionally well organised and have an indomitable team spirit.

The French on the other hand are distinctly average with a sprinkling of a few World class talents who are pretty darn fortunate to still be in the tournament.

Why not Iceland?

Fancying them tonight to continue the fairytale.

Lol. Joking aside, why not Iceland later?

They have all the momentum, work as hard if not harder than anyone, and they are exceptionally well organised and have an indomitable team spirit.

The French on the other hand are distinctly average with a sprinkling of a few World class talents who are pretty darn fortunate to still be in the tournament.

Why not Iceland?

Fancying them tonight to continue the fairytale.

France are not great but they are better than England, I think they will be too much for Iceland but I hope they get a result tonight, they are the team I am now supporting, would be a fairytale if they made it to the semis. Come on Iceland.

Last edited:
Great goals from payet and Griezmann, France putting iceland to the sword like England should have no disrespect to them like. Be an interesting match Germany vs France hard to pick a winner Germany have not really impressed and neither have France before tonight

Feel for Iceland, one step too far. Still great Euros for them whatever happens.