Europa League Discussion Thread

Totally agree AJT. Once Rooney gets more settled **** do very well IMO. Works his balls off, and not afraid to let players know "hes there". Was very proud and although they are the probably the best team in this competition, we held our own very well.

Was very happy for Jerome after scoring on his debut, especially after all the stick he gets from Blues fans.

Wonder if you will think its bollocks when your knocked out of the group stages and enter the EL? That is if you can make 3rd. :p

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

Blues game last night was very good for the neutral.

1st half our passing was woeful, I dont think Carr made a pass to a Blue shirt. It got better as the half went on. Rooney really should have scored before Braga did, and I am rather unsure as to why King took the free kick right before half time.

2nd half was fantastic, there 2nd goal, dubious as it was, was very well taken. Offside flag may have been raised, but thats a different matter. Kings goal was very well worked by Burke. Redmond was a cut above again, desperatly unluck with his curling effort from about 30 yards, although the 'kepper made a meal of it. The next 20-25 mins was just all Blues, its a shame we couldn't find the net. Pushing up obviously resulted in us losing a 3rd.

Overall was very pleased with the way we played, especially making 6 or 7 changes to the first team from Sunday.

Was disappointed with the way Braga players went down everytime they was touched. The RB who "appeared" to be caught by Spector rolled around for about 20 seconds "in agony" before realising he never got the free kick to get straight back up and run back.

I'll probably think it's even more bollocks. The quality of the games last night were just ridiculously low. It's not even a poor-man's Champions League any more.

Totally agree AJT. Once Rooney gets more settled **** do very well IMO. Works his balls off, and not afraid to let players know "hes there". Was very proud and although they are the probably the best team in this competition, we held our own very well.

Was very happy for Jerome after scoring on his debut, especially after all the stick he gets from Blues fans.

Really?! Athletico, Lazio, Schalke, Spurs, PSG, possibly even Sporting are all better than Braga Tbh. If Braga are the best team in the competition, the fact we beat them 6-0 last season pretty much sums up the gulf in class between the two competitions.

The EL is hardly bollocks, its just badly structured, much better when it goes knockout rounds

I'll probably think it's even more bollocks. The quality of the games last night were just ridiculously low. It's not even a poor-man's Champions League any more.

Really?! Athletico, Lazio, Schalke, Spurs, PSG, possibly even Sporting are all better than Braga Tbh. If Braga are the best team in the competition, the fact we beat them 6-0 last season pretty much sums up the gulf in class between the two competitions.

Was meant to read one of the best teams in the competition. They are hardly poor, they got to the final last year. Just because your not in it, doesnt undermine it saying its a poor competition. As Mike has said, its very badly structured.

Also a bit insulting to teams like Fulham, Stoke and Birmingham. They played well last night. They're chances of qualifying for the CL are pretty low right now, so it's a great chance for them to do well in a European competition.

the fact we beat them 6-0 last season pretty much sums up the gulf in class between the two competitions.

We also lost to them 2-0. Braga aint the best team there, but on their best day can win any of the other teams there.

On paper, Martin Jol is a very good choice to manage us considering his record at Tottenham, however, I don't think we had the right players to fit into his style of play. Yesterday we had no width and it was very crowded in the centre, its like the players don't understand what there role is. I thought Twente were very good, the goal was particularly good, a great counter attack and good cross. Luuk De Jong stood out for me. Wasn't a huge fan of Rosales though, a bit of drama queen when it comes to getting tackled. Martin Jol has a lot to prove though, hopefully Bryan Ruiz can turn things around for us but we've got Man City at the weekend so i don't expect much. Thought your fans were brilliant as well, mainly because I was sitting right next to them, they were singing throughout the whole game.

Well to be fair, Rosales did get an elbow in his face the first time he went down. That said, we are severely lacking in a good right winger since Ruiz left, so Adriaanse made a bet on Rosales. Luckily his guess payed off, but Rosales imo is very limited in his capabilities. Also, you might forget that the EPL is much more physical than the Eredivisie, so I wasn't really surprised with Rosales' fall.

Though in general I found that Fulham was way too opportunistic, which was also the case with Ajax when Jol was managing them. I mean Twente had 53% possession in this game, where you'd expect the home team has more possession.

Sporting X Lazio tomorrow.

Cant wait! With Sporting's new found form, im sure we can beat the **** fascists!

HOLY **** HOLY ****!!! I was comming from college, and when when my bus stops near one of the best hotels in Lisbon, i see a lot of police and a few italian lads, i left the bus and rushed the place, got Cissé, Klose and Hernanes to sign my shirt!!!! hahahaahahah

Just heard on the news Celtic are beating Udinese 1-0 !

HOLY **** HOLY ****!!! I was comming from college, and when when my bus stops near one of the best hotels in Lisbon, i see a lot of police and a few italian lads, i left the bus and rushed the place, got Cissé, Klose and Hernanes to sign my shirt!!!! hahahaahahah

No way, Hernanes is the God of FIFA :O

The second goal was amazing by Johnson. Brilliant first touch and a nice little curl over the keeper. I feel that he'll score lots more in Europe this season. He could well be our new Gera.