Reaction score
An Everton Story
Using the LFC Marshall January Update

Everton - Reliving past Glories

650.png

Moyes walks out on Everton!

28228.png

9.05am

Everton fans will be shocked waking up today to see their manager David Moyes is no longer the manager of their beloved club. It has been rumoured that after a falling out with Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright over the transfer policy that has been undertaken in recent years, with the club having to sell to bring any new players in.

image-12-for-team-of-the-weekend-april-4-5-gallery-385884204.jpg

David Moyes cut a diminishing figure at the end of the 2009/10 season

David Moyes ended his 8 years at Goodison today after walking stating that he felt that he had taken the club as far as he possibly could under the tight restrictions that the club were being run under. With much speculation regarding the post that is currently available at Everton it is largely expected that the appointment will be someone who has Premier League experience already. Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright released a club statement following the departure of David Moyes.

linebreak.png

650.png
Everton Statement

"We as a club would like to wish David Moyes success in his future challenges and thank him for his services to Everton. He has taken us to many successes, including the FA Cup Final and took us to the Champions League.

I believe that this club can recover from this loss and we are actively searching for a replacement for David, everyone at the club is working night and day and we will not rush into making the decision because this is an important step for the club to remain successful and push forward into the future."

linebreak.png

With players at Everton no doubt hoping that there is a quick resolution to this issue, hoping that their futures will be safe under the new manager, whoever that might be. Club Captain Phil Neville has said, "It's such a shame that David has left the club, he was a fantastic manager had complete backing from the players."

"We hope that we can quickly resolve this issue and turn our focus to the Premier League season coming up. Everyone here at the club believes that we can have a successful season. There are some nervous faces in training hoping that the new manager will be able to continue where David off." The question on everyone's lips is no doubt,

'Who will take over the reigns at Goodison?'

linebreak.png

Alan Curbishley declares interest in Everton post

28228.png

9.30am

Ex West Ham and Charlton Manager Alan Curbishley has thrown his name into contention for the manager's role at Everton after the shock departure of David Moyes earlier today. After leaving West Ham in 2008 Alan Curbishley has declared his interest in the Everton job stating that he would like to make a return to management and feels that this is the perfect opportunity for him.

AlanCurbishley.jpg

Alan Curbishley enjoyed spells at Charlton and West Ham leading both clubs to respectable league positions

Alan Curbishley in an interview with a reporter stated that, "I would love to be given the opportunity to manage Everton, I feel that I have valid experience and could bring success to the club." Alan Said, "Everton is a fantastic club and I am openly declaring my interest in the position."

We have not heard any comment from Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright regarding the vacancy since his statement earlier today. There are rumours coming out of Goodison that there is going to be a press conference at 12pm today, although nothing can be confirmed as of yet.

linebreak.png

skybet341x296.gif

Sky Bet have revealed their likely candidates for the Everton vacancy. With a surprise Alex McLeish running out people's favourites for the position after the brilliant job that he did in keeping Birmingham City in the Premier League and finishing comfortably in mid table.

Alex McLeish 5/1
Alan Curbishley 6/1
Mark Hughes 6/1
Owen Coyle 7/1
Paul Lambert 10/1
Roberto di Matteo 25/1

There it is! :) beautiful good start buddy like the layout :)

Nice start.

I will keep an eye on this. Should be interesting to see who you buy and tactics you use as I have started a game with Everton.

Brilliant start. Love layout Keep it up buddy

Cheers buddy, thanks for the comments :)

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

Nice start.

I will keep an eye on this. Should be interesting to see who you buy and tactics you use as I have started a game with Everton.

Cheers buddy, will post updates regarding formation, signings and everything :D

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

650.png

Andy Gray appointed Everton Boss

28228.png

12.00pm

After hours of speculation about who would be the man to lead Everton forward we finally have some news to bring you. The news coming out of Everton is that Chairman Bill Kenwright has announced that ex Sky Sports and club legend Andy Gray as the new boss. This appointment might surprise many fans and pundits across the country after David Moyes has been replaced by someone who has no experience at management level, but has a wealth of experience playing for 8 different clubs playing 493 league games and scoring 178 goals.

Andy-Gray.jpg

Since the appointment at Goodison there has been mixed reaction from the Blues faithful, with many people questioning the 55 year old Scots credentials to lead a club with the stature of Everton forward and improve on what David Moyes had already achieved.

During Andy Gray's two years at Goodison fans will no doubt remember that highly controversial headed effort that secured the FA Cup in 1984 for Everton when he headed the ball out of the Watford keepers hands. In his second year he aided Everton to reach another FA Cup Final where they were this time defeated by Manchester United as well as leading them to a League Championship and European Cup Winners' Cup fans will be hoping that he can bring these glory days back to Everton. With the appointment of Andy Gray having been announced today, Chairman Bill Kenwright has released a statement.

linebreak.png

650.png
Everton Statement

"I have complete belief in Andy and know that he will give everything to the club, he brought great success in his playing career and as a supporter I would love to see those great European nights return to Goodison and I believe that we have our man. Although many people will say that Andy hasn't got managerial experience but I feel that after watching hundreds of matches whilst working for Sky Sports and his passion for the game will drive him to success.

Everton is a club that should be competing for top honours and I have spoken with Andy regarding the targets for the season and we both believe that these are achievable. Andy will be hosting a press conference tomorrow where he will be able to answer any questions regarding any footballing matters, as I am just here to make sure the club is run in a financially sound way."

linebreak.png

Absolutely terrific buddy! :) what a shock in Andy Gray! wasn't even in the running according to the media ;) like it :D good luck!

Absolutely terrific buddy! :) what a shock in Andy Gray! wasn't even in the running according to the media ;) like it :D good luck!

Haha sneaky devil see!! :) certainly a surprise!

Really nice layout so far mate, keep it up look forward to tactics and formations

What a genuine surprise, never thought Mr Gray would get it! I'm a follower. Check my AFC Wimbledon story out if u get time mate.

Thanks

What a genuine surprise, never thought Mr Gray would get it! I'm a follower. Check my AFC Wimbledon story out if u get time mate.

Thanks

Cheers buddy, :) yeh I thought it would be a nice twist to have him as manager :D

---------- Post added at 03:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 AM ----------

this could potentially be the best story ive ever read, keep going mate

Will do mate, will have an update in a bit :)

---------- Post added at 03:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 AM ----------

Man, I'm gunna miss the Wales story :'(

I felt like I needed a change, I had won everything and was tired of all the regens, lol!

---------- Post added at 03:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 AM ----------

gunner miss wales and manu .. but will follow great staRT:D

Cheers mate will get one up asap :D

Get a female assistant lol.
Great start will follow - good luck!!

Richard Keys as his assistant.

Haha ;)

---------- Post added at 03:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 AM ----------

Sky Sports News - Everton Press Conference

2nd July 2010

28228.png

With Andy Gray being appointed as the new boss at Everton the press are desperate to see what aims and objectives that the ex Sky Sports presenter and commentator has for the club. After much speculation and belief that this he was not the right man for the job it was time to get Andy's opinion on the club and its personnel. With press from all Britain's top newspapers waiting in the Goodison Park press room in anticipation of the coming conference.

andy-gray-off-air-richard-007.jpg

Goodison Park - Press Conference

Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright has walked out with new manager Andy Gray and taken a seat at the front of the press room with Bill Kenwright opening with,

"Thank you for your attendance, I am sure that you plenty of questions for Andy and I am sure he will try to answer the questions as well as possible."

si2584_the_sun_logo1.gif
- Hello Andy, and congratulations on the position of Everton manager how does this make you feel?

Andy Gray said:
"Well I am delighted to be given the position, I felt that since my departure from Sky Sports, that I missed being involved with football so much, and this position came available and I contacted Bill."

si2584_the_sun_logo1.gif
- What makes you believe that you can bring success to Everton seeing as the only experience that you have is your playing career?

Andy Gray said:
"Well I feel that I have been heavily involved with football since my retirement spending 20 years working with Sky Sports watching and analysing matches, although I have no experience in managing players I have a belief of the way I want football to be played."

si2584_the_sun_logo1.gif
- Having no European competition in this season do you believe this will aid your progress and what would you say are your club objectives for the season?

Andy Gray said:
"Everton is a massive club and I believe it should be competing in all of Europe's top competitions, having played for this club when it was regarded one of the top clubs in Europe, that would be my long term objective..."

si2584_the_sun_logo1.gif
- Yes Andy, but what do you believe is achievable this season, where do you believe that the club should be finishing in the league?

Andy Gray said:
"Well I feel that a realistic target that I have agreed with Bill, is that we should be reaching the top half of the table, with hope of gaining qualification to Europe next season. A top 6 finish is the target for us this season. I also believe that the club should be bringing home some silverware at the end of the season."

talkSPORT_logo.jpg
- Hello Andy, Darren Gough from TalkSport, do you think you will be making any adjustments to the squad ahead of the season and have you discussed any transfer targets and budgets with the Chairman?

Andy Gray said:
"We as a club have identified transfer targets and although I would not like to discuss the club's transfer policy, but we are going to work under strict budgets as it's important for this club to remain financially sound as we move forward."

talkSPORT_logo.jpg
- With your arrival at the club, will you be making any adjustments to the back room staff?

Andy Gray said:
"Well I will be hoping to bring in my own staff in the coming days as I plan to put my own mark on the club in the process of taking us forward."

talkSPORT_logo.jpg
- Having found out earlier today that Richard Keys had handed in his resignation from TalkSport radio can you shed any light on this matter will he be coming to work with you?

Andy Gray said:
"(laughs) Keysy has joined the club and will be assisting me tomorrow, and is going to be dealing with the public relations side of things as my assistant."

talkSPORT_logo.jpg
- Thank you very much for your time Andy and we look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

And with that, the press conference was over, Andy Gray had outlined the club would be aiming for this season, as well as the fact that Richard Keys would be joining as a Public Relations manager within the club.