Everton Perfection: Win BPL (98 points) & FA Cup First Season

I'm trying to replicate your results with Everton using the 14.3 update. No additional updates and i'm autosaving every week because of the crappy crashes this latest update seems to cause.

Only signings are Balanta and Obiang and i use my own pre-season training to get the tactic 100% familiar at the start of the league. For season training i will use Balanced-Average, because i like to set individual training on Heavy.

Also i think that in difficult away matches setting the Anchor to a Half-Back would give more defensive stability, but i will test that.

Last edited:
I'm trying to replicate your results with Everton using the 14.3 update. No additional updates and i'm autosaving every week because of the crappy crashes this latest update seems to cause.

Only signings are Balanta and Obiang and i use my own pre-season training to get the tactic 100% familiar at the start of the league. For season training i will use Balanced-Average, because i like to set individual training on Heavy.

Also i think that in difficult away matches setting the Anchor to a Half-Back would give more defensive stability, but i will test that.
Hows it going?

Hows it going?

The friendlies went very well with 10 victories and 2 draws, but those were just friendlies and most of the time against weaker opponents. I've also made a mirror version to switch during matches. If i play against a very strong LB and/or a very strong RW i switch to mirror tac to see if the other side is weaker. The HB option seems to have a good effect on the defensive stability, but i have not tested it in a competitive match.

Going to start the season tonight, so i'll keep you posted.

Can you let me know what your pre season training is please? It took me until Nov for full fluid

Poweriess absolutely flying with luton 2nd season in l2. Top by 10 points in Nov and only lost one game in league with 3 or 4 draws. Didn't change a thing but made a mirror tactic which is very useful. Need to somehow stop conceding so many goals though. Rarely keep a clean sheet

Can you let me know what your pre season training is please? It took me until Nov for full fluid

This is how I do pre-season:
-Start the season in Germany (season will start on the 18th of june) - after loading you can switch to any selected competition.
-Set general training to "Team Cohesion" on "Very High"
-Set match training on 50% (slider all the way to the left), untick boxes rest before and after match and set it on "Tactics only".
-Plan on the first date possible a home friendly against a very weak opponent.
-Plan every other 3 days another friendly until one week before season starts. (This way you play a friendly and the next two days you train Tactics until the next friendly, making sure you only train tactics.)
-Play friendlies against similar or weaker opponents - this is to make sure you don't lose lots of games and get crappy morale amongst players.
-Hire a good Tactics coach!! - This is very important and will help you get your tactics to 100% familiarity quickly. Search for a 4 star Tactics coach at least. When you search for Staff, look for a high rating in Tactics and an as high as possible rating for Determination, Level of Discipline and Motivating. Those are the key stats! With top clubs i always hire Dave Billows, who has a rating of 4,5 stars for tactics. (Other create coaches are Fermo Favini, Mauro Tassoti, Valter Vio)

When using this approach i've always had my tactics familiarity at least at 85% at the start of the competition. I then kept match training on "Tactics only" but for 30% and the box rest after match ticked until the tactics were 100% familiar. I also kept general training on "Team cohesion" but on "average" when competition starts until my players reached a very good understanding (you can view this on Reports - Last Match - Teamtalk feedback).

P.S. Signing more than 4 or 5 players will really hinder you progress in tactic familiarity. If you do sign a buttload of new players you can use the approach above, but play less friendlies. I personally play a friendly every saturday for instance, so my team trains 4 days on "Team Cohesion" and 2 days on "Tactics only" before the next match. If you start in Germany on the 18th of june, you still get to play 6 or 7 friendlies and you should be able to get familiarity to a high level.

Last edited:
Poweriess absolutely flying with luton 2nd season in l2. Top by 10 points in Nov and only lost one game in league with 3 or 4 draws. Didn't change a thing but made a mirror tactic which is very useful. Need to somehow stop conceding so many goals though. Rarely keep a clean sheet

Have you tried to change the Anchor into a Half-Back? I think that way you can create a more stable defence. You can also try putting the CWB and the CM to a support duty.

Im glad your flying man! and ive relised the defence needs some tweaking too, ill try sort it out

The friendlies went very well with 10 victories and 2 draws, but those were just friendlies and most of the time against weaker opponents. I've also made a mirror version to switch during matches. If i play against a very strong LB and/or a very strong RW i switch to mirror tac to see if the other side is weaker. The HB option seems to have a good effect on the defensive stability, but i have not tested it in a competitive match.

Going to start the season tonight, so i'll keep you posted.
Cheers man

Have you tried to change the Anchor into a Half-Back? I think that way you can create a more stable defence. You can also try putting the CWB and the CM to a support duty.

doesn't allow cwb to be on support duty

Then you could change it to WB, that allows support duty.

Guys, ive tweaked the tactic and have been testing the tweak with Crystal Palace (imo the worst team in the league) and here are my results so far! one word Amazing, i will continue to test with Palace, then tomorrow when the new update is released i will test with a new team for the first season. If the tactic brings me success on the other save to i will upload for you guys!

View attachment 350163View attachment 350162View attachment 350161View attachment 350160

What happened in that Spurs game? Jesus ha

Interested in this though thank god someone testing it on a lower team!

What happened in that Spurs game? Jesus ha

Interested in this though thank god someone testing it on a lower team!
hahah dno they just seemed to play through us like nothing whereas man city, chelsea, etc coudnt, it was very weird and I know, i need to ensure it works for lower teams!

Send it my way in a private message I always play with lower teams so can give you another test

If it can save my shrewsbury save then its the one! ha